What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super Thread LXXV: Remembering forgotten memories

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Speaking of souffs supporters.. 6.30am this morning.. I’m on a ride through a rather posh eastern suburb of Melbourne..

And I see someone walking along in a souffs jersey..

As random as that was to see, I still had to laugh at them..

The fact I was pointing to them at the time may have been a little over the top, though..

Bazal

Post Whore
Speaking of souffs supporters.. 6.30am this morning.. I’m on a ride through a rather posh eastern suburb of Melbourne..

And I see someone walking along in a souffs jersey..

As random as that was to see, I still had to laugh at them..

The fact I was pointing to them at the time may have been a little over the top, though..

Jeez mate, think about it from their perspective as well.

While you might just be one bloke pointing and laughing they, having just woken up from a long weekend drinking paint thinner, see a group of octuplets doing it.

Bazal

Post Whore
How the hell do you play cricket down here Baz? There’s no grass, just dirt & dead weeds.

Dude this is nothing yet... Come down in Feb and have a look at the grounds!

We're not so bad in first grade, even in club cricket we tend to get the better grounds. Our home is at the Mint and it's usually quite a bit grassier than the rest. We also play at the enclosed oval at O'Connor just near the Duxton/O'Connor shops if you ever pass that, it's a cracker usually.

Of course a few weeks of heat and even those grounds are basically concrete.

Dude this is nothing yet... Come down in Feb and have a look at the grounds!

We're not so bad in first grade, even in club cricket we tend to get the better grounds. Our home is at the Mint and it's usually quite a bit grassier than the rest. We also play at the enclosed oval at O'Connor just near the Duxton/O'Connor shops if you ever pass that, it's a cracker usually.

Of course a few weeks of heat and even those grounds are basically concrete.
I just finished playing a game at Scarborough Park in Ramsgate. The park is on land reserved for the F6 if it ever starts. Recently it got rejected for being too sandy.

I say bullshit, it was like diving on concrete when going for a catch in the slips!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I just finished playing a game at Scarborough Park in Ramsgate. The park is on land reserved for the F6 if it ever starts. Recently it got rejected for being too sandy.

I say bullshit, it was like diving on concrete when going for a catch in the slips!

Well, concrete is 1/3 sand..

Latest posts