What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super Bowl XL Thread Discussion, Scores etc

meltiger

First Grade
I Bleed Green said:
but the Steelers deserved to win.

That they did, regardless of the officiating.

I still don't think the PI was fair, 'Offensive Pass Interference' ... rubbish.

The Big Ben TD - I'm happy to wear that, even thugh I think he didn't ... As Steve said, it wasn't conclusive whether he did or didn't score,and that's the key. You couldn't reverse the call.

That all being said, as I said earlier, it doesn't excuse Seattle's second half, or as others mhave mentioned ... The failure to scrore points just before the half. They should have been much, much closer to the endzone than what they were after being midfield with a minute to go.

meltiger

First Grade
sunny said:
I just don't see the big fuss mel. Jackson pushed off, clear as day.

The fact that the defender didn't move - If he used the player to balance himself, which is quite clear was the case given the defender didn't move - That is not a penalty.

Fair's fair though, the arguments are mute given the fact Piitsburgh did deserve to win.

They have won on the road for 3 weeks, come to Detroit, have Seattle challenge them, and then still manage to hold on... As much as I loathe them, I'll give them the credit they deserve.

legend

Coach
There were a few dodgy holding calls and one that was called back when Hasselbeck threw the ball to the two yard line. They would have scored for sure IMO but it's in the books now that the fat slug Bettis and the serial dribbler finally won a Superbowl but it was bland, boring and biased, definitely not eXtra Large!

At least we wont have to put with Bettis' parents at every game next year and beyond. Man they annoy me!

meltiger

First Grade
Actually Legend, the one I found funniest was the 'Illegal Block' on Hasslebeck after the Intercept when he was making the tackler on the returner. LOL How they managed to come up with THAT call is beyond me! lol

cq

Juniors
I was on Seattle, but have no dramas with the Steelers win. Congrats to all their fans. Some random thoughts on the game.

The SBS telecast was good, give me Damo & Colin Scotts instead of ESPN promos any day.
The Seattle 2 minute drill was the worst since Philly last year.
I thought the Seahawks copped the worst of the officiating.
They still might have won it if the TE had held some more passes.
They still might have won if they had run Alexander to the left behind Jones and Hutchinson more.
Seattle were out-coached.
Big Ben is by far the best of the 3 1st round QBs drafted 2 years ago. He plays with the poise of a 10 year vet, he is a credit to his jersey number.
Jerome Bettis does not belong in the HOF, here is a link to back up my opinion, sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=schoenfield/060125

sunny

Were damo and colin scotts good though cq? Other people who watched sbs said they were crap.

cq

Juniors
It's personal opinion I guess. I like Damo talking about any sport, he is knowlegable and has a dry, ironic type of wit. If I was in charge of SBS, I'd give him a weekly sports discussion show. Scotts gives an inside perspective of American football, without going over the top. Ed Wyatt was good as host as well, did not try to hog the limelight and kept things rolling along well. The only thing I missed was the crosses to the female sideline reporter, ESPN/American ABC always have babes.

sunny

We're presently waiting for Eelectrica to finish watching the tape after work I think :lol:

sunny

They picked up the international feed on ESPN too by the way, you didn't miss out on the ABC stuff.

sunny

no, their coverage actually finished 5 minutes before sbs' did. espn showed everything though, i imagine some of the pregame ceremonies wouldn't have been seen on sbs due to shots of colin scotts staring off into space in the studio :lol: espn's coverage was decent enough though.

Bomber

Bench
SBS did show some pictures of Stevie Wonder...no sound though.

They did show the national anthem, which was well and truly butchered.

Aretha Franklin must be the next Steelers running back. ;-)

cq

Juniors
I've got the sh*ts with ESPN at the moment. I watched my 1st episode of Playmakers the other night. I didn't time it, but I would swear that a couple of the ad breaks were more than 5 minutes. Pissed me off big time. That's the main reason I tuned into SBS today. As for Scotts, I imagine if you didn't depend on TV for a living, it would be easy to get bored sitting in a studio, never knowing when you are going to be on air, he went OK.

Eelectrica

Referee
sunny said:
We're presently waiting for Eelectrica to finish watching the tape after work I think :lol:
:lol: Just finished. Looks like I successfully jinxed the Steelers to a Superbowl victory.:lol:
I don't mind though. I mostly cheer for the AFC teams in the SB unless it's the Patriots, jests or Ravens.

I think Seattle fans will look back it the game and say 'How did we lose?' They looked in control for long periods, but always found a way to very badly screw things up.

Guess this result settles the AFC Vs NFC debate for this year. :lol:
NFC couldn't win even with an AFC ring in playing for them.

Latest posts