What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunday News - Witt not a hit anymore.

Micistm

Bench
I do feel sorry for him, sounds like he has been jerked around a little by warriors management. However there is a reason why he has been through 4 clubs in 90 games. He is just not that good. Ample time to cement his spot last year (tainted by Rovelli I guess) and it hasn't happened.

The 'tainted by Rovelli' point is a good one- How many fans were SCREAMING for a Witt/Fein combo from about halfway through the season, to be stubbornly ignored again and again by Ivan? And yet when the decision was finally made (And totally unavoidable with the dreadful form Ravs couldn't shake)the combo proved to be the correct one.
While I am no fan of Sunday News style at all, I do feel Witt does deserve to be in the mix until it's absolute no doubt there's a first choice combo. I felt he did deserve one of the pre season games to prove one way or the other.

I am especially disappointed if Witt did have another deal set up after being given permission only to be told he was needed and couldn't be released. One persons word against another though I guess.

Micistm

Bench
What is the best try then?

Certainly the try was fantastic, but there are a couple that come to mind; the famous ad lib through many hands try that is so well known I won't bring it up again; quite a few set ups by our man Ali...but my personal faves are a a couple of brilliant Wade pieces, and an individual brillant piece of work very early in the history by Frano Botica.

But- I hasten to add, Witts try was fantastic, no doubt about it. Personal faves are always subjective.