What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm Vs Sea Eagles(Trial Match)

RainMan

Juniors
Dazzat said:
Congratulations Manly in being a party to 'baiting', and disappointing alot of people at the same time. The team on the program - with all the stars - only played on third of the match! Plenty of people travelled many kilometres to see the stars - Lyons, Bell, Orford, Watmouth etc - only to watch the second-string team run around for most of the match.

If that is done in the commercial world, it's called baiting and you can be convicted for the exercise.

e-tissue sent your way.

Dazzat

First Grade
Are Manly serious about treating their fans in regional areas with respect ... if the trial at Kawana is any indication I would say they regard their fans with contempt. At last Melbourne advertised the fact that they were running their second-string side. They were upfront and honest about it and copped a bit of criticism before the game.

What do Manly do? Conceal their intentions from their fans - lie, cheat, rip-off hundreds of people. Nothing much changes at Manly does it? And the response from my first post - not doubt from Manly fans - is typical.

Disco

Bench
Im sick of people whinging about stars not being played in Trials......there trials ffs.

I live in a regional area and If Manly came to my town with the team they named i'd be expecting to see players like Lyon and Stewart to only get a short burst

Trials are trials, people in the bush should be happy to get them, if the continue to complain, Manly could always play there trials at Brookie, so the Regional fans dont have to put up with only seeing the stars for 20-30mins

Lowdown

Juniors
TITAN1 said:
Congratulations manly on your win,hopefully it deflated a few storm egos...;-)

Yep - ego severely dented. Whoops - then remembers Storm second string youngsters take game right to the final minute against a more experienced Sea Eagles squad.

Then wakes up to read the headline is not about the Sea Eagles win...but about young rising star Israel Falou....[Ego re-inflates]

Both sides have something to take away from last nights encounter - no severe injuries from our side either which is a plus.

Titan1 - you're agenda on the Storm is turning into an obsession...

Garts

Bench
Dazzat said:
Are Manly serious about treating their fans in regional areas with respect ... if the trial at Kawana is any indication I would say they regard their fans with contempt. At last Melbourne advertised the fact that they were running their second-string side. They were upfront and honest about it and copped a bit of criticism before the game.

What do Manly do? Conceal their intentions from their fans - lie, cheat, rip-off hundreds of people. Nothing much changes at Manly does it? And the response from my first post - not doubt from Manly fans - is typical.

They named a squad of close to 30 players didnt they? To me that says the "stars" wont be getting a great deal of game time.

Every trial I have been to watch or seen a report on the so called stars have only received limited game time, its pretty naive to think they will get more than a 3rd of game time.

TITAN1

Juniors
Lowdown said:
Yep - ego severely dented. Whoops - then remembers Storm second string youngsters take game right to the final minute against a more experienced Sea Eagles squad.
Hypocrite...you and lotti bag out the titans for daring to field a team of inexperienced youngsters against the storm (then gloat about the win-how big of you!) yet use the same reason for explaining the loss last night...
So,once again,congrats to manly on winning last night!!:D

Ryan

Juniors
TITAN1 said:
Hypocrite...you and lotti bag out the titans for daring to field a team of inexperienced youngsters against the storm (then gloat about the win-how big of you!) yet use the same reason for explaining the loss last night...

Always happy to help out mate - if it means Manly winning.;-)

Guys - c'mon - it's just a game - lets just enjoy it rather than bickering.

lotti

Bench
TITAN1 said:
I don't think I was bagging out the Titans for not fielding a team of youngsters I was bagging out the Titans because it's the Titans and anyway I think it's rather clever not to name a star line-up for a trial because they could suffer a season ending injury but then that could happen in a normal game.

RainMan

Juniors
Dazzat said:

Its a 1st grade trial - players trialling for 1st grade selection. A chance to see how juniors may handle the rise to NRL standard.

Please, vote with your feet and never go to a Manly game again. Get over it DC.

Padds

Juniors
Ryan said:
Lyon may well be a star, but he's facing a paceman in Greg INglis I believe. I still don'y like Lyon @ 5/8 for us.

Too be honest, I'm glad we are playing Brissy and Melbourne in the trials. It should hold us in good stead for the season ahead.

Someone said the score is irrelevant, and that's probably true. Last year we were thumped by THe Roosters at Gosford, and came 5th !!!

Why do you guys insist Lyon will play stand off?? He was outstanding in the centre for St Helens.