What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
Obviously that was a disappointing day at the office but it was also completely predictable IMO. We don't do well in Melbourne at the best of times and I also expected a dip in performance after 4 on the trot between the two byes.

The first half, we didn't get off the bus, as simple as that. Storm were punching holes everywhere and the team looked flat, lethargic and uninterested. The defence was not desperate enough and through handling errors we never gave ourselves a chance to build pressure.

Having said that, the 2nd half was much much better IMO. There was more staunch in the defence and storm had to work a lot harder for their opportunities. We only conceded the 2 penalty goals in the 2nd half up until the last 5 minutes where they scored that try after Walker tried a kick in his own half. On the other side of the ball, we only scored the one try but made created way more opportunities. We had that one try disallowed, the one where Radley (I think) caught the bomb and offloaded to Keary and if not for a sensational Hughes tackle would have scored, Teddy went within an inch at one stage and then Young was tackled over the in goal. We score any one of those and we give ourselves a chance to win.

We didn't deserve to win though due to that first half and when you give the storm a jump like that it is almost impossible to claw your way back.

3 Teddy
2 Radley
1 Collins

Just got to shake that one off and move on from here. Everything is still in front of us in terms of the top 4 and once we lock that in if we are still a top 2 chance then all the better.

Collectively the players looked like they had no idea what they were doing. Was a very poor performance all round with some very bad decisions, and discipline? Pfah, there was little. I'm still too disappointed as I thought the team would have learnt something after losing when we played them earlier this year, but nope :(

H.H

Juniors
I said after the Cowboys game that we're flat track bullies and I feel like the other night proved it again. I also saw a stat that said that we've only won once this year against current top 8 sides. That's 1 from 8 by my count - terrible.

I just feel like we're a bit soft whenever we're properly challenged and I don't just mean physically (although that first 25 was diabolical), but mentally too in the way we approach it. We just seem to go to water and to me that comes down to the halves.

While we had 4 backing up from Origin and were also missing Jared and Manu, they were without NAS, Welch, Coates and Munster so there are no excuses. We were ambushed and Robbo was outcoached again by Bellamy.

We've got a way to go to match them and Penrith. They're miles ahead at this stage. Anyway:

3 - Rads
2 - Ted
1 - Collins

Rant over lol

Valheru

Coach
I said after the Cowboys game that we're flat track bullies and I feel like the other night proved it again. I also saw a stat that said that we've only won once this year against current top 8 sides. That's 1 from 8 by my count - terrible.

I just feel like we're a bit soft whenever we're properly challenged and I don't just mean physically (although that first 25 was diabolical), but mentally too in the way we approach it. We just seem to go to water and to me that comes down to the halves.

While we had 4 backing up from Origin and were also missing Jared and Manu, they were without NAS, Welch, Coates and Munster so there are no excuses. We were ambushed and Robbo was outcoached again by Bellamy.

We've got a way to go to match them and Penrith. They're miles ahead at this stage. Anyway:

3 - Rads
2 - Ted
1 - Collins

Rant over lol
That stat, whilst true, is somewhat cherry picked because the dragons were in the 8 until the cowboys won and we beat them twice. I would also note that we are the only team to face Broncos at full strength (twice) and we won both times.

Anyways, we have our chance to put that to rest over the next two weeks with back to back games against Manly and the Dolphins.