What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sullivan gone.. Confirmed..

Craigshark

First Grade
Not sure if this has been posted anywhere else..

Warrington Wolves can confirm that they have signed Cronulla Sharks hooker Michael Sullivan, 25, on a two-year deal with a one-year option for the Super League XI campaign.

Sullivan is a talented halfback switched his game to hooker to enable him to play first grade in the NRL on his arrival at Cronulla having signed from Northern Eagles at the end of the 2000 season, because he knew that he would never have an opportunity to play halfback in first grade with Brett Kimmorley in front of him.

Sullivan made a name for himself in 2003 and 2004 playing under Stuart Raper and has proved to be a regular in the Sharks side making 14 appearances this season to date scoring two tries. He has a career total of 56 appearances (55 of those with Cronulla) scoring 12 tries. Sullivan started his junior career at Wingham Tigers, NSW before signing for the Northern Eagles in 2000 and making his debut in Round 26 of that year against the New Zealand Warriors.

Sullivan has been described as an excellent impact hooker and has become the Sharks game breaker with his incisive runs and quick thinking providing spark when required.

Head Coach Paul Cullen commented,

"Michael’s talent, pace and ambition were the key elements in our recruitment process. At only 25 his availability, couple with his versatility are significant bonuses.”

I heard earlier today that this had been confirmed. Thought someone had already posted it, so thanks Craigshark.

Another key player gone for 2006. Disappointing but I don't blame him. He is far too good a player to be stuck on the bench. At 25, he deserves a starting spot somewhere and I'm just glad that it's not with another NRL club. I'm sure that he'll go well over there against the big, slow Pommies.

Good lucky Sully and all the best at Warrington.

wittyfan

Referee
It was the end of 2001 when he left Northern Eagles.

He signed with Norths in 1999, before making the Eagles Top 25 squad in 2001. Not in 2000.

His only ambition in going over there is to pay off debts.

Who wrote this article?????

Sam

Juniors
:cry: I'm very upset at the moment. I knew it would happen but just had to wait till I read the words for myself. The Robos had better make another trek to the Shire to say goodbye.

Special K

Coach
It will be sad to see Peach, Stevo and Sully all leaving us at once.

Shame about Sully. I have my doubts over him staying there after the 2 years. This could be good in that over there he may learn how to pass both ways and work on his D and come back to us. I think timing is terrible for him to do this. He should have gone at the end of his current deal - this way he'll never know if he was more then a impact player in the NRL.

You would think he wouldn't come back and play against us. Hell in 2 years Noddy's contract is up - whats the bet Sully will be our "master buy" to replace one of the greatest players to ever play for us? Then it can be just like old times with Sully going 100 miles a hour in every direction - wooo

Snoop Shark

First Grade
More players leaving then coming if u ask me. Not a good sign at all.
Wish the club's board could get out this quick...

Frenzy.

Immortal
Special K said:
It will be sad to see Peach, Stevo and Sully all leaving us at once.

Shame about Sully. I have my doubts over him staying there after the 2 years. This could be good in that over there he may learn how to pass both ways and work on his D and come back to us. I think timing is terrible for him to do this. He should have gone at the end of his current deal - this way he'll never know if he was more then a impact player in the NRL.

You would think he wouldn't come back and play against us. Hell in 2 years Noddy's contract is up - whats the bet Sully will be our "master buy" to replace one of the greatest players to ever play for us? Then it can be just like old times with Sully going 100 miles a hour in every direction - wooo

Bugger that. In 2 years Tim Smith will be off contract. I'd be throwing BKs money at him. He's worth it.

ethos

Live Update Team
Shame to see him go. A loss not just for the Sharks but for the NRL in general, he's one exciting player.

gawd it's all over ! what kin dof team will we have next year ? sure hope our flegg boys are red hot !

anyway good luck sully. stay away from the gee-gees you mug !!! you will be earning you more than ever before so don't be a dope. i'm in the UK about 4 times a year so hopefully i get the chance to see peach and sully in action over the next few years

spirit of league said:
gawd it's all over ! what kin dof team will we have next year ? sure hope our flegg boys are red hot !

anyway good luck sully. stay away from the gee-gees you mug !!! you will be earning you more than ever before so don't be a dope. i'm in the UK about 4 times a year so hopefully i get the chance to see peach and sully in action over the next few years

Unfortunately Haydock Park racecourse is about 5 miles away and Aintree is about 18 miles away.

Tempo

Juniors
I don't suppose you lot would mind sending Nuttley back home to Warrington?
Peachy will probably stay with you guys WHEN Widnes drop out of the Superleague!

Just a quick question, what is Sully's main attributes when playing half back, is he a player who runs and takes on the line or is he more a ball handler who puts players through gaps or runs on the shoulder of the forwards waiting for the offload.

I know he has predominantly played hooker, but any info would be good.

Cheers.