What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super League 2023 discussion

The Great Dane

First Grade
Not sure exactly, but his first ban was for unacceptable language (disability discrimination) and there's some who think this is a repeat offence. Against the same team as well.
Wait, you're telling me that old mate is getting the sack for calling an opposition player a r####d!

At worst you'll get a couple weeks on the side line for decapitating a bloke, a bit more for being a literal menace to society, but saying a naughty word (and one that isn't even that bad frankly) is a sacking offence LOL. Where's the f**king logic in that?!

English RL is such a hopeless shambles. Honestly this is just embarrassing, and that's without even addressing the social and societal implications of policing speech in such a way.

TDD91

Juniors
12 game ban for Mcguire.

When his club are one of the leading sides in terms of PDRL, it looks pretty bad for one of their players to be banned 19 games in 1 season for the language he's using.

The Great Dane

First Grade
12 game ban for Mcguire.

When his club are one of the leading sides in terms of PDRL, it looks pretty bad for one of their players to be banned 19 games in 1 season for the language he's using.
The fact that he's being banned for his language at all is the only thing that looks pretty bad. He honestly would've got a lesser ban if he'd have king hit the bloke, it's beyond parody.

English RL really just needs to be put out of it's misery.

TDD91

Juniors
Apparently he made comments about another player's son.

Players have received 8 game bans in the last couple years for Racist & Homophobic comments on the field, no real difference between those and this. The fact he hasn't learned from last time he's said it has added to his ban.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Apparently he made comments about another player's son.

Players have received 8 game bans in the last couple years for Racist & Homophobic comments on the field, no real difference between those and this. The fact he hasn't learned from last time he's said it has added to his ban.
I don't care who the comment was targeted at or the context, you've lost the f**king plot when bans for what players say are longer than for serious incidents of foul play and misbehaviour off the field. As I said before, McGuire would have got a lesser ban if he'd king hit the bloke.

It's especially bad when we all know that there're dickheads that will abuse that power. Imagine if a player missed a big game or was sent off because opposition players claim he called one of them a naughty word, seriously it's a joke. I also bet you anything that it's not enforced consistently either, and what can be said by and to whom is incredibly one-sided.

I'd honestly be looking to move on the player who complained about it if I ran the club he played for as well. You don't want to deal with people that are so weak that they're going to have a mental breakdown every time somebody says something they don't like.

It's really just an embarrassing look.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I don't care who the comment was targeted at or the context, you've lost the f**king plot when bans for what players say are longer than for serious incidents of foul play and misbehaviour off the field. As I said before, McGuire would have got a lesser ban if he'd king hit the bloke.

It's especially bad when we all know that there're dickheads that will abuse that power. Imagine if a player missed a big game or was sent off because opposition players claim he called one of them a naughty word, seriously it's a joke. I also bet you anything that it's not enforced consistently either, and what can be said by and to whom is incredibly one-sided.

I'd honestly be looking to move on the player who complained about it if I ran the club he played for as well. You don't want to deal with people that are so weak that they're going to have a mental breakdown every time somebody says something they don't like.

by all accounts it wasnt a naughty word. it was discriminatory. good riddance to the piece of sht.

Perth Red

Post Whore

what a load of rubbish. The sport is making great strides in UK to be inclusive to people with disabilities, cognitive and physical. The last thing we need is a top player in the game damaging that and dragging the sports reputaion through the mud. And Union loving media in UK will love nothing more than that opportunity believe me.
Well done RFL on taking a strong stand against it.

Not sure why your grading dog acts, be it physical or verbal? They are both sht and should be punished accordingly. Its one thing to call someone a dckhead in heat of moment, quite another to have a pre contrived sledge about a players disabled child (allegedly). If you cant see that maybe its you that needs to take a hard look in the mirror!

As professional RL players they need to realise they are ambassadors for the sport from the moment they sign their contract.

The Great Dane

First Grade
what a load of rubbish. The sport is making great strides in UK to be inclusive to people with disabilities, cognitive and physical. The last thing we need is a top player in the game damaging that and dragging the sports reputaion through the mud. And Union loving media in UK will love nothing more than that opportunity believe me.
Well done RFL on taking a strong stand against it.

Not sure why your grading dog acts, be it physical or verbal? They are both sht and should be punished accordingly. Its one thing to call someone a dckhead in heat of moment, quite another to have a pre contrived sledge about a players disabled child (allegedly). If you cant see that maybe its you that needs to take a hard look in the mirror!

As professional RL players they need to realise they are ambassadors for the sport from the moment they sign their contract.
What a surprise an English RL fan who is more concerned with perception than reality...

The SL and the RFL's "inclusion" programs are little more than tokenistic virtue signals pushed by unopposed ideologues. You're not going to like hearing it, but the average person doesn't watch sport to see themselves reflected and feel included, they watch it to see a highly exclusive group of people whom are the best at what they do, do what they do at the highest level. Further more only the shallowest most narcissistic people need to see their immutable characteristics reflected to them to be capable of empathising with other people.

As a neurodivergent person myself I speak from a lot of experience when I say that you're not helping Josh Charnley or his son by trying to protect them from this stuff. If they're going to get the most out of this life they're both going to need to develop a very thick skin and develop it fast, especially his son. People are going to treat him differently his whole life, he's going to hate it, and there's going to be nothing he can do about it.
Your performative display of faux outrage is an example of it right now in fact, and if anything that is significantly more annoying than people whom try to use e.g. autism as a pejorative.

Finally, if you can't see how it looks that a player is suffering a larger ban for saying something offensive than one might for committing aggravated assault on the pitch then there's no helping you. Your priorities are arse backwards and you've completely lost the plot.

Perth Red

Post Whore
What a surprise an English RL fan who is more concerned with perception than reality...

The SL and the RFL's "inclusion" programs are little more than tokenistic virtue signals pushed by unopposed ideologues. You're not going to like hearing it, but the average person doesn't watch sport to see themselves reflected and feel included, they watch it to see a highly exclusive group of people whom are the best at what they do, do what they do at the highest level. Further more only the shallowest most narcissistic people need to see their immutable characteristics reflected to them to be capable of empathising with other people.

As a neurodivergent person myself I speak from a lot of experience when I say that you're not helping Josh Charnley or his son by trying to protect them from this stuff. If they're going to get the most out of this life they're both going to need to develop a very thick skin and develop it fast, especially his son. People are going to treat him differently his whole life, he's going to hate it, and there's going to be nothing he can do about it.
Your performative display of faux outrage is an example of it right now in fact, and if anything that is significantly more annoying than people whom try to use e.g. autism as a pejorative.

Finally, if you can't see how it looks that a player is suffering a larger ban for saying something offensive than one might for committing aggravated assault on the pitch then there's no helping you. Your priorities are arse backwards and you've completely lost the plot.
Nice opener! 'As an english RL fan', wtf is that supposed to imply?

Nonsense, the growth (due to concerted effort and investment of resources and funds) in PDRL, IDRL and wheelchair RL isn't ideology, its giving all members of our great game the opportunity to enjoy playing it. Long may it continue.
You can be as intellectual in your argument as you like but the avg person in the street would think what McGuire said is shthouse, inappropriate and he should be punished heavily for it as a sports professional and therefore ambassador for the game. I suspect the many members of our RL community who live with the ignorance and prejudice of many of the community around them gave a little cheer today at the punishment dished out to a repeat offender. Just because it still happens doesnt mean it should. every step we take to say ots not ok is another step closer to Josh's son and yourself not having to put up with dickheads who think its funny to take the pss or use your condition as an insult.

As for the punishment and physical foul play, I have no problem with the severity. As aggressive blokes playing aggressive sports Id have more respect for him throwing a punch than using someone elses child's disability as a barb to try and wind up a father. But thats just me and my values. Yours are clearly in a different place.

Brian potter

Bench
Good and a bit unexpected win for Toulouse away to Featherstone last night.

hopefully this can reignite their season and push for promotion back into super league.

Perth Red

Post Whore
And finally Wakey break the duck, and against Leeds of all teams. Suddenly Cas fans are getting nervous. Catalans beat HKR to go top of table, Leigh continue their impressive season with a win over HFC and St's get over wigan in their derby.

1686630255665.png

Perth Red

Post Whore
Dragons go top, Leigh move up to third and HKR drop down the table after a run of defeats. St's starting to find form and climb up to where you'd expect them to be. The Yorkshire clubs need to get their fingers out!

1686630359654.png

Perth Red

Post Whore

Super League Round 17 attendances​

Warrington 6-22 Leeds: 8,981

Wigan 22-6 Huddersfield 13,464

Wakefield 32-6 Salford: 3,854

St Helens 22-0 Castleford: 11,488

Leigh 34-4 Hull KR: 6,012

Hull FC 18-28 Catalans: 13,480

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hull Derby heading for sell out with just a few hundred away fan tickets left.

Latest posts