What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suncorp magic not the answer

mark123

Juniors
Why are the nrl even looking into this rubbish thing?

8 games in brisbane? over 3 or 4 days? It will never work.

So if roosters and penrith in sydney can get only 9k, those 9k are going to travel up to brisbane? The game is pretty poorly attended in sydney....why do they think they would get high 40k crowds in brisbane?

I can't see many supporters traveling up to watch their team.

Wasnt this idea suggested by some manly guy? A terrible idea anyway.

If they want to raise money why don't the nrl sell state of origin separately; the games rate almost 4 million each, and the nrl lump them in with everything else....and tests, sell them separately.

who the F is letting this stuff happen? I know they sell it to their buddy who owns the other half of the company and half of another, and 25% of the next, and they kind of shunt it around, but for years before all this, origin was never sold alone....

they need to do it. origin is the biggest event in australia, arguably bigger than gf's.

and there is another thing....maybe they should sell the finals separately too?

If they would let it happen. The whole news/buddy-system has to stop.

All it is to us is a weekend away or for those living in brissy already, a rl grab at suncorp.

Its such a pathetic attempt at starting something, and it sounds as bad as a double header, which to me was always about double the games but keep same value perception....in that, twice as much doesn't mean twice as good.

This will flop. Spend effort elsewhere.

hellteam

First Grade
mark123, I think you have named this thread wrong. it should read.

MARK123 is not the answer.

Maybe I should write in one line paragraphs for you to understand

your ideas

have been said

a million times

and repeating them is going to achieve nothing.

none of us here is in control of the NRL

so there is no point in you repeatedly telling us them.

if you think you have all the answers

then go tell someone that gives a sh*t.

like your dog maybe

Angry_eel

First Grade
mark123, I think you have named this thread wrong. it should read.

MARK123 is not the answer.

Maybe I should write in one line paragraphs for you to understand

your ideas

have been said

a million times

and repeating them is going to achieve nothing.

none of us here is in control of the NRL

so there is no point in you repeatedly telling us them.

if you think you have all the answers

then go tell someone that gives a sh*t.

like your dog maybe
:lol::lol:

Im glad someone said it the way he understands it.

Charlie124

First Grade
Mark123,

you bring shame to those of us with a first name, and then three numbers after that name.

please

stop

posting

anything

about

anything.

yours sincerely,

Charlie124

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
The full round of football at Suncorp is about securing the corporate dollar just as much as getting fans in the stadium. A full festival weekend of football could attract large sponsorship, and as Suncorp is such a great stadium with great corporate facilities many large businesses would most likely get on board.

As for the crowd, if they promote double headers and schedule them well then I don’t see why the supporters won’t get out there. I know that Manly has a great supporter base in south-east QLD (watch the Broncos and Manly games at Suncorp to see, or speak to the Manly fan who organizes events for Manly fans in south-east QLD) and I’m sure most other Sydney clubs also have large followings. Also if Broncos fans go out to see their team play during a double header then I’m sure they’ll appreciate watching a second game even if it is not their team.

alexc

It would work for sure if you schedueled the 3 qld teams on seperate nights and maybe melbourne + parra on the other night. Parra seems to be the ones with the support up here whenever I have attended. Not 100% though.

Also there is already a zillion "how to save the NRL from the internet forum" threads. How about not creating another one. Getting really old.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
i thought it would be a great idea if they really pumped it up and got heaps of sponsors on board, they could have some sort of entertainment between games.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Admin, can we give this bloke his own forum, so those of us that are not interested can avoid wading through all his sh*t ?

I just don't see how 75-100k is that big of a deal, and worth restructuring the season for. At 12 home games a season, that would only mean 1.2mil total. Considering a footy club costs about 12 million to run per annum, I don't think 75k is gonna save anyone's arses.

Latest posts