What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superthread LXXIII: Honouring He Who Shall Not Be Named

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Not saying he was an absolute stand out by any means, but the fact that people can seriously say he didn't deserve the CCM at all is pretty much just blind hatred or jealousy
I disagree. Thurston was an absolute standout.

He was in everything.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Honestly a lot of people give shit to the Channel 9 wankfest about Thurston but I reckon if you (not you in particular) watched the game on mute there is no way you could possibly come to the conclusion JT was best on ground.
Well you didn't have them on mute. lol.

I have a button on my sound system that silences the commentary but still allows me to hear the crowd noises. Sony Football mode... google it.
Great technology. So not influenced by the commentators.

Thurston kept the Broncos defence busy all night, make no mistake.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Thurston wasn't the best in his side (Tamou, Morgan, and Granville) were better for the Cows, and Milford was arguably the best on show.

Not undeserving, but not the man of the match.

Last edited:

McLovin

Staff member
Was a great night until the missus came home from work and cracked the shits because I A. didnt make dinner and B. didn't fill out the rental application properly...

Good job Cowboys. The good guys won

And lol at Bennett having a cry over golden point...don't think he'd be whinging if his team kicked the winner...

afinalsin666

First Grade
Jack Reed was my man of the match. So many raids to his edge he completely shut down. If he just made that tackle against Morgan...

JT had a bit of Gallen syndrome in the last 20.

Bazal

Post Whore
Will never understand that Jack Reed obsession in the NRL generally. He's so bloody ordinary....can tackle front on sure but his defence is overrated and he's slower than a Friday afternoon. He's basically a poor man's Brett Delaney

afinalsin666

First Grade
He's never struck me as anything special, just a solid journeyman. But it is possible for shitmerkins to have a blinder, and damn did he have one.

thorson1987

Coach
Will never understand that Jack Reed obsession in the NRL generally. He's so bloody ordinary....can tackle front on sure but his defence is overrated and he's slower than a Friday afternoon. He's basically a poor man's Brett Delaney

Copley should have been there instead imo

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Holy crap , words can't explain the last 48 hours. waiting for my flight back to reality now. My voice is no more, reek of booze and haven't really slept since yesterday.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Holy crap , words can't explain the last 48 hours. waiting for my flight back to reality now. My voice is no more, reek of booze and haven't really slept since yesterday.

So, I take it you've had a fun tome? ;-)

Bazal

Post Whore
Hot today. Necked a Peroni in about 42 seconds after my run. Obviously the best recovery :sarcasm:

I love summer weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts