What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Support players needed!!

eMPee

Juniors
blacktip-reefy said:
Benji is one fast hombre, don't worry about that. I don't know if any in our team would have caught him.

As it was he jogged it in with Noddy pumping madly badly behind him.
Seymour saw the acceleration & the open spaces & knew better of it.

weather benji is fast or not, i still like to see someone give chase rather than give up like seymour did. And i think benji was pushing rather than jogging as he rested on the ground after scoring...

eMPee said:
weather benji is fast or not, i still like to see someone give chase rather than give up like seymour did. And i think benji was pushing rather than jogging as he rested on the ground after scoring...

Can you imagine if it had been Seymour chasing and Noddy not trying?

You would still be hearing abut it on the forum.....

Now Noddy is getting criticised for trying to chase Benji down.

Weird!

imasharkie

Coach
Do players in the team actually realise which of their team mates are commonly breaking tackles and might be able to get an offload away if there was someone actually in support???

Obviously you seen the interview with Luke Burt on NRL on Fox last night DS.

Exactly the same question Warren Smith asked him.He is a similar player to Kearney.

imasharkie said:
Obviously you seen the interview with Luke Burt on NRL on Fox last night DS.

Exactly the same question Warren Smith asked him.He is a similar player to Kearney.

No I didn't Ima, Warren Smith annoys the hell out of me.
Combined with Laurie Daley it's Chinese water torture.

I was just curious about Birds stats this year actually and then noticed just how many tackles he was breaking each game and it progressed from there......

Then I thought if he consistently breaks tackles like that every week why isn't someone trailing him each week to capitilise?

If Terry Lamb was playing in our team I'm sure he would've bagged plenty of tries from trialling the backrowers this year.

imasharkie

Coach
When I seen that interview with Burt last night I immediately thought of Noodles. I reckon they are very similar players and was an interesting interview conducted by Smith. I hope a few of our players watched the show.

Thomo.

First Grade
seymour???

i thought it was kearney and kimmorley chased. kearney slowed up kimmorley kept going.

as it were Benji was absolutely struggling after that run. he was running at full speed. afraid so.

Thomo. said:
seymour???

i thought it was kearney and kimmorley chased. kearney slowed up kimmorley kept going.

as it were Benji was absolutely struggling after that run. he was running at full speed. afraid so.

Seymour stopped.
Noddy chased.
Kearney not in the frame.

Macca

Coach
Kearney is a brilliant support player. I agree Ima. That's why I thought he looked like a fullback as soon as I first saw him. He's always sniffing around the forwards looking for them to pop a pass.

I'm afraid Reefy is right, we need some work on our second phase play.