What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stranger Things

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeah I agree it lacked the big moments I guess.

Still it was good TV i have a few complaints like episode 7 felt a bit pointless and I think they could have handled that plot better and Mike didnt have a lot to do but sit around being an emo but it was great TV and really fun.

Steve and Dustin need a spin off series where they solve crimes
Episode 7 did seem out of place but I guess that’s a set up for future seasons.

We know there could be at least 9 more people out there with different sorts of powers.

axl rose

Bench
It was entertaining enough but Episode 7 was way out of whack. Felt like I was watching an X-men spin-off.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Thought the first season was quite overhyped but still enjoyed it. Second season was great. Loved it.

Actually fell asleep right at the start of the 7th episode, woke up halfway through and was wondering if my Netflix had changed shows on me.

My only complaint with S2 are the amount of attempted and cringy jump scares they attempted to force into the first half of the season in situations that were mundane and didn't warrant it. It's like they knew the build up was a little slow so needed to force something in there.

Agree Dustin stole the show. I can't remember what the line was, but when he reacted to Mike not being home (right before he ran into Steve) and back chatted to Mike's dad I cracked up.

natheel

Coach
Loved the little references to 80s movies. Episode 5(?) when they get bob to help with the map and he says "what's at the x, some old pirates treasures?" Loved that Aston was referencing his old movie. I geeked out a bit there haha

axl rose

Bench
Loved that Aston was referencing his old movie. I geeked out a bit there haha

sub-buzz-14413-1509384258-2.png

Oh, Bob. So naive and yet so pure. You truly did not deserve the deeply upsetting slaughter you got, hope they played a Kenny Rogers song at your funeral

Last edited:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I really liked the way they set up Bob's death for 10 minutes but didn't really like how it ended with the fake escape "the door will hold them back while I catch my breath and look lovingly at someone while nobody notices the creature seemingly teleporting from nowhere".

It didn't seem like a heroic sacrifice that people are calling it. He had already gone beyond that part. He was passed the finish line and then the Tonya Harding of devildogs magically arrived to kneecap him with a club.

Tacking on a cliche right at the end for the sake of a twist that wasn't really a twist at all took a little from the moment for me.

Game_Breaker

Coach
I really liked the way they set up Bob's death for 10 minutes but didn't really like how it ended with the fake escape "the door will hold them back while I catch my breath and look lovingly at someone while nobody notices the creature seemingly teleporting from nowhere".

It didn't seem like a heroic sacrifice that people are calling it. He had already gone beyond that part. He was passed the finish line and then the Tonya Harding of devildogs magically arrived to kneecap him with a club.

Tacking on a cliche right at the end for the sake of a twist that wasn't really a twist at all took a little from the moment for me.

The shock value of his death was unnecessary. Still the best episode of the season, it was edge of your seat stuff

saint.nick

Coach
Episode 7 was only out of whack because 008 and her band of rejects are annoying and lame as f**k. 008 tries too hard to be edgy. But I did love the scene when they almost killed Harvey Weinstein, I was begging for them not to kill him, his begging got to me, and then when you find out he's a dad, f**k, hit me straight in the feels, I thought Eleven had killed him for a moment.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Cannot believe an LOTR nut like myself never actually realised that Bob Newby is Sean Astin. Jesus f**king Christ.

He’s aged terribly.

Watched the rest of the season last night.. was good but a little like the first season I felt that it was a little rushed.. I wish they spread it over 12 eps just to engage the plot a bit more. Ep 7 was pretty shit, I know she is one of the major characters but I find 11 pretty fkn annoying tbh

saint.nick

Coach
He’s aged terribly.

Watched the rest of the season last night.. was good but a little like the first season I felt that it was a little rushed.. I wish they spread it over 12 eps just to engage the plot a bit more. Ep 7 was pretty shit, I know she is one of the major characters but I find 11 pretty fkn annoying tbh
I find her annoying too, I know the character has been through a lot, but she's just so extra. I also think Mike is an annoying little shit who tries to make everything about himself. I hope I never see Kali again, she does my head in.

Latest posts