What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sullivan gone from Wire?

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
Rumours being put about on local radio that a 'Big name player' today left Warrington Wolves.

Common sense would obviously point to Michael Sullivan who, to be frank, hasn't proven himself to be at the required standard for Super League.

Other rumours include Paul Rahiuhi retiring and Brent Grose accepting a contract from Penrith and being released.

Interesting to see who it is, these things tend to be true as league over here is very accessible to fans and local radio, no premaddonas here.

bartman

Immortal
Wow. Sullivan would make sense, as he didn't make the cut for starting 17 last week, despite (or prehaps because of) having a lot of game time when Bridge went off injured against St Helens.

But Rahuhihi has been less of an impact within the squad through injury. Brent Grose would be a bit of a loss for them, as he's a regular part of their side and they look to his contribution during their games.

Watch this space, eh?

All this bagging of Sullivan is so ridiculous.....I hope for his sake its him leaving that club.

However on another board they have said Grose is going to Penrith with one idiot saying "He'll take Wessers place".

Personally, I dont know why Penrith would want him. We have a long term fullback, we are well served for wingers....maybe he just wants out of there really badly and Penrith can afford to slot him in under the cap.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Grose plays centre, it was his usual position before he moved to fullback. You can't say Penrith are well served for centres can you? He'd be a classy signing if it was true.

MrCharisma

Bench
Definately a wicked signing if the Panthers got to him. I'd think the Rauhihi theory could be more believeable however

Sam

Juniors
Any further up date on whether it was Sully or not? His form doesn't seem to have improved since going to England if anything it may be a little worse. Has he been getting much game time?

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
He had a good game against Catalans from the bench, some fans say it's just taken him time to get used to life over there. Plus Wire's no-hoper coach loved to make a scapegoat of Sullivan even though he sat on the bench for 75 minutes, and they had worse players than him.

There's a rumour that Castleford are trying to buy his contract but I'm not sure if it's true. Their overseas quota is full and the three quota players are all good ones. If it is true, they'd probably release Roarty.

Gaz_E

Juniors
Sullivan was our best player against Les Cats on saturday, livened us up no end round the ruck and if it wasn't for a dubious decision by the ref would have created the game winning score. I think the jury is still out on whether he's a hooker or half-back. His defence looks a little better and he's stopped trying to over-play it, just needs to up his communication a bit.

I want him to do well for us, and too many other players at Warrington aren't performing at the minute for Sully to be taking a lot of the flak

Sam

Juniors
wittyfan said:
All my boys seem to be having form issues at the moment. :cry:

Come home Sully.

So true, theres plenty of us here who would like to see im back. Oh well 2 that I know of.

The Sharks games aren't the same without him. The trips to the shire are not as exciting.

bartman

Immortal
Gaz_E said:
Sullivan was our best player against Les Cats on saturday, livened us up no end round the ruck and if it wasn't for a dubious decision by the ref would have created the game winning score. I think the jury is still out on whether he's a hooker or half-back. His defence looks a little better and he's stopped trying to over-play it, just needs to up his communication a bit.

I want him to do well for us, and too many other players at Warrington aren't performing at the minute for Sully to be taking a lot of the flak
Good to hear he's showing signs of playing himself into form... There was significant change at Wire at the back-end of the season, and after the Johns experiment, probably a lot of expectation/pressure there as well.

Just to let you know the fuller outcome of this. The rumour was given out by a so called journalist called Dave 'Nosey' Parker, you think Rebecca Wilson makes crap up, she hasn't got a thing on Parker.

Basically, Castleford came knocking on the door about Sully probably due to getting little game time, this was down to the young guy who replaced him, Chris Bridge playing really well, but our coach Paul Cullen told them where to get off.

Sully is going nowhere! He is an exciting little bugger to watch and will probably start at half for us this weekend against Wakefield.

Gaz_E

Juniors
Sully had a corker playing out of dummy half when he came on, upped our tempo and had a hand in three of our four tries (two assists) through attacking the line out of dummy half. His defence has improved alot with a couple of quality hits too

I had a quick chat with him last night in Warrington, he said it's getting there slowly for him (and the team come to think of it), but he's getting his confidence back now in his game.

Sam

Juniors
Good to see him finding form. The was the Sahrks are playing we may need him back soon.

Latest posts