What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunday Roast on the Johns Move

The_Coach

Juniors
This problem won't occur in the future. The Tri-Series will be scheduled to start later now because of this.

As far as players going to England at the end of the NRL season it depends on a few things;

* The English club has to still have room under the salary cap.
* The players NRL club has to approve for them to go.
* Insurance has to be arranged incase the player is injured in England.

Moggles

Juniors
Wouldn't you be spewin if you helped get your side to the finals only to be dropped so some player from another country comes in and takes all the glory???

Mr Saab

Referee
Razor said:
10 years ago when all these players turned the back on their country there was in that year - 3 tests against the Kiwis and a World Cup planned. They avoided all of those matches when they said that they didnt' care about playing for Australia. They missed a lot more than 1 match.

I didn't say Webcke played in the ESL, he decided he didnt' want to play in matches but play in later ones.

in 1995 the ARL didnt select the SL players...they didnt turn their back on australia. Back then they were promised International football byt News Ltd (and they got in 1997 when there were 2 comps) It was very political back then. ALOT more political than today and it was in the courts too.
In 1996 8 players turned their back on australia, but not in 1995.
You dont recall 4 raiders players going to court and challenging the selection process for the world cup? They wanted to go but the ARL "overlooked" them.

Razor

Coach
in 1995 the ARL didnt select the SL players...they didnt turn their back on australia.
In 1996 8 players turned their back on australia, but not in 1995.

Also in 1995. The players went to Super League knowing they won't be picked for Australia. They went anyway. Same situation as Johns, except the reason. Johns knows he'll miss 1 game(and not the many that SL players did), and he's doing it to play in a Grand Final, not for money.

You dont recall 4 raiders players going to court and challenging the selection process for the world cup? They wanted to go but the ARL "overlooked" the

The fact that they all pulled out in 1996 saying "I don't care about playing for Australia", "Playing for Australia means nothing to me", etc. proves that their comments in 1995 were total crap and were only made to have a shot at the ARL and to try and get the public on their side(unsuccessfully)

Back then they were promised International football byt News Ltd (and they got in 1997 when there were 2 comps) It was very political back then. ALOT more political than today and it was in the courts too.

They did NOT get international football in 1997. That was a total farce of matches and no countries that participated count them as official. It's like if you decide to go overseas with your mates and play as "Australia" against a team you organised in England, etc. You can't claim you played for Australia, just because you called yourselves that.

Mr Saab

Referee
Johns is not doing it for money? please Razor, dont treat me and many others for a fool. You think Johns would go over their for 20k? I dont think so.
In 1997 Australa (sl) played against the best of the best in international league.
Who did ARL play that yr? not great britain or NZ.
How do you know NZ and GB dont count them as official? Talk about throwing something out there with zero facts!!!

Razor

Coach
You think Johns would go over their for 20k? I dont think so.

Yes he will

In 1997 Australa (sl) played against the best of the best in international league.

Shame the were fake matches though.

Who did ARL play that yr? not great britain or NZ.

In 1997 they played against the Rest Of The World which included the 2 Best British players who didn't sign with Super League (Robinson, Connolloy), and amongst the best Kiwis like (McKracken, etc.), and the best of the rest (Lam, etc)

I tell you what if an ARL Rest of the World played a SL Rest of the World, the ARL team would have won (sure SL had by far more international players, but the ARL had the best of them)

How do you know NZ and GB dont count them as official? Talk about throwing something out there with zero facts!!!

Read the record books. If you say they're counting them as fact you're the one speaking crap. There are record books out there.

Mr Saab

Referee
You are as blind as stevie wonder if you think Johns would waste his time going to England for 20k. Blind as can be

Australia have an * next to them yes when referring to 1997 tests, but you were referring to NZ and GB and their records have no * next to them.

Wow, the rest of the world. 4 good players and a bunch of nuffies. Token test match that one if i ever saw one.

Razor

Coach
Charlie Saab said:
Australia have an * next to them yes when referring to 1997 tests, but you were referring to NZ and GB and their records have no * next to them.

The 1997 SL tests aren't even listed as internationals for Australia

I didnt' say look at the Australian record books

I said record books

NZ and GB don't have them listed either.

Wow, the rest of the world. 4 good players and a bunch of nuffies.

No the rest were grea too. LOOK at them

Latest posts