What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super Bowl LIV

Haffa

the problem is ratboy is dumb as f**k. there's a time to go for it and there's a time to be conservative. he doesn't have a clue when to be either.
That was Andy Reid until recently. Andy Reid did everything yesterday that he didn’t do in all those playoff losses over the years, he played to win instead of not to lose, used tempo when necessary, balanced the run and pass. Got the result.

Maybe Shanahan will learn one day.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
That was Andy Reid until recently. Andy Reid did everything yesterday that he didn’t do in all those playoff losses over the years, he played to win instead of not to lose, used tempo when necessary, balanced the run and pass. Got the result.

Maybe Shanahan will learn one day.

The Atlanta/9ers narrative being the same the media uses is lazy.

Atlanta he was accused of being too aggressive, the 9ers too conservative. If anything Kyle overcompensated this time around. From players to coaches, yesterday reeked of inexperience rather than anything else and from a lot more people than Kyle.

The Atlanta thing comes down to one play when they should have run instead of passed. Even then Matt Ryan didn't need to shit the bed worse than Jimmy G.

Dan Quinn was the head coach and defensive coordinator in that debacle. Must be stoked to be able to sit back and let someone else cop it all.

kurt faulk

Coach

Dan Quinn should have copped all the blame after the superbowl. He's the head coach. He should have told ratboy to run it three times when they were well inside fg range with a couple of minutes left on the clock. Allowing ratboy to do whatever he wanted at that moment was a negligence of his duty as hc.

shiznit

Coach
We know you watched...
Are you kidding me?? Between those 2 teams??

Not a single second... I decided to go to work instead... it started at lunchtime and was all done and dusted by the time I got home.

Of all the 512 different combinations there can possibly be in a SB... only 2 of them would do this... this one or 9ers v Broncos.

What can I say... the hate is strong...

:joy::joy:

dogslife

Coach

Dan Quinn should have copped all the blame after the superbowl. He's the head coach. He should have told ratboy to run it three times when they were well inside fg range with a couple of minutes left on the clock. Allowing ratboy to do whatever he wanted at that moment was a negligence of his duty as hc.

I hate that man equally.

kurt faulk

Coach
That's the worst part of it all.

Free agency won't even be that fun for me either. Don't have draft capital to care much about the draft or cap space to do anything other than re-sign current players.

the rams only have $14m in cap space and no 1st round pick. fowler, littleton, whitworth, brockers, zuerlein, blythe all become free agents. snead has a lot of work to do to steady the ship.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
the rams only have $14m in cap space and no 1st round pick. fowler, littleton, whitworth, brockers, zuerlein, blythe all become free agents. snead has a lot of work to do to steady the ship.

Yeah I was looking at cap space for the NFC West earlier. You guys really need some OL to step up and fill the void (clean injury run would help too).

We've only got 21mil with Armstead, Ward, Sanders, a bunch of value depth guys whose price is about to go up and Kittle's 1mil a year contract is about to turn into 12-13mil a year.

Expecting AA to walk and it may come down to either Jimmy or Sanders.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Welcome to the world of not slumming it. No cap space, crappy draft slots. Hoping the guys that do leave get overpaid so the comp pick formula works in your favour.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Welcome to the world of not slumming it. No cap space, crappy draft slots. Hoping the guys that do leave get overpaid so the comp pick formula works in your favour.

I'd happily take crappy draft slots.

This year we have a first and then nothing until round 5.

Long off season coming up.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade

There is no steading the ship, the team is doomed, Stan is an absolute Moron of the highest order for football sense.

kurt faulk

Coach
There is no steading the ship, the team is doomed, Stan is an absolute Moron of the highest order for football sense.

i think stan takes a hands off approach to the team. snead and demoff do the hard yards there.

at least weddle retired. that will increase the cap by around $5m.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
i think stan takes a hands off approach to the team. snead and demoff do the hard yards there.

at least weddle retired. that will increase the cap by around $5m.

Trading away most your 1st rounders so he can sell season Seats is absolutely dumb, he is doing the same stupid stuff at Arsenal, hopefully the Rams can rebound, but going to be hard as all hell.

kurt faulk

Coach
Trading away most your 1st rounders so he can sell season Seats is absolutely dumb, he is doing the same stupid stuff at Arsenal, hopefully the Rams can rebound, but going to be hard as all hell.

Actually, they got one of the best cbs in the league with those 1sts. Not saying it was the deal of the century but hardly done to sell tickets. After they acquired Ramsey the rams had the most sacks in the league. Now all they need to do is sign a lber and nose tackle that can tackle with authority in the middle to stop those atrocities that were the ravens and cowboys games.

The rams aren't that far off.

nick87

Coach
The Rams are in a very interesting spot
If you told me they were in the SB again next year, i'd buy it because McVey is good enough to over come a sub par QB and if Gurley has a good year with the knee, and then there is Ramsey and Donald which is enough to craft a truly dominant D around.

But also, that could easily be some Fisher 7-9 bullshit given the division and the scrubsand bums roster construction they'll be going forward with given 5-6 guys will account for such a large % of their cap.
They're one of the most interesting teams in 2020-21 for me. The draft is going to be big for them, they need to find contributors

The Rams are in a very interesting spot
If you told me they were in the SB again next year, i'd buy it because McVey is good enough to over come a sub par QB and if Gurley has a good year with the knee, and then there is Ramsey and Donald which is enough to craft a truly dominant D around.

But also, that could easily be some Fisher 7-9 bullshit given the division and the scrubsand bums roster construction they'll be going forward with given 5-6 guys will account for such a large % of their cap.
They're one of the most interesting teams in 2020-21 for me. The draft is going to be big for them, they need to find contributors

How do you see the Cardinals development going next year?

If they are half decent, that NFC West would have to be the toughest division in the comp.

Latest posts