What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strike 2 Against Greenburg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Are the only benefits money and sponsorship?
Far more than that. It's all been explained in posts above by a variety of people. If you're too stupid to read it, that's your problem.
Won't happen ;-)
No it won't, and noone at the club from the administrators down to the players and fans wants it to.

This is about exposure, not relocation.

Bulldog Force

Referee
The way I see it, if they had their own team in their own city and couldn't last, what's the point of bringing an even more foreign team to their city to play a game there?

Timmah

Staff member
Stop ignoring the facts presented to you. Do you concede them, or do you disagree? If you disagree, tell us why.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Stop ignoring the facts presented to you. Do you concede them, or do you disagree? If you disagree, tell us why.
I disagree because money should not be a reason why they move a game to a city that has flunked Rugby League for AFL and I do not believe that extra exposure will do any good as the team will not get the revenue through the gates that they'll get at ANZ if they are doing well next season.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I disagree because money should not be a reason why they move a game to a city that has flunked Rugby League for AFL and I do not believe that extra exposure will do any good as the team will not get the revenue through the gates that they'll get at ANZ if they are doing well next season.

With the volume of games that we have at ANZ (Remember we get 2 bonus away-home games), there should be no problem with value for money.

It's not like the Bulldogs are moving to Adelaide, they are just doing there part to help promote the sport, as well as taking the cash, which I am sure the games they move there will be against lesser drawing teams like the Raiders, Nth Queensland, Melbourne and the Sharks, when even in winning form, we would be unlikely to draw more than 12K to the game.

Timmah

Staff member
If you think we're going to draw decent crowds through for games against bottom-feeders you're kidding yourself.

Bulldog Force

Referee
With the volume of games that we have at ANZ (Remember we get 2 bonus away-home games), there should be no problem with value for money.

It's not like the Bulldogs are moving to Adelaide, they are just doing there part to help promote the sport, as well as taking the cash, which I am sure the games they move there will be against lesser drawing teams like the Raiders, Nth Queensland, Melbourne and the Sharks, when even in winning form, we would be unlikely to draw more than 12K to the game.
Those 2 extra games at ANZ are not home games therefore we will not get the revenue from them that we deserve.

Timmah

Staff member
So if we get equal or greater revenue from those Adelaide games provided they go ahead as reported - you have no problem with that?

Dogs Of War

Coach
Those 2 extra games at ANZ are not home games therefore we will not get the revenue from them that we deserve.

So don't go to those 2 games then if you feel that way. Save your cash and fly down to Adelaide and take a quick weekend away in another city. It can be lots of fun.

Latest posts