What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestions Thread for Next Year's Version

ghoti

Bench
G’day. T’was bored, so I decided to write down a ‘few’ suggestions/ideas for the next version of the game. Add some suggestions under this if you got any…and feel free to flame and/or praise me :p

- Fullback stays behind the line. The last few videos I’ve watched, the fullback is nowhere to be seen when a kick is put down-field. The same goes with wingers.

- In defence, a button where you can switch straight to the fullback. This will enable you to select a defender to shut down a line-break using cover defence rather than chasing him down.

- The ability to jump for the high ball. A button such as ‘O’ on the PS2 control for example could be used to leap for the ball. This would look and feel awesome as you and your mate leap into the air in an attempt to take the ball.

- Online Play. Would be brilliant. Adding in a tournament option where you can play round-robin style tournaments. If one player switches off his PS2, the CPU can take control. Using this forum, we could organise a fully-fledged season mode using solely created teams and players.

- Franchise mode. I think everybody knows basically what franchise mode is. To complement online play, you could build up your created team and play online opponents using your team.

- Create your own jersey. To be able to choose items such as V’s, hoops (Manly home style), Zig-zag lines and a draw tool you could create your own jersey on console versions of the game. You could select any colour and a bunch of shapes to create your desired jersey. Another cool idea would to get permission off a bunch of companies and put their logo’s in the game for use on jersey’s so you can make the company in question your major jersey sponsor.

- Be able to customise controls completely. This way, people can adapt to the controls much easier by using control set-ups most similar to their favourite sports games, e.g, Madden.

- Be able to choose between holding the pass button to cut out players or double tap. I would prefer the double tap.

- Improvement on positional play, so the halfback and five-eight are closest to the ruck with the centres and wingers staying where they should be. The fullback with a roving role and the forwards in near the ruck. Being able to choose positional play for your team would be awesome. For example, you could play Shaun Timmins as another centre, Nathan Blacklock as a roving winger, etc.

- Full control over your team. Eg, Franze + Rieck combination on one wing with Vagana + Merrit on the other, even though the number don’t necessarily co-incide – Franze: 4 Rieck: 2 for example. Choose your defensive pattern such as up-and-in defence. Create your own set plays by running them through yourself slowly, then you can practice them at training to get it spot on.

- A tutorial mode. Use one of the commentator’s to run you through the game’s basics such as passing and tackling, then more difficult moves.

- More realistic player likenesses like the earlier screenshots of Wairangi Koopu and Nigel Vagana rather than the later ones, which look weird.

- Two or three commentators. Andrew Voss, for example, as main commentator and Phil Gould or Peter Sterling as someone who interjects with comments and goes through the replay.

- Maybe this is a bit too much for the next version, the one after maybe, but specific running, passing and stepping styles for certain players. For example, Brett Kimmorley has an odd, impish style of running, David Peachey has a large striding style and Chris Beattie has a “big man” running style, lets not talk about Don Tweddle :p. For passing styles, Matt Orford, for example, leans backwards before he fires a pass off. For side-stepping, Benjii Marshall has a…ahem…unique way of stepping, and some players have shorter sidesteps than others. Obviously, not EVERY player should get his own running/passing/whatever style in the game, but there should be some to select from, much like the Smackdown games have walking styles for wrestler’s in the CAW section.

- Players jersey’s billow in the wind, slide up the player’s back sometimes when tackled, etc. Effects like this are in games like Prince of Persia, it would be awesome in a sports game.

- Grass causes stains on players bodies, this would be even more evident in wet weather.

- A profile system where you can sign in as a certain player, a lot like Timesplitters 2. Your profile could keep stats such as amount of hours/games played, wins, losses, tackles made, penalties conceded, send-offs, etc.

- Players have special accessories. For example, David Peachey, Ruben Wiki and Adrian Morley wear arm padding, Clinton Schifcofski wears a torpedo on one leg, Michael Crocker has a tattoo on his lower back, David Vaeleki wears his socks down (I hate that :-@)

- In create a player, the ability to select from: eyebrows, eyes, nose, mouth, facial hair and hair colour, hair style and hair colour, accessories (such as arm band, head gear, torpedoes, tattoos, peculiar love interest with coach…

- Blood :-D ! ! !

- Cut-scenes that are done NBA Live style, with shots of coaches, mascots, cheerleaders, etc.

That’s about all I could think of, but I think they will all add to the game immensely. I'm sort of hoping most of the stuff will be included...and if online play doesn't make it, it won't bother me at all, as long as most of the other touches are included. Hopefully someone can make this sticky so SIDHE can refer to this after their well-deserved break for ideas ;-)

Max

CliffyGC

Juniors
Thats a huge wishlist but its good. If we all added stuff i guess it show Mario and Sidhe boys what we would like for the Second Smash Hit
League Game

umosay

Juniors
a jump button for sure, thats what made JLR the game it is...
kicking loose ball on the ground...
changeable weather through the game... (eg JLR :D)
legend teams etc

Blunty

Juniors
no offense but with all of that it isn't a computer game it is the real NRL. Mate it is a fair bit over the top to ask that much, just be happy that there is a game(an awsome one at that) of NRL about to happen.

Blunty

Juniors
Fighting as well, similar to NHL! But better when the whole team gets involved. Have guys like Solomon Haumono with awsome fighting ability, and being able to knock the block off someone like Kimmorley, that would be amazing.

Blunty

Juniors
Yea, i just can't wait for this game and I won't be thinking of a new one for a long time.

ghoti

Bench
The list is all stuff that we know isn't in the game...so it would be indifferent to wait until we've played the game.

Blunty, have you played PES or Madden? Most of the stuff on the list is in those games. If SIDHE added a lot of these things, it would lift it up to the standard Madden and PES have been at for so many years.

I never said i'm not happy with the current game, mate, i'm gonna be f**kin ecstatic, the list is just ideas for the next version.

[furrycat]

Coach
Blunty said:
Fighting as well, similar to NHL! But better when the whole team gets involved. Have guys like Solomon Haumono with awsome fighting ability, and being able to knock the block off someone like Kimmorley, that would be amazing.

They would never add that, because the NRL would not want them promoting fighting in their game. NHL does because it is mostly just fighting.

Jono Russell

Bench
id liek to see clasic matches as an unlockable thing like JLR, (eg:bulldogs vs knights 2002 30 seconds left your goal is to kick the goal with elmagic to win by 1 points) or (sharks vs warriors semi final 2002 10 - 10 with 10 minutes left you have to be the sharks and try and turn the result around and win the match)

Forum Idiot

Bench
i wouldnt mind seeing an expansion mode. sort of like maddens owner mode this year. you can move teams to different cities or create a new team. this would be nice for us coastie boys!

when you create a new team you should be able to choose any teams shorts, any teams socks, any teams jersey and edit the colours to your discretion. this way you dont just have one teams uniform but with different colours. you could have manly's shorts, brisbanes jersey, melbournes socks etc and you should be allowed to edit all of the colours.

subsbligh35

Juniors
i reckon you should wait till it comes out.

On the fighting note, I understand the NRL would be against any such actions happening in the game etc. But perhaps a cut scene of some pushing and shoving or just plain aggrevation between a number of players would be pretty cool.

However i think that a fight feature would ultimately detract from the game itself and could be a useful way of disarming aggressive/talented players or AI.

-A "franchise mode" is a must. But over say 10 years of seasons with the ability for players to increase in monetary value/skill.

-(correct me if i am wrong) State of Origin mid season with rep squad picked by the player, with proper origin selection rules.

-Player and pitch weather effects/deterioration

-Goal Kicking competitions/practice and other "novelty" modes could work

-trash talking (audible or not, preferably audible) between players

Im yet to play the game but i can't wait. I'll be extremely pedantic about things but this is what makes a great game legendary.

Erhan

Juniors
With the SOO being mid season, perhaps the computer could pick the team based on how good your team is going. For example, you have 4 Queeslanders and they've got excellent stats so the computer picks all four and they won't be available for selection in the next game you play. You can also choose to play SOO or simulate it if you just want to concentrate on the premiership. This would make it harder for the user if they are going well just like in real life and would be really easy to implement aswell.

Also, they could implement a little bit of Management aswell. For example, if your team is doing well you can change the stats of some players to improve your team. I know at the moment you can do that at will anyway but a system like this would make you work to build a better team (similar to real life and again very easy to implement).

ripper

Heres what they should do.

Mario should goto EA Sports with heaps of stats and figures (like the preorder records) and get down on his hands and knees to beg EA to be the publisher for the next game with SIDHE the developer.

That way SIDHE can tap into the bottemless pit thats knowen as EA's Money Stash to make the kick ass League game of the century.

-JJ-

Juniors
ripper73 said:
That way SIDHE can tap into the bottemless pit thats knowen as EA's Money Stash to make the kick ass League game of the century.

Remember Rugby 2004? Developed by HB Studios, published by EA Sports.

HB definitely do not have a bottemless pit of money. They are an external developer, the same would go for Sidhe. Games such as Madden, Fifa and NBA Live would all be internal, and therefore recieve a hell of a lot more money than HB does.

I would like to see a Franchise mode like there is in madeen.

But I would like a few things added.

For instance after every round there would be a "Paper" section you could go to with scored from all the games and maybe a few headline of top performances.

In real life the print media is a big part of the buildup to a match. A "Paper" section would add a bit more realism to a Franchise mode.

Just give it a better name then "Paper"! :lol:

Also just a different idea. How about expanding the League game to allow for eye toy support. You could make some different training drill's using the eye toy system that would allow you to boost your teams performance. Kind of like pre-season training.