What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sucked in Peni

Borat.

Juniors
Injury strikes down Sailor's heir apparent again

BRAD WALTER

February 21, 2010
Dragons 16 Bulldogs 14
dragons-420x0.jpg
Down ... Bulldogs players pile on to tackle Dragon Matt Prior. Photo: Getty Images

html,body { border: 0px; }
New Dragons recruit Peni Tagive's 2010 premiership campaign may be over before it started, with St George Illawarra officials last night fearing the Fiji speedster had become the first major casualty of the season.
Tagive, one of the Dragons' few off-season signings, lasted just 14 minutes in his bid to show coach Wayne Bennett he was the man to fill the right-wing spot made vacant by the retirement of Wendell Sailor. Tagive injured his knee and had to be assisted from the field in last night's 16-14 trial win against Canterbury.
The 21-year-old will undergo scans this week but his cruciate ligament is thought to be damaged and may require surgery. If so, it would be the second successive season Tagive has had cut short. A shoulder injury in round 12 last year ended his stint with Wests Tigers.
''It's unfortunate for him so I hope it's not too serious,'' Sailor said. ''He's the fastest guy in the club - he's faster than Matt Cooper.''
Cooper, who suffered a minor hamstring strain in last weekend's All Stars match, was rested from the match and suspended centre partner Beau Scott also did not play.
But the Dragons were otherwise at full strength. The club's other off-season recruits, fullback Bronx Goodwin (Cronulla) and props Michael Greenfield (Souths) and Junior Paulo (Parramatta), all played in the second half.
The Bulldogs also had all their big names but it wasn't until the half-time injection of boom centre Jamal Idris that the game came to life. The scoreless first half may have had some wondering if it was too early in the season to write off these two teams as premiership contenders.
''They were two of the best defensive sides last year and they have both been outstanding in defence,'' Sailor told the crowd at half-time in his new role as big-screen commentator. ''I wouldn't mind a bit more attack but it's all about timing this early in the season.''
Idris, who missed the Indigenous All Stars' 16-12 win after withdrawing on the day of the match with a hamstring complaint, scored two tries in a performance that should already have NSW Origin selectors considering blooding him in this year's series.
The giant centre's first touch of the ball resulted in the opening try of the match when he charged over in the 45th minute. Winger Heka Nanai followed five minutes later to send the large contingent of Bulldogs fans into raptures.
The home side hit back through a 70 metre try by winger Michael Lett in the 57th minute but when Idris crossed again, the Bulldogs looked set for a win. Then Goodwin snatched a win for his new club with the sideline conversion of Joe Vickery's 80th minute try after prop Jon Green put the Dragons within reach, planting the ball in the 67th minute.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ailors-heir-apparent-again-20100220-omva.html

The Gambler

Juniors
Bit rough. Completely entitled to go to a new club - obviously figured he had a better opportunity to play regular first grade at the Dragons and to be honest he was probably right.

Borat.

Juniors
We stuck by him through season after season of injury, he says we were really supprotive then goes signs with another club...

I don't buy he thought he'd have a better chance a the dragons- Sheens had a massive wrap on him, says he was the clubs fastest, could run down lawrence....and he was starting games when injured...

Borat.

Juniors
Peni's own word...

Injury has restricted Tagive to just eight NRL games but the Fijian flyer has shown enough to suggest he is a player of the future. "Tim Sheens has been great to me,'' Tagive said. "I know I have been injured a bit and I haven't been able to give them a lot of time on the field. I just need to move on and take a step forward.

Martinplace

Juniors
Peni's own word...

Injury has restricted Tagive to just eight NRL games but the Fijian flyer has shown enough to suggest he is a player of the future. "Tim Sheens has been great to me,'' Tagive said. "I know I have been injured a bit and I haven't been able to give them a lot of time on the field. I just need to move on and take a step forward.

Perhaps he was feeling guilty for not giving value for the money they paid him & a move may have changed his luck? Maybe they offered sh*t loads more money?

westie

Bench
Bit rough, if we wanted him, he'd have stayed.

Peni's problem has always been that he was too fit to support his own body. He had muscles on top of muscles but nothing holding them up. No coincidence that he keeps breaking down - imo.

DaSuperHero2

"Moderator"
I rarely come on this part of this board , but ill make one post since your thread brought me here , you sir a tosser , top class mate bagging out a injured player......

blackandwhite

Juniors
In today's world players change clubs/employers more and more as does the regular workforce.

That's bad luck for the kid...maybe Westie is right..again!! He just doesn't have the support for all that bulk.

Borat.

Juniors
What a hero....I bet you wouldnt say that to him face to face.

Loser.

I'd take him on crutches.....

In today's world players change clubs/employers more and more as does the regular workforce.

That's bad luck for the kid...maybe Westie is right..again!! He just doesn't have the support for all that bulk.

If someone offers Robbie an extra 100k take it no problem, thanks for everything, its a business see you later ...... but after we support Peni for years & he aknowledes he owes us, its a little ordinary to take off

Last edited:

Borat.

Juniors
We took him as a school kid and stuck through him after years of injury....then he just says you have been really good- I acknowledge I owe you but kiss my arse I'm out of here.......

If he wasn't offered a contract or left after a few good years fair enough but that is not the case , ........ after the club supports you for a number of years you pick up your $$ then go to another club do you expect people wish him all the best....

TiggaPlease

Mate, It's professional sport. Players move clubs, deal with it.

You shouldn't be bagging out people for getting injured.

You're a f**king wanker, take your bullsh*t somewhere else.

TimmyB

Juniors
Schadenfreude...not good. He's a young bloke who's done an injury which could cause irreparable damage to his career. Pretty ordinary thread.

Magpies_74

Juniors
Mate, It's professional sport. Players move clubs, deal with it.

You shouldn't be bagging out people for getting injured.

You're a f**king wanker, take your bullsh*t somewhere else.

What he said......FMD....what a wanker....if Cayless does his shoulder or knee in the trial to day...what are you gunna say the Borat.sucked in..ya mong...

watatank

Coach
This happens in sport all the time...good of example of this is when the Tigers bought an injury plagued player from the Broncos...who lead the side to a premiership victory.

innsaneink

Referee
Hahahaha, so says the master of the keyboard hero pot-shot!

Pot, kettle, black??

:lol::lol:

OK dickhead...back this sh*t up where Ive laughed in a similar fashion at a player suffering a season ending injury....and you can sing pot kettle black all you f**king like

Comprehension and relativity not a high point of yours is it ?

Latest posts