What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Supporters Pack

wrfeel

Juniors
The 2012 Parra Supporters pack is absolute rubbish.
Where's the hat or scarf? or Flag? Nothing.....
And when i go to pick up the Members only Hat, "SOLD OUT" and wont have any more for 2 weeks!!! Absolutely Ridiculous.

bartman

Immortal
Thanks for the tip about the hats being sold out.

To be fair, the keyring is good, the lanyard I just secured to my mobile phone (refuse to use it to have my valuable ticket swinging around my neck at the games), and the voucher I'm hoping to use if I see any good deals on useful merchandise (like the spray jacket on nights like this).

But yeah, Round 1 is an ideal time for members to want to spend their vouchers if enough goods are available. A cooperative deal with a store like Peter Wynn's would go a long way to ensuring there is enough stock to go around?

Maroubra Eel

Coach
The 2012 Parra Supporters pack is absolute rubbish.
Where's the hat or scarf? or Flag? Nothing.....
And when i go to pick up the Members only Hat, "SOLD OUT" and wont have any more for 2 weeks!!! Absolutely Ridiculous.

You must be a bloody Fitzy lover you deathrider. At least they're trying. They're better than the last bunch of jokers we had running the place. f**king whinger.

Eels Dude

Coach
No. Tried it this arvo to work out if the $30 voucher could be used on the $40 jacket and scarf deal.

Fair enough. Pretty poor form since the season has already started. There's a lot of business to be lost there.

Peter Wynn will be rubbing his hands together, he should honor the vouchers on any 2012 jersey. He would sell more than BGAHQ.

born an eel

Bench
Fair enough. Pretty poor form since the season has already started. There's a lot of business to be lost there.
not really, if people can't spend the $30 voucher they get to keep the money. some (joke the worm) would say its good business.

Eels Dude

Coach
not really, if people can't spend the $30 voucher they get to keep the money. some (joke the worm) would say its good business.

They are losing business because people that actually want to purchase something using money, cannot, and people that want to use their voucher to purchase something well and above 30 dollars worth (let's say a jersey) cannot. They'll just buy one from elsewhere.

parrawentyfan

Juniors
I'm not sure if it's just me, but I ordered my membership on 9 January and still haven't received it. I got the welcome letter from hindy, but that's it. I called and apparently it's on it's way.

I'm a regional member so couldn't go tonight, but would have been annoying if I needed the member card.

I know the member hats were criticised, but I think ditching them is a cop out. I remember the first year I joined, I got a hat AND a $20 voucher. So I don't see how getting the voucher makes up for losing the hat. Not to mention a bag etc. which we've got the last couple of years. I've been told to expect this years membership in an envelope. A bit disappointing to say the least.

at least they have made a decent cap this year even if you have to use your voucher to get it. It's made by classic sportswear.

Eels Dude

Coach
I'm not sure if it's just me, but I ordered my membership on 9 January and still haven't received it. I got the welcome letter from hindy, but that's it. I called and apparently it's on it's way.

I'm a regional member so couldn't go tonight, but would have been annoying if I needed the member card.

I know the member hats were criticised, but I think ditching them is a cop out. I remember the first year I joined, I got a hat AND a $20 voucher. So I don't see how getting the voucher makes up for losing the hat. Not to mention a bag etc. which we've got the last couple of years. I've been told to expect this years membership in an envelope. A bit disappointing to say the least.

The merchandise is cheap and bin-worthy. But it's the gesture that counts. The fact that the online store isn't up and running is a joke quite frankly. It de-values the voucher if fans can't utilise it by the start of the season. Our membership level is nowhere near the target and it's not surprising really. Stuff like what you've mentioned in your post really needs to be looked at otherwise we'll fall behind other clubs.

bartman

Immortal
There weren't any $40 jacket and scarf deals left when I checked in anyway, so it was all a moot point.