What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm hounding a disgrace- Phil Gould

Ummm, no he wasn't. No wonder you guys get so upity when you have a player suspended, you don't seem to understand the rules. Once the ball has been grounded, you cannot play at the ball or the man.

No whistle and Quinn would not have known if he had grounded it...you don't seem to understand the rules.;-)

He neither tried to contain or tackle Misi, he just hit him with a dirty scum act and got the reaction it deserved. Only mistake was Misi hit the wanker tohigh. Couple of inches lower and it would have been sweet imo.

Grub act by a grub club. Happy your lot have managed to show you are even more hated than our lot and Manly put together.

Love seeing whats going on with the NRL and Storm. Justice at last.

Just cut and paste your last 1000 posts...why bother typing ??.

j0nesy

Bench
No whistle and Quinn would not have known if he had grounded it...you don't seem to understand the rules.;-)

Is there an echo around here? :)

Look I'm not anti-Storm, if anything I'm probably more anti-Cronulla. I just think you guys are playing the victim in this whole issue a little too much. For mine, and most bipartisan fans, both players were in the wrong (Misi and Quinn).

As for the whole Smith thing - I don't think there can be any arguing that he did the crime. I think it's time that he (Smith), the Melbourne admistration and their fans fessed up to it and got over it. The only argument that I can put forward in his defence is that the judicary has been inconsistent in the application of the rules all season. As a Dragon's fan I can certainly understand your frustration, afterall we were the first club to ever have a player suspended for a grapple tackle - Jason Ryles, and that was in 2006, I believe. How many have been suspended since? Only one that I can recall.

Tommax25

Bench
You play until you hear the whistle. Should they just stop in the middle of the ground and stand there like idiots assuming the ref is going to make a call. What if it never comes?

the ref doesn't blow the whistle the instant a player scores a try, he runs to the point of the try, has a look, checks his linesmen to make sure its ok, then blows. at least 5 seconds elapse between grounding and whistle. I wonder why we dont see players jumping on players who are lying in the ingoal with the ball grounded when the whistle hasn't gone? The whislte hasnt gone, its fair game! Wait, I know, because players are not stupid. once the ball is grounded the play is dead, whether the whistle goes or not. players who put on hits ect after the ball has been grounded are d*ckheads. benefit of the doubt if quinn didnt know, but if he did quinn=grub. misi=grub for throwing a punch, shouldn't take matters into his own hands.

Mark Rudd

Juniors
Gus attempting to be controversial and go against the grain again, ho hum.

When really he's just part of some strange Cam Smith love-in that seems to effect certain ex-players and media type for some reason? Cam Smith must be good company on a night out or something...

Fact: Cam Smith attacked the head of an opponent. Fact: Cam Smith was charged by the match review committee, as many players often are. Fact: Cam Smith was guilty as sin and deserved the suspension.

If you can't do the time, then Smith/Melbourne/Bellamy shouldn't have done the crime. Didn't look like Storm needed Smith too much anyway against the Sharks. Gould is just an apologist.

"Those journalists who quite naively believe they play a part in this drama have again been put in their place." Take a look in the mirror buddy! And pull your journalistic head in, hypocrite.

Geez, right at the start too. You guys have no idea huh? It's not the suspension that Bellamy, Gould and many others are worried about.

For pete's sake you guys are thick. And you guys wonder why guys at BF think your the laughing stock. Post's like this prove it.

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

In fact even Wayne Bennett said on ABC radio today that he agree's with Bellamy.

Ridders

Coach
the ref doesn't blow the whistle the instant a player scores a try, he runs to the point of the try, has a look, checks his linesmen to make sure its ok, then blows. at least 5 seconds elapse between grounding and whistle. I wonder why we dont see players jumping on players who are lying in the ingoal with the ball grounded when the whistle hasn't gone? The whislte hasnt gone, its fair game! Wait, I know, because players are not stupid. once the ball is grounded the play is dead, whether the whistle goes or not. players who put on hits ect after the ball has been grounded are d*ckheads. benefit of the doubt if quinn didnt know, but if he did quinn=grub. misi=grub for throwing a punch, shouldn't take matters into his own hands.

Lol at trying to compare a try scenario to Misi's incident. When a player is scoring a try, they generally aren't trying to get out of the in-goal. As i said before, do you consider it a normal occurence for a player to ground the ball in-goal when their is no defender around him. Plus Misi's back was turned, how the f**k do you expect Quinn in that fraction of a second to establish that Misi has grounded the ball.

cyberdj

Juniors
baah... I love Storm, but Quinn regularly commits grubby acts... Quinn's charge was late, it is possible that he didn't see the grounding, but more likely he just committed a grubby act.
That said, the response from Misi was poor... no wonder a number of players end up in trouble in the real world, when they automatically respond with violence. Aggrevated assualt charges to Danny Williams for his king hit would of stopped alot of what happens to RL players on and off the field.

jc155776

Coach
Hahahahahahahahaha

An article written by a jealous, agenda driven piece of pus man with Ricky issues.

Yet the storm fans, bored now their AFL season is over, quote it for truth and gospel.

f**kwits. The team, their players, and their CEO.

Kick them out.

Geez, right at the start too. You guys have no idea huh? It's not the suspension that Bellamy, Gould and many others are worried about.

For pete's sake you guys are thick. And you guys wonder why guys at BF think your the laughing stock. Post's like this prove it.

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

In fact even Wayne Bennett said on ABC radio today that he agree's with Bellamy.

Well arent you the hero knowall!

Geohood

Bench
Why is everyone complaining about Quinn's shot when Gallen's late hit on Cronk was probably worse and hasn't got a mention?

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
God you just have to love the Storm fans and their ability to turn an argument into a squabble over technical irrelevant matters.

"It can't be a grapple when you tackle the man by his chin."

"The ref hadn't blown the whistle so it's perfectly acceptable to shoulder charge a player who has grounded the ball in-goal and is hunched on his knees clearly not looking to return the football."

"It's only because he plays for Melbourne."

Bless their cotton socks.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Surely you're not serious? So if the referee is a little late to blow his whistle, because of a runaway try for example, then it's a free for all on the try scorer until the referee gets there?

The facts are quite simple
1. Quinn hit Misi late, very late IMO
2. Misi punched Quinn in the face.

Both incidents, in isolation, were worthy of a penalty. And Misi probably deserves to sit out a for a match IMHO.

It's pointless arguing with the Storm fans, they have been following the game for 15 minutes and have no idea about the rules.

Aenemus

Juniors
Why exactly?

Because the way he went in if the Sharks player had not have grounded the ball he could of sidestepped Quinn. Even if Quinn connected with a shoulder he could have still made it out due to Quinn being off balance.

Besides Misi grounded the ball and was still for a good second or two before Quinn hit him.

The punch should not have been thrown, but Quinn's tackle was a deliberate late play.

Last edited:

pnub

Juniors
He neither tried to contain or tackle Misi, he just hit him with a dirty scum act and got the reaction it deserved. Only mistake was Misi hit the wanker tohigh. Couple of inches lower and it would have been sweet imo.

Grub act by a grub club. Happy your lot have managed to show you are even more hated than our lot and Manly put together.

Love seeing whats going on with the NRL and Storm. Justice at last.

Once again I’ll point this out for you because your a bit on the slow side... Quinn was unable to see Misi so he completed the tackle. Misi got up and hit him, its not Quinns fault that Misi punches like a limp wristed girl.

Your Grub c**k grabbing captain Gallen saw Cronk drop the ball clearly in front of him yet he still continued through with the tackle and hit him quite a length of time after he dropped the ball. Now that is a scum act because he was looking right at him as he dropped the ball and had no reason to shoulder charge him. And what did cronk do after that hit him?? No he didn't hit him he got on with the game like a Man... So who supports the grub club? OH right that would be you.

Bezant

Juniors
Why don't you pompous f***wits taking swipes at storm fans for following the game for only '15 minutes' just F***-off.

Firstly not all Storm fans are new fans to the game. I've followed Rugby League since the early 80's when I had the joy of watching very good Parramatta and Canterbury teams going around. Also I've been a Storm fan and member for almost a decade now, which is somewhat longer than '15 minutes'.

Secondly, it's great that several new Rugby League fans have only recently started to follow the game down south because of the performances of the Storm. That's called growth people, which believe it or not is good for the game overall, as it potentially increases revenue, the player base and fan numbers.

So what if some Melbourne fans have only been following the game for '15 minutes'. If that is a problem then you don't know the first thing about value! The value of something is based on what it is worth to you in the future, not what it was worth in the past.

So to all those '15 minute' fans out there welcome to the great game of Rugby League. I'm sure that now that you have grown to love the game you'll be sticking around for years to come.

GO Storm!