What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SUMMER LEAGUE FOR SA

dimitri

First Grade
South Australia Summer Rugby League Tag
Monday, 29th September 2003
The South Australian Rugby League are holding a Rugby League Tag Competition at Club grounds between October 17 and December 12, 2003.

Teams consist of up to 12 players with 8 players on the field at any one time. The rules of the game are the same as for Rugby League without tackles, scrums and high trajectory kicks. Conversions are also not part of Rugby League Tag.

Teams can be mixed and there will be two school age groups. Group 1 being players up to U13 and Group 2 being players between 13 and U16. Players can if they wish play up age groups.

For further information on times, costs etc please contact the club representatives listed below;

Centrals JRLC
Gerard Rafferty 0421 351 820
Central Districts Junior Rugby League Club
Uley Road Reserve
Uley Road, Elizabeth

South Adelaide RLC
Ken Waller 0403 785 437
South Adelaide Rugby League Club
Hackham Sports and Social Club
Doctors Road, Hackham

Tigers RLC
John Elliott 8278 1269
Tigers Rugby League Club
Cnr Quick Road and Bradley Grove,Mitchell Park

Golden Grove JRLC
Jane Gosche 0401 383 883
Golden Grove Junior Rugby League Club
Ladywood Reserve, Ladywood Road
Modbury Heights

Cougars RLC
Rick Reed 0401 778 319
Cougars Rugby League Club
Langham Place, Port Adelaide

Victor Trumper

Juniors
Rugby League really needs to grab oz tag for itself. It is a great way to introduce people to the game, especially women and kids. T

he last thing we need is for a game that is virtually Rugby League without the tackles or goal post going the way of touch footbal and virtually removing itself from Rugby League altogether despite its obvious origins, or, I think it is in Ireland, they play tag but call it Tag Rugby Union.

Good work to the SA people.

dimitri

First Grade
yeah

i think thats why they try and promote it as RUGBY LEAGUE TAG

any attempts by yawnion to claim it as theirs is laughable

the game is deadset rugby league just with less contact, no scrums, and modified kicks

played OzTag here (SA) last summer. Was pretty good. A lot of teams in the comp I was playing in, and there was about 6 comps city wide as far as I know.

Played mens and mixed, which was good for the odd sly grope of female ass on the way past, we won the mixed cause we had 3 girls who were guns!

Sadly, the SARL is shite and is in need of some drastic action to make it anywhere near as strong as it nees to be. A one time 8 team comp is now 4. Of that 4, one team contributes 14 of the states first 17 players.

In 1995, David Waite was coaching director here. The seniors was strong, the state side was solid and beat Victoria in Melbourne as a curtain raiser to SOO game.

8 years later, and it has been coming for a while, the comp is shocking

Lantana

Juniors
Couldabeenanything
Any chance of you putting your hand to to assist? You seem passionate enough and have the knowledge.
Why don't you get in touch with the NRL and ARL Foundation and work with them on this?
John_Travolta is down in Tassie and he is moving forward by getting in contact with the asministration and putting a team together.
The people in the emerging states can often be the ones to get the ball rolling.
If you decide to go down that path, keep us informed and if you require any assistance let us know.

Yeah, has been considered, believe me. I have only been back in Adelaide for a year or so, I was in the Army in Townsville for a while and have been away for ages... I had a run at a union club near where I was living this year as union in SA is a lot better run than league, but to be honest, it isn't the same. Even though I grew up playing both, league is a shitload better game in my eyes.

I was speaking to some guys mid year that still play here and were Rams juniors. Things for next season are looking like I will go back to a league club, work time willing. I would like to coach and try and get something happening at junior level for sure

In-goal

Bench
The RFU introduced tag into Union schools in England, the thing is instead of a play the ball they just turn and pass it.

Lantana

Juniors
CouldaBeenAnything said:
Yeah, has been considered, believe me. I have only been back in Adelaide for a year or so, I was in the Army in Townsville for a while and have been away for ages... I had a run at a union club near where I was living this year as union in SA is a lot better run than league, but to be honest, it isn't the same. Even though I grew up playing both, league is a shitload better game in my eyes.

I was speaking to some guys mid year that still play here and were Rams juniors. Things for next season are looking like I will go back to a league club, work time willing. I would like to coach and try and get something happening at junior level for sure

Did you serve with Adam Burke in Towwnsville?

Latest posts