What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sticky and Hayne

Where does Sticky start Hayne since he supposedly he is the best 5/8 in the comp?

• Total voters

Craig Johnston

First Grade
i think sticky genuinely believes what he said about hayne at 5/8th and will try it.

for balance i think we look fine;

1. hayne
2. sio
3. hoppa
4. loko
5. blair
6. kelly
7. sandow

Parraren

Bench
Nah Sticky has already put in the call to Mini & Wing...

1. Mini
6. Hayne
7. Sandow/Kelly
9. Wing

DeanPay98

Juniors
If Sandow stays on as halfback then surely the correct combination is 1. Hayne; 6. Kelly; 7. Sandow; 9. Smith/Keating
Mullaney could take a wing spot.
Kelly seems like a long term half and Sandow's form has improved a bit.
The issue is that where the centres and wings are concerned, Sio, Tonga, Blair, Morgan, Hopoate and Mullaney cannot fit into four spots.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Needs more Morgs.

i like his improvement too in the last couple of games, but blair and sio have done more imo so far this season.

who cares really, it's 2014 for crying out loud. it says we've got some good talent being developed for then, we don't need falooo. should be spending his 400k on more forwards or a good utility or 2

Ratchy

Juniors
Wherever Stuart plays Hayne i just hope his gets some consistency out of him. At the moment he he will turn up 1 game rip it to shreads than for the next couple of weeks look half interested and do very little. Oh gets him to the hit line at speed and stop that shit little skip he has been doing.

Grail

Juniors
Wherever Stuart plays Hayne i just hope his gets some consistency out of him. At the moment he he will turn up 1 game rip it to shreads than for the next couple of weeks look half interested and do very little. Oh gets him to the hit line at speed and stop that shit little skip he has been doing.

I don't know. I reckon it must be hard to constantly get up for a game when you carry the entire expectations of the fan base, the playing base, the coaches and the staff in the office. Hayne has more pressure on him to perform than any other player in the comp, and he knows it, he also knows that there is very little support for him within the team. It's either Hayne does it, or nobody will.

At least in all the other teams, they've got more than 1 match winner in the side. We pin all our hopes on him, and I reckon he just doesn't feel like turning up sometimes. It really has to be deflating.

If he were in any other team, he'd be a legitimate superstar without people constantly questioning his attitude or his ability. Imagine how good he'd look running off Cronk and Smith for example, and how shit Slater would be running off our playmakers.

It's things like this that I feel will see Hayne leave if there isn't a marked improvement, regardless of whether Sticky gets the gig.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I agree Grail. I reckon Hayne doesn't feel like turning up at times too. Hopefully he fixes this and realizes his potential.

Wise Old Eel

Juniors
I don't know. I reckon it must be hard to constantly get up for a game when you carry the entire expectations of the fan base, the playing base, the coaches and the staff in the office. Hayne has more pressure on him to perform than any other player in the comp, and he knows it, he also knows that there is very little support for him within the team. It's either Hayne does it, or nobody will.

At least in all the other teams, they've got more than 1 match winner in the side. We pin all our hopes on him, and I reckon he just doesn't feel like turning up sometimes. It really has to be deflating.

If he were in any other team, he'd be a legitimate superstar without people constantly questioning his attitude or his ability. Imagine how good he'd look running off Cronk and Smith for example, and how shit Slater would be running off our playmakers.

It's things like this that I feel will see Hayne leave if there isn't a marked improvement, regardless of whether Sticky gets the gig.

:clap: Well said, mate.

WOE

lingard

Coach

I agree 100%. As much as I`d hate to see him leave, can you imagine what he`d be like playing fullback for the Storm, or the West Tigers, or Manly? That would be a sight to behold.

cv8z

Juniors
Hayne's days at the back numbered if Ricky maintains hardline stance
Michael Chammas July 26, 2012

Fullback or five-eighth? ... Jarryd Hayne's positional play at the back may not be up to scratch, according to some suggestions. Photo: Getty Images

WAS last Saturday night the last Parramatta fans have seen of Jarryd Hayne at fullback?
It was only 14 months ago Ricky Stuart, bound for Parramatta next season, declared Hayne was better suited to five-eighth, leaving him out of the NSW side in favour of Josh Dugan for the series opener last year.
Stuart's since had a number of opportunities to bring Hayne into the Blues side as the No.1 but has gone with veteran Anthony Minichiello and Brett Stewart, reluctant to use the Eels superstar as a fullback in the

Stuart's opinion of Hayne, who yesterday had surgery to repair a medial ligament in his knee, is sure to be the topic of great conjecture in the lead up to his maiden season at the helm of the Eels.
It has cast plenty of uncertainty around Hayne's role in the team, with a return to five-eighth for the enigmatic 24-year-old imminent.
When Stuart revealed his forthright thoughts on Hayne last May, he said: ''I will be honest, I think Josh Dugan plays more a style of a game that I want to coach and personally I think there are some other positions on the footy field that Jarryd Hayne is better at.
''If you watched Jarryd Hayne play last night [against North Queensland] he played more like a second five-eighth or a five-eighth, and I think five-eighth is his best position. That is just me as a coach.''
That Stuart has had a number of opportunities to pick Hayne at fullback for NSW over the past two series but decided to keep him in the back line, suggests he has some concerns over Hayne's ability to handle the role.
There is a suggestion Hayne's positional play at the back isn't up to scratch, but the Eels aren't exactly blessed with a long list of players waiting to make the No.1 jersey their own.
Parramatta have also had plenty of difficulties settling on a five-eighth, with Ben Roberts, Casey McGuire and Luke Kelly sharing the role this season.
Unless Stuart's opinion of Hayne has changed over the past year, Hayne's fullback days appear to be numbered.
''The more Jarryd Hayne has the football in his hands or the more Jarryd Hayne is put in a position to get the football more, the better that football team is and the better Jarryd Hayne is as an individual,'' Stuart said last year.
''I am being as honest as I can be, I am not here to try and gloss over it all or make it warm and fuzzy. That is my opinion.''
But it may not be a certainty for Hayne to assume the No.6 jersey next season.
Quizzed on his belief Hayne wasn't a fullback, Stuart was last year asked if he would reconsider his decision in the future, in which he replied: ''Jarryd Hayne would fit into a team of mine and I would change. I would change for Jarryd.''
Hayne sustained a season-ending knee injury in the win against the Melbourne Storm last Saturday night. He went under the knife yesterday, but will be ready to return for the start of next year.
''Surgery went well,'' Hayne said on Twitter. ''Medial is back intact. Time to rest up and get my knee back to 100%, thanks again #TW for your msg's #Road2Recovery.''

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/le...maintains-hardline-stance-20120725-22r0g.html

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
With Kelly in the squad I wouldn't move hayne to 5/8. Kelly is the perfect partner for sandow / hayne , a steady hand who is able to lead the side around the park

hybrideel

Bench
yeah i think if you moved Hayne to 6 you would need Kelly at 7 and it's not worth paying Sandow the amount we do to play reserves. So for now it's got to be 1. Hayne, 6.Kelly, 7.Sandow

hineyrulz

Post Whore
What a crap article, just regurgitated crap from 12 months ago. No quotes from Sticky or Hayne. The way the team is set up Hayne is our only option for fullback next year.

Gronk

Staff member
Fullback/floating 5/8th is his go. Let's not worry about his switch to 6 until Hoppa arrives.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Fullback/floating 5/8th is his go. Let's not worry about his switch to 6 until Hoppa arrives.

Let's hope the rumors about jennings are not true with hoppa coming and hopefully hayne resigning I doubt we can afford another big name back without affecting the strength of our pack

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
What a crap article, just regurgitated crap from 12 months ago. No quotes from Sticky or Hayne. The way the team is set up Hayne is our only option for fullback next year.

totally agree and we are gonna be reading this crap for at least another 6 months

i agree its apples and oranges no way you can compare picking someone for a one-off rep game in a certain position with playing them there week in week out in a team and for all his talk has sticky EVER played hayne at 5/8 in origin?

he is the number one fullback at the eels by a country mile and thats where he should play