What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super Relocation

MugaB

Coach
Imagine that the NRL had to branch out into the world, but with the existing 16 clubs, where would each club relocate to?
Well with a bit of thought i come up with a map to highlight the clubs mascot that would suit each area of the world, all just for a bit of fun...
Screenshot_20201004-093640_Gallery.jpg

British Bulldogs (England)
Scandinavian Raiders (Sweden)
Spaniard Rabbitohs (Spain)
Mediterranean Titans (Greece)
Africaan Panthers (Nigeria)
South African Sharks (South Africa)
Arabian Knights (UAE)
New Delhi Tigers (India)
South Asia Dragons (China)
New Zealand Warriors (Auckland, Nz)
Pacific Storm (Melbourne, Aus)
Brazilan Eels (Rio De Janeiro)
Latin Roosters (Mexico)
West Coast Broncos (LasVegas)
East Coast Cowboys (Washington)
Atlantic Sea Eagles (Canada)

Also Defunct clubs of
Russian Bears (Moscow),
Munich Steelers (Germany),
Incan Rams (Chile),
East African Mariners (Somalia),
Tokyo Jets (Japan),
Queenland Crushers (Brisbane,Aus)
Perth Western Reds (Perth, Aus)
Sydney Magpies (Sydney, Aus)
Screenshot_20201004-101728_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
not bad

you could swap around the Bulldog, Knight and Bronco

Bulldog to France or USA
Knight to Britain and Bronco to Arabia
True, but i like the British Bulldog, and Arabian Knights names too much, there's heaps of swaps that could be done, i thought of Storm in Vancouver, but Australia without a team seems silly and all other clubs could easily be elsewhere, except for NZ warriors, but if you think of a different type of warrior, instead of the Tiki/Maori warrior, like a samurai for example, japan would suit that better.

Even the Sea Eagles i wanted to go with New york or boston (New England) but felt it better not to over crowd USA, and Canada seemed a better fit overall along with the colors, even the Sharks i thought would be the best for the lone Australian team, but South Africa fits better too, in the end we have a very vast amount of mascots that aren't too specific to oceania, maybe this will be the future blue print for the NRL after teleportation is created (te he hawhawhaw)

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
Great concept. Roosters to France. Matches their flag and isn’t the French team the Roosters also?
I like Mexico better, as Salary Sombrero is so befiting of them, plus Roosters in Central America just feels right, i see too many tv shows, cartoons etc where there is always fowl about in the background in mexico

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
If RL had the choice to go and put teams from anywhere in the world, it would be so RL for them to come up with a 16 team world league that looked like this:

Sydney
South Sydney
Parramatta
Canterbury
Manly
St George
Brisbane
Auckland
Wigan
St Helens
Leeds
Castleford
Warrington
Huddersfield
Hull KR
Hull FC

MugaB

Coach
If RL had the choice to go and put teams from anywhere in the world, it would be so RL for them to come up with a 16 team world league that looked like this:

Sydney
South Sydney
Parramatta
Canterbury
Manly
St George
Brisbane
Auckland
Wigan
St Helens
Leeds
Castleford
Warrington
Huddersfield
Hull KR
Hull FC
Again a pool of clubs in south east side of Sydney, and only one sydney west team, not to mention that the whole list is primarily sydney and london based, with 1 team in bris and nz, world game needs more clubs in other cities, the omission of Melbourne is glaring, catalans too

Last edited:

RedVee

First Grade
Again a pool of clubs in south east side of Sydney, and only one sydney west team, not to mention that the whole list is primarily sydney and london based, with 1 team in bris and nz, world game needs more clubs in other cities, the omission of Melbourne is glaring, catalans too
No London team in that list.

Rabbits should go to Malta

greenBV4

Bench

Sydney
South Sydney
Parramatta
Canterbury
Manly
St George
Brisbane
Auckland
Wigan
St Helens
Leeds
Castleford