What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunday footy show

Mark B

Juniors
Not to mention the televising a the AWFUL comp. a real ratings winner that one, a total of ten goals kicked in the entire game and the players look like they spent the previous day upgrading their tattoo collections.

SEAT 1A

Bench
For someone who hasn't got Fox league due to pay for view as I can't watch all the games.

For a free to air channel which openly say it's the home of league not to show the footy show is unbelievable.

I will sign up for Fox and forget channel nine and be happy to pay for limited viewing as their shows will actually be aired.

Coastbloke

Bench
Apparently TCN9 (Sydney) has been having some massive technical problems this morning. The usual weekend morning shows and Sports Sunday didn't go to air..

Maybe they using the GTV9 feed?

Silent Knight

First Grade
I turn on my TV and see these flogs I’ve never even heard of talking about some buttf*ck sport down in Mexico I couldn’t give less than 2 sh*ts about.

My outrage meter blew out about 1000% and I promptly turned my TV off so Nein can’t harvest any additional ratings for a sport they don’t even have the rights to.

TheRam

Coach
Apparently TCN9 (Sydney) has been having some massive technical problems this morning. The usual weekend morning shows and Sports Sunday didn't go to air..

A test pattern would have been better the this sh*t. No joke. I would have left it on the test pattern for way longer then the garbage that they put on. As soon as I saw it, I switched off and went back to the net.

mongoose

Coach

yeah when i flicked on 9 one of the AFL flogs on the panel said there was technical difficulties. Nine are scum but they were not putting the AFL show ahead of the NRL one - im sure they would love to though.

TheRam

Coach
yeah when i flicked on 9 one of the AFL flogs on the panel said there was technical difficulties. Nine are scum but they were not putting the AFL show ahead of the NRL one - im sure they would love to though.

Irrelevant mate. We all know sh*t happens, but you don't fill in the time slot with the main competitor to your client.

Imagine Gloria Jeans putting up Star Bucks paraphernalia and advertising if one of their stores coffee machines went on the blink.

Whoever made that decision should get a massive bullocking and or lose their job. It is war between these two sports. Everyone at NINE and FOX should be put on notice that we will not put up with it any longer. I mean NINE don't even have rights to that garbage and they always end up promoting the sh*t out of it.

See below for further proof on how things are going and at the moment we are losing almost every battle.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...d/news-story/eda2cb1d64134621dd9c81c31d9b2b6b

AFL BOSS ON NSW MISSION

The AFL continues to march into rugby league heartland in Sydney.

AFL boss Gill McLachlan was in town last week for talks with Premier Gladys Berejiklian and government ministers.

Topping his wish list is more ovals across NSW with four posts instead of two.

Participation numbers — especially among women — are taking off.

“We got a terrific reception — the Premier was great,” McLachlan said, “The agenda for us is community facilities in Sydney. It a huge issue. We have outgrown the space. There are not enough ovals for us. We’ve actually got a waiting list for clubs and players.”

McLachlan says the return of Buddy Franklin for the Swans this weekend will further lift the profile of AFL in Sydney. “Buddy is as big as it gets in our game,” he said. “Him and Dusty (Martin) are the biggest names in my time.”

Vee

First Grade
Yep, just turned it off and emailed a complaint in.
Stick ya fumblers footy show up your arse. "The home of rugby league" my ass, you're just a parasitic penile wart holding back the Greatest Game of All.

Not happy Jan.

taipan

Referee
Had cancelled Fox,and switched on Nein,and saw a horror movie unfolding before my eyes, involving a handful of gimps who I had no idea from whence they came.
We have a major contract with Nein live into Sydney and Brisbane.Instead of showing our main competitors in all their glory ,because of a technical stuff up, why not put on one of the great NRL G/Fs circa 2016, instead of providing fumbles with free publicity.
The more I see Nein operating ,the more I see hidden agendas.