What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Witt

Misty Bee

First Grade
Hollywood Jesus said:
And don't forget you have me and Dusty there each week too 8)

Great on, Klinger. That'll really scare her off!

BTW, Dusty = Dusty Hill? Great beard, Dusty!

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
As i said... I'll always ALWAYS be an eels supporter, it's just in my blood (i think i'd b kicked outta home if i went for anyone else!!)
but i just think sometimes it will be really hard to motivate myself to kick it out to leichardt one night when i know... say... Bubsy is playing elsewhere.
I just need lots and lots of money and spare time so i can see them all!! :D
I hope that the new guys coming down are really nice, cos you all know me, im up for making friends... ;-) and i also know that some of the guys remaining are really sweet, ie Ryan Hinchliffe Matt Lantry and i could never leave my big bro Burty
but, it's just so hard, you know? bad enough us Hill Girls lost our Ian, our Scotty (who again, like a bro to me especially) now my absolute favourites?? THIS CLUB EXPECTS ALOT FROM THE BLONDE!![ thats all...

BTW thanks for the kind words guys, *sniff* its nice to be told you'll be missed! I should have known that you would know where im coming from

and never fear.... those boys ain't getting rid of me that easy.... :D :D :lol: [/u]

glamour_eel

Juniors
I was at a luncheon a few weeks ago where the great Peter Sterling was present for a q & a with people. When asked about coaching his response was that it is his dream to coach the eels. And hopefully if and when his footy show commitments end, he can begin a coaching career.

Or let Brett Kenny gain some experience @ Penrith, then come back home when he's learnt how to coach and lead us to grand final victory!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Although Sterlo has never coached a NRL team, I would love to see him coach the eels.

He was a good tactician and leader on the field, I think he has all the right attributes.

And if we could just freeze it there for a minute....we can see the gap left by Brian Smith, as his D Day approaches.

Sterling

Juniors
from now on no one watch the footy show so its ratings go down and it gets the axe ..then we can have sterlo for coach!

PB

Bench
Sterling said:
from now on no one watch the footy show so its ratings go down and it gets the axe ..then we can have sterlo for coach!

You dont have to ask me twice to not watch the footy show, although not necessairily to have him as a coach.

You guys whinge about some of the other so called injury prone first graders we have had, yet complain about losing another in Steve Witt.

People who witness every premier league game and every training sessioon, and those who sit in on doctors reports would probably have the best opinion on this. But unfortunately, nobody here has access to that info, and plenty here dont watch the reserve graders play.

Y2Eel

First Grade
witt was fairly injury prone he probably would have played one first grade match and been injured. but we will never know....

Y2Eel

First Grade
El Duque said:
And Dykes isn't injury prone?

I wonder who'splayed less in the last two years.

Dunno looks like he has been in the last few years but this threads bout witt so i didnt think i needed to throw dykes in :-k

Stagger eel

Staff member
Sterlo will never coach us while Fitzy is there!! plain and simple. Dennis has been a head honcho for us for about 25 years Sterlo has not been involved with club for about ten years.

besides, the little episode at the corporate box this year where both egos went hammer and tongs at each other will all but rule Peter coaching us......period.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Sterlo would be a tremendous coach!!!

Im really glad he has said those words as i didn't think he would ever coach!!

He would be the one to lead us to a premiership!!

Nikki

Coach
I am glad some of you are starting to open your eyes up to Brian Smith. He is an evil, evil man. The way he has treated our First Divy boys is just not on. A man in his position should be offering encouragement to his young players, not ruining their self esteem. One player that is leaving this year, didnt even think he was good enough to play football any more thanks to Smithy. Luckily a few words of encouragement from the loyal fans and friends sent him in the right direction and he may now have signed with Melbourne. This man is not the god that he thinks he is and us fans, as paying customers, have to start doing something about it. This is our team, not his. Coaches come and go, but loyal fans will always stay and its time we started tell this club that we do not like the way people are being treated. And its not only the First Divy boys he does it to either. Next time you see Ian Hindmarsh or Scott Donald just ask them what they think of him. And it has nothing to do with the fact that they were shafted so therefore they are bitter. Its something that builds up over the years. I am gunna find it hard to support our lower grades next year. I know that I am probably talking through anger at the moment and once I meet the new guys I will probably settle, but if there is a choice of watching Steve Witt make his debut up in Newy or watching Parra, I know that my little bro will win. My loyalty lies with people over clubs at the moment.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
sighhh... :( nevermind nikks...
you know that wen i take over the club, (and in turn... the world) i'll buy back scotty and ian and everyone... ;-) :lol:

Sterling

Juniors
Nikki said:
I am glad some of you are starting to open your eyes up to Brian Smith. He is an evil, evil man. The way he has treated our First Divy boys is just not on. A man in his position should be offering encouragement to his young players, not ruining their self esteem. One player that is leaving this year, didnt even think he was good enough to play football any more thanks to Smithy. Luckily a few words of encouragement from the loyal fans and friends sent him in the right direction and he may now have signed with Melbourne. This man is not the god that he thinks he is and us fans, as paying customers, have to start doing something about it. This is our team, not his. Coaches come and go, but loyal fans will always stay and its time we started tell this club that we do not like the way people are being treated. And its not only the First Divy boys he does it to either. Next time you see Ian Hindmarsh or Scott Donald just ask them what they think of him. And it has nothing to do with the fact that they were shafted so therefore they are bitter. Its something that builds up over the years. I am gunna find it hard to support our lower grades next year. I know that I am probably talking through anger at the moment and once I meet the new guys I will probably settle, but if there is a choice of watching Steve Witt make his debut up in Newy or watching Parra, I know that my little bro will win. My loyalty lies with people over clubs at the moment.

Well said.