What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm the victim of an orchestrated media campaign

Knightmare

Coach
It really is mind-boggling how insular Victorians are. In July I was down, staying with Dani and a mutual friend, we were going through Frankston Mall and I had my Knights scarf wrapped around my neck and this old bloke goes past, pumps his fist and says "Go the Demons!"

:crazy: Honestly. I could tell the difference between a Roosters/ Western Bulldogs or an Eels/ West Coast Eagles scarf anyday!

Tommax25

Bench
We don't need pity. All this is just ammo, and unless you live in Sydney and have been subject to the "journalism" (it's more like a paper blog) of the Terrograph, then you have no idea.
The boys will use it all to fire them up. So keep it coming I say!

I guess you mean terrorgraph? otherwise wtf is terrograph? is it code for whingeing?

Surandy

Bench
Mate, fair dinkum the people who dont give a stuff about Melbourne, LIVE IN MELBOURNE!!!!!

3rd worst crowds in the comp, despite the fact they are into their 3rd straight grand final.

4th worst according to Big League, not far behind the Dragons & the Sharks. 12,474 admittedly not the greatest, but then we do have the smallest capacity ground in the NRL as well as a sub-par home ground. I can't wait til we move into a state of the art, made for RL home ground in 2010.

4.5 million dollar operating loss last year.

Source?

Media boycott of anything to do with them, Newpapers? NO. TV, yes at 1am. Want to know about RL in Melbourne? Forget it.

Regular coverage in the News Ltd owned Herald Sun, one page most days, during the finals that has increased to an average of two or more pages per day. Also, reasonable coverage in The Age (not owned by News Ltd). Journo's are Dave Donaghy in the Herald Sun and Stathi Paxinos in The Age.

TV? Well, blame the NRL's sh*t FTA TV contract negotiations partly for that and Gallop's lack of balls in enforcing said contract. Not sure where you get 1am from, most games started around midnight. The final against the Sharks was shown on 1 hour delay and won it's timeslot.

Bitch about Sydney all you want but the reason for the Storms pathetic support (which is best illustrated by footage just on the footy show showing only a couple of hundred people at their Grand Bloody Final Fan Day), the reason for the Storms pathetic support, all resides in Melbourne.

A couple of hundred? And the rest, I was there and there was easily four or five hundred. During the training session we were spread out over three bays and once the training session finished the queue for signatures stretched at least 100 metres. I never bothered queuing up.

It really is mind-boggling how insular Victorians are. In July I was down, staying with Dani and a mutual friend, we were going through Frankston Mall and I had my Knights scarf wrapped around my neck and this old bloke goes past, pumps his fist and says "Go the Demons!"

:crazy: Honestly. I could tell the difference between a Roosters/ Western Bulldogs or an Eels/ West Coast Eagles scarf anyday!

:lol:...maybe he was talking about the ones in his head ??.

Brutus

Referee
Its a similar tactic used by Sheedy when he was coach of Essendon,leading into finals time he would blame the judiciary and the press for any loss and use the old "us against the world" mentality.

Who?

Surandy

Bench
Regular coverage in the News Ltd owned Herald Sun, one page most days, during the finals that has increased to an average of two or more pages per day. Also, reasonable coverage in The Age (not owned by News Ltd). Journo's are Dave Donaghy in the Herald Sun and Stathi Paxinos in The Age.

Five pages plus the back page of today's Herald Sun! AFL only managed 4 pages (two of those pages included half page ads so AFL really only had 3 pages). :shock:

bennoonthehill

Juniors
How many turned up to Manly "fan day" .

70, 80?

You just made a fool of yourself - i was there and there were at least 500, maybe up to 800-1000 over the whole time, i only stayed long enough to renew my season ticket cos the queues to get stuff signed were MASSIVE. There was coverage the next day on FSN which clealry showed the crowds, so you obviously just grabbed that number out of thin air to try and score cheap points. I've not been around long but its becoming clear very quickly that you have very little worthwhile to say.

Kiki

First Grade
well the boys on fire up summed it up the best....alot of these people 'persecuting' them are owned by news ltd. its all a tactic from bellamy and co to give the storm a siege mentality. as if they need that to win anyway. sigh.