What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Student World Cup kicks off

JasonE

Bench
Just had a score update

game 1 halftime score

NZ 10 v France 4

if anybody hears progress scores, please update.

jim_57

Staff member
Good to see France are very competitive.

This may be a stupid question but since it is a Uni Student WC does that mean anybody who is studying at uni can play? So that means some NRL players would be eligable. Or is it limited to ameteurs or semi-pro?

Also may I ask how you are getting score updates?

RLIF

Juniors
Well done NZ, and well done for France for putting up a good show. Ethier NZ are not that good this year or France have improved since the last World Cup.

the beavers

Juniors
Good to see France are very competitive.

This may be a stupid question but since it is a Uni Student WC does that mean anybody who is studying at uni can play? So that means some NRL players would be eligable. Or is it limited to ameteurs or semi-pro?

Also may I ask how you are getting score updates?

as far as i know it is technically open to any student doing appropriate workload from uni, tafe collage etc
so nrl players eg chris lawrence would be eligible but obviously cant play

Thanks for the updates Jase. France finished third in 2005 and that result shows they will be competitive again this year. In fact they got better as the tournament progressed last time so hopefully they'll do the same this time. Hopefully the Wales result shows that they have improved a lot.

JasonE

Bench
Wales ended up winning 32-12. I haven't heard any other scores from the final two games yet but apparently France matched New Zealand all the way. They only arrived a couple of days ago so they should improve and make the semis.

Petty77

Juniors
Hey All,

First Time Poster, but I thought I would help you all out with the complete Uni WC Scores after Day 1. I am one of two media managers for the event, so I will try and jump on here at the end of each days play with the score results.

Alternatively, you can check out todays summary at the link below -

http://worldcup.aurl.com.au/news/article.php?id=1028

Cheers guys,

Steve

Universities World Cup Scores –Round 1​

Pool A

New Zealand 22 (Royaldo Leoni 2, Henry Heke, Emmanuel Tolga tries; Scott Hurrell 3 goals)
Defeated
France 10 (Cedric Olieu try;Fred Marcerou 3 goals)
At Griffith University, Brisbane

Wales 32 (Christian Roets 2, Grant Epton, Craig Fox, Reece Griffiths tries; Gareth David 6 goals)
Defeated
Ireland 12 (Joseph Flaherty, Ian Condell tries; Shaun Quinn 2 goals)

Standings after round one: Wales 2, New Zealand 2, France 0, Ireland 0

Pool B

Greece 14 (Michael Giorgas 2 tries; York Antoniou 3 goals)
Defeated
Scotland 0

Australia 24 (Josh Whitty 2, Eugene Seddon, Brad Horder tries; Drew Dalton 3, Brad Horder goals)
Defeated
England 0

Standings after round one: Australia 2, Greece 2, Scotland 0, England 0

Last edited:

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Cheers for that. Pity that the weather in Brissie over the last few days hasn't been so great, I hope it clears up for the tournaments sake.

Hey All,

First Time Poster, but I thought I would help you all out with the complete Uni WC Scores after Day 1. I am one of two media managers for the event, so I will try and jump on here at the end of each days play with the score results.

Alternatively, you can check out todays summary at the link below -

http://worldcup.aurl.com.au/news/article.php?id=1028

Cheers guys,

Steve

Universities World Cup Scores –Round 1

Pool A

New Zealand 22 (Royaldo Leoni 2, Henry Heke, Emmanuel Tolga tries; Scott Hurrell 3 goals)
Defeated
France 10 (Cedric Olieu try;Fred Marcerou 3 goals)

Wales 32 (Christian Roets 2, Grant Epton, Craig Fox, Reece Griffiths tries; Gareth David 6 goals)
Defeated
Ireland 12 (Joseph Flaherty, Ian Condell tries; Shaun Quinn 2 goals)

Standings after round one: Wales 2, New Zealand 2, France 0, Ireland 0

Pool B

Greece 14 (Michael Giorgas 2 tries; York Antoniou 3 goals)
Defeated
Scotland 0

Australia 24 (Josh Whitty 2, Eugene Seddon, Brad Horder tries; Drew Dalton 3, Brad Horder goals)
Defeated
England 0

Standings after round one: Australia 2, Greece 2, Scotland 0, England 0

Thanks for the info. Updates after each round would be great.

roughyedspud

Coach
the welsh students have a cracking jersey for sale on ebay a couple of months ago,red,white & green...miles nicer than the proper welsh jersey...

Latest posts