What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stick Cricket

dG

Juniors
I just wanted to inform those who have never been exposed to this brillant game.

If you have played it you know what I am talking about it...it is only like a Flash game, so u dont have to download anything...and the game is addctive as all hell.

Its great fun.

Warning though...dont go to the site if you are struggling for free time or is you are trying to avoid procrastination.

The site is

www.stickcricket.com

Radman

Juniors
Great fun, just got cleaned out for a hatrick though, the third one was a bouncer that I left, it hit the batsman in the head and he collapsed on the wickets. funny as.

fat_mike

Juniors
play the world domination levels. got to level 5 where you have to play england. chasing 490-510 if memory serves me corectly from 20 overs. ridiculously hard

JoeD

First Grade
Its a good game but I'm hopeless, although I have now managed to beat Kenya.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i just cant play spin at all on that game
pace men i smash all over the ground, 26+ an over... spinners and im lucky if i hit more than 10 and dont lose more than 2 wickets an over

JTR

Juniors
With spinners, I try to leave it as late as I dare + a small fraction more
Seems to do the trick most of the time.

tUp

----
i forgot how it works, but theres one type of spinner, i think the one in teh world 11 or whatever. jst always pull against him.

Simo

First Grade
Its great fun but I also struggled with spinners. It is easy to belt the pace but it took me a while to work out that to play spin you have to hit late as Johhny the red said.

However now the friggin medium bowlers give me the sh*ts!!! I guess the timing is somewhere in the middle but I havent found it yet! I get to the final and am right on top until they change the bowling and then im up sh*t creek!!!

NPK

Bench
Have also been addicted, although now have controlled my cravings.

My best in the slog: 1/277 (Queensland)
My best individual score in the slog: 191 not out (Jimmy Maher)

If anyone doesn't know how to play as Aussie state teams or as 80s teams, let me know and I'll tell you.

chub

Juniors
doh! i thought i was over this game... havent played in months but hearing its name has got me interested again!

send us the details pls NPK!

NPK

Bench
To play as a state/county team - start a game, and when the window with the commentator pops up, click on his nose.

To play as a 1987 team, start a game, let a player get out for a duck, click on the yellow duck that appears on the screen.
:D

JoeD

First Grade
NPK you seem a bit of an expert. Does it matter whether you are batting with Mcgrath or Ponting? Is it easier to bat with one or the other?

NPK

Bench
Nah, they're the same as far as I can tell..although I don't think I have ever lost 9 wickets in a game to give McGrath a bat!

Moffo

Referee
i cant hit the spinners, i give up

and the medium place bowlers, well, its v.hard to hit cut shots against them

Any tips?

lolesi

First Grade
Spinners, wait until last moment to hit
Medium pacers wait until ball hits pitch then hit!

Latest posts