What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super Sub Flo

ouryears

Bench
Potentially crippled? OH MY GOD, HE’S TRYING TO KILL NIGHTY! HE MUST BE STOPPED!!!

Nighty made 9 tackles at 100% efficiency
4 runs, 10 post contact metres, broke 1 tackle and averaged 3 seconds to play the ball - faster than anyone else in the middle of the field, plus Mann and Widdop.
I don’t think it’s a great idea either, but I think he’ll survive.
If you think Nighty should be put on the field as a forward, mate you have boulders in your head.
Yeahh, let's put a 30 yr old winger in the forwards and forget about all the other guys who train and play there every week.

Wow is all I can say, bloody wow!

The Damo

Juniors
If you think Nighty should be put on the field as a forward, mate you have boulders in your head.
Yeahh, let's put a 30 yr old winger in the forwards and forget about all the other guys who train and play there every week.

Wow is all I can say, bloody wow!
Didn’t say that my poor reading comprehension friend. I made fun of your hysterical dramatics vs the reality. Oh hey - you still haven’t named the 8 ISP players in the panthers team that beat us - any chance you’ll get round to that in between hyperbolic rants?

Rob Dragon

Juniors
TT, have a Bex, get yourself a little back rub, lie down in a dark room and call your therapist. I have never predicted the Dragons would fail; I don't want the Dragons to fail. I love the Dragons. I am just responding to your demented post lauding having a 32 year old, over the hill winger who weighs 88 kgs as a bench reserve forward. Total lunacy. Put it in the hoop chief!

PS. Is Michael Sorridimi still around?He could play off the bench too TT. Fits your criteria beautifully. Old, slow, lightweight. Should kill them up the middle,

TRUE TRAGIC

Juniors
TT, have a Bex, get yourself a little back rub, lie down in a dark room and call your therapist. I have never predicted the Dragons would fail; I don't want the Dragons to fail. I love the Dragons. I am just responding to your demented post lauding having a 32 year old, over the hill winger who weighs 88 kgs as a bench reserve forward. Total lunacy. Put it in the hoop chief!

PS. Is Michael Sorridimi still around?He could play off the bench too TT. Fits your criteria beautifully. Old, slow, lightweight. Should kill them up the middle,
I didn't mean any of it. I just wanted to see how you reacted to sarcasm and ridicule. I was correct - you can only dish it out but can't take it. I will sign off from this discussion now and let you have the last word because you are that type of personality - can't let go until you think you have the last words. Over to you............

slippery5

Juniors
So what's Mary's plan?

To have only 16 players to depend on?

No junior nurturing?

To put Nighty into the forward pack? Lol. Unbelievable.

He has been coach for 5 years, we should have 25 players we can trust for first grade.

He trusts 16.

Both top teams in Souths and Penrith put the sword through us.

He has achieved nothing.

If I am wrong you can blast me in September, till then, saying Mary is a success is laughable.

It's June, the past 3.5 years have been terrible. Nothing this year is gteed.

The fact our junior development is screwed and our bench is screwed tells me we are about to see the real truth.
I think you're giving him too much credit, on Monday night he only trusted 15 men for 75 minutes

ouryears

Bench
Didn’t say that my poor reading comprehension friend. I made fun of your hysterical dramatics vs the reality. Oh hey - you still haven’t named the 8 ISP players in the panthers team that beat us - any chance you’ll get round to that in between hyperbolic rants?
Well it is dangerous to put a guy who has played his entire career on the wing and a few FB games into the cauldron of the forwards.

His body and physique has adapted to the game differently than guys like Burgess, JHW, Cordner, Packer, Kasiano, Tamaloumo, and all the other big boppers that nighty would need to handle coming at him relentlessly for his 10 to 15 minute stint.

Yes, it's dangerous and shows no duty of care.

Putting an almost 32 yr old winger who weighs 91 kilos in against 120 kilo boppers shows Mary just has to go.

Why?

Because it shows his thinking is juvenile and without idea.

The Damo

Juniors
Well it is dangerous to put a guy who has played his entire career on the wing and a few FB games into the cauldron of the forwards.

His body and physique has adapted to the game differently than guys like Burgess, JHW, Cordner, Packer, Kasiano, Tamaloumo, and all the other big boppers that nighty would need to handle coming at him relentlessly for his 10 to 15 minute stint.

Putting an almost 32 yr old winger who weighs 91 kilos in against 120 kilo boppers shows Mary just has to go.

Why?

Yeah, nah. Nighty would take tons more hit ups at forwards when playing full games on the wing than the 4, yes 4 runs he took on Monday. And I don’t see it as any more dangerous as what plenty of halves deal with having guys like Hess, Kikau or our own Frizz running at them for 80 minutes.
Like I said, I don’t think it’s a great idea at all. But I’m not concerned for his safety.
P.S those 8 ISP players names again?

Crush

Coach

Why?

And the 8 ISP Panthers players that beat us?
No???
Not feeling it anymore????

ouryears

Bench
Crush and Damo, until you both regain your sanity and maturity, from this moment onwards, you are in the ignored corner.

Don't have to even glimpse at your shite.

While you are both on my ignore holiday, Mary better had keep winning.

The Damo

Juniors
Crush and Damo, until you both regain your sanity and maturity, from this moment onwards, you are in the ignored corner.

Oh noes now I’ll never know the names of the 8 ISP panthers who beat us. Woe is me.
When we get off the holiday, I hope we can hug it out, rebuild trust etc.

Crush

Coach

No please don't ignore me ouryears!
I beg you! You mean so much to me! Your wisdom has opened my eyes to everything that is right about Penrith and everything that is wrong about SGI!
Don't ignore me, for the love of God!!!!!
PS, who were the 8 ISP players?
Ohh right, ignore, got it.

The Damo

Juniors
I hope that we can renew our relationship in the memorial thread after the inevitable death of Jason Nightingale - doomed to die by the word of Mary. He might as well just shoot him so certain was his fate.

Drag Queen

Bench
No please don't ignore me ouryears!
I beg you! You mean so much to me! Your wisdom has opened my eyes to everything that is right about Penrith and everything that is wrong about SGI!
Don't ignore me, for the love of God!!!!!
PS, who were the 8 ISP players?
Ohh right, ignore, got it.
God love ya. You blokes are bitches. Next time you'll be comparing the size of your balls. Anyways.....

Rob Dragon

Juniors
TT, for god's sake book in for a counselling session old mate. Double the Bex intake and really lower the lighting in the room. Lie still and breathe deeply repeating "I shall not post silly things, I shall not post silly things, I shall not post silly things". You can wake up tomorrow morning and feel all better and this will all be behind you.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I don't believe the plan for Nighty was to use him in the prop rotation. Unfortunately, it just worked out that way in that game. McGregor rolled the dice by putting a game fit player as against a player who has been out injured and most probably not up to 1st grade speed and whether that is right or wrong it appears to be the only reasonable explanation.

I'm pretty sure the plan for Nighty was to play the same role as Mann did when he came on in previous games but this game was closer than McGregor anticipated and he was left with no option (in his mind) to play Nighty the way he did.

It will be interesting to see if is a repeat against Manly if we are say 20 or more in front.

ouryears

Bench
I don't believe the plan for Nighty was to use him in the prop rotation. Unfortunately, it just worked out that way in that game. McGregor rolled the dice by putting a game fit player as against a player who has been out injured and most probably not up to 1st grade speed and whether that is right or wrong it appears to be the only reasonable explanation.

I'm pretty sure the plan for Nighty was to play the same role as Mann did when he came on in previous games but this game was closer than McGregor anticipated and he was left with no option (in his mind) to play Nighty the way he did.

It will be interesting to see if is a repeat against Manly if we are say 20 or more in front.
Why didn't Mary just put a bench forward out there instead of nighty?

You mean he didn't because he thought if he did they would make a mistake and cost us the game?

So send good ole Nighty out there?

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Why didn't Mary just put a bench forward out there instead of nighty?

You mean he didn't because he thought if he did they would make a mistake and cost us the game?

So send good ole Nighty out there?

The point is that Mann and Nighty basically swapped positions.

The argument remains would McGregor have done the same if Mann was on the bench? That's the question!