What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuart / Ben Ross

The Informer

Juniors
I hope there's some focus and scrutiny of Stuart's decision to play Ben Ross yesterday. I still can't believe he played, and was allowed to play, I considered it just a beat up as part of the game build up. Ross took a very heavy knock / head clash last week, at speed, which knocked him out cold, which he then remained for 4 minutes.

There is enough quality medical evidence to support what would have happened to his brain from such a heavy clash, little alone being out for quite some minutes. One of the proven medical findings is that repeated knock outs in short periods of time (days, weeks, etc) softens the resistance of the brain to future knocks (hence being punch drunk, glass jaw, etc), little alone the potential for any minor to major damage. IMO no medical doctor would have cleared Ross to play without having been lent on.

Who knows if Ross was fully with it yesterday, and he'll now have to aim up rightly for his own stupid actions, but he sure as hell shouldn't have been on the field to start with and Stuart should be held accountable for such a bloody selfish decision.

innsaneink

Referee
He apparently passed all guidelines thru the week, and wasnt suffering any symptoms of concussion at any stage.

weststigerman

Juniors
innsaneink said:
He apparently passed all guidelines thru the week, and wasnt suffering any symptoms of concussion at any stage.

I think he was back to the symptoms of concussion after White clocked him.

NPK

Bench
enmore boys high said:
Interesting to see if his defence will have something to do with his concussion the week before?:cool:
He wasn't concussed the week before.
Concussion doesn't always happen when you get knocked out apparently.

Knight76

Juniors
that repeated knock outs in short periods of time (days, weeks, etc) softens the resistance of the brain to future knocks (hence being punch drunk, glass jaw, etc),

I thought that was repeated concussions, not just knock outs!

beave

Coach
F#$king hell, he got stretchered off because of a damaged tooth???

They breed them tough out Cronulla way eh???? hehehehehe :cool:

Wait a minute, he's a QLDer..............................

t-ba

Post Whore
beave said:
F#$king hell, he got stretchered off because of a damaged tooth???

They breed them tough out Cronulla way eh???? hehehehehe :cool:

Wait a minute, he's a QLDer..............................

If he was from the Shire, he would have lost those teeth by the time he was 20, and there'd be no problem.

salivor

First Grade
We really need to catch up with other sports and impose a mandatory rest period for anyone who is knocked out or suffers concussion. League has been letting players role the dice for far too long.

Go Nulla

Bench
t-ba said:
If he was from the Shire, he would have lost those teeth by the time he was 20, and there'd be no problem.

If we was from Newcastle they would have rotted and fallen out by now.

Latest posts