What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super Thread LXXV: Remembering forgotten memories

Bazal

Post Whore
My ankle has been clicking when I move it on and off now for months now. It has now decided to upgrade to hurting like hell. Good times...

Welcome to my life....unless I manage to have a slack day in the field (tough to come by in the covers) I can't walk the day after cricket if it's a full one day game.

Now my shoulder is shot too. f**king thing feels like a malfunctioning meat grinder. Which is weird because apart from a minor drunken dislocation when I was eighteen I've never injured it in the slightest. I had thought tendinitis from bowling but I'm not sure anymore.

Crusher

Coach
Holy snapping f**k....they said you died
No Bazal. Unfortunately reports of my death were premature. The same can't be said for ESPN though. Had some amazing times over there rubbing shoulders with some sporting Gods. Tom Brady interview was a career highlight...considering I didn't know who he was a few years ago. That said, I'm so glad to be back in God's country.

Crusher

Coach
Must say though, I've always had a soft spot for LU, even from afar. You guys have come such a long way over the years and I can tell you that you are well and truly noticed by some respected names in the industry. And rightly so!

So anyway, I might not get a chance to get on here that often so let me indulge a little on what happens in the US world of sports. I was constantly surprised by how down to earth so many of the most elite sportsmen and women really are.

There was this one time last year I found myself at an NBA game sitting beside a retired star who shall remain nameless. Lets just say he could buy half of Sydney if what he's worth is true. Anyway we got to talking and before you knew it I blurted out that I had always wanted to interview him. We exchanged numbers which I thought was just a courtesy by him at the time. Two days later I get a call. He says to me can you be at Dallas airport in 2 hours and he'd gladly do an interview. So I catch a cab to the airport and eventually we met up. We then walk our way through a few corridors and suddenly I find myself on the tarmac surrounded by all these fancy jets. He invites me on board his private yet so I think to myself this is going to be a quick interview. He then asks me if I have to be anywhere that afternoon. After I said no he asks me if I'd like to join him and his group in Los Angeles for the evening. You bet i said.

Anyway to cut a long story short, I ended up doing the interview over dinner. He put me up in his hotel overnight (it was a f**king long night and he drunk me under the table). He then flew me back the next day. We've kept in touch ever since and he even sent my family a gift for Christmas. What a sportsman and what a person. To me the ego stuff you see on TV is all for show.

So many similar stories, I could write a book.

Bazal

Post Whore
Man I'm so pissed off.

Missus' sister is on rotation for work in Perth and basically got her parents to force her whole family to take it in shifts visiting her over there. She is a huge child even at 27 or whatever she is, lives at home rent and bill free, snuggles up to mummy on the couch when she's sick, teenage tantrums, the whole bit. Blames her anxiety and everyone eats it up. Perpetual victim, "woe is me I'm a persecuted homosexual woman" type. I'm not a big fan of her clearly, but she's the GFs sister....

When she got there, she was whining that she was put up on base and surrounded by men who she was threatened by because all defence blokes are rapists obviously. So she went to her boss and asked if she could move to an Air BnB and pay the difference, to which they said basically "your work is on base so we'd rather you lived on base for this three months."

She's now chucked a hissy fit and is coming home, after the missus and I had to move heaven and earth to get time off having been essentially bullied into going over and seeing her....

Bazal

Post Whore
Evening. I was waiting for you to mention she is a vegan as well

Lol. She's fussy enough she might as well fking be.

I mean, it's cool that we now get a holiday to ourselves. But ideally neither of us would be taking leave right now, and ideally having gone back to being a student I'd have saved for longer.

Of course if I fire up about it IRL I'm the bad guy. So I'm whinging on here :p

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Is she at the level that she gets offended at the phrases garbageMAN and MANhole covers on footpaths?

Bazal

Post Whore
Is she at the level that she gets offended at the phrases garbageMAN and MANhole covers on footpaths?

Not quite, but I wouldn't be surprised either.

Realistically she's a manipulative, immature attention seeker rather than anything else.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Not quite, but I wouldn't be surprised either.

Realistically she's a manipulative, immature attention seeker rather than anything else.
Vaguebooker? You know like posting a status like "I can't handle this right now" then wait for support group to come running when she actually just can't find her keys

Bazal

Post Whore
Vaguebooker? You know like posting a status like "I can't handle this right now" then wait for support group to come running when she actually just can't find her keys

I wouldn't know, I have never had her on FB tbh.

But for mother's day the GF wanted to cook her mum dinner (ie wanted ME to cook her mum dinner lol) and wanted to maker her something she really loves. So we did this lamb dealy, really nice. Missus informed sister several times as she refuses to eat lamb and she said it was fine. She usually gets her own dinner anyway because she's fussy as f**k and borderline malnourished. Then on the night she bitched openly about "how could anyone think she'd eat that" and "what about me" and pretty much wrecked the night for her mum by throwing a tantrum and refusing to eat at the table....