What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sutton has to go

Zigwaa

Bench
Didn't see the game but heard he was pretty bad.

How many chances can they give him? Move him to lock or centre so he doesn't have to be a ball player. He's been so hot and cold in the last 4-5 season at 5/8 I don't know why they persist with him there.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
I think everyone's waiting for him to "click". He's clearly very good when he's on, it's just that happens so infrequently and so far almost not at all in 2011. Potential isn't enough.

Bundy Rabbit

Juniors
I for one, have been a long time Sutton supporter/defender. However after seeing his performances so far this year, perhaps everyone posting here is right in saying " time to drop the guy from the side" Really i don't think he'd make it in ANY other position either as he's become something of a "Gentle Giant". Shame really when we all know just what he is capable of when he's fired up.
Yes i agree....... time to give someone else a go and give Sutto a rest.

Last edited:

hunters

Juniors
I actually watched this game pretty closely.

Sutton from his expression and body language, clearly doesn't want to be out there.

I sincerely think his over footy altogether.
The 2 most telling things for me watching the game was (1) Sutton standing on the fringe of the rest of the huddle after the Sharks scored just before half time rather than being a senior leader and being in the middle and (2) just as half time was blown and they had Simon Woolford doing his bit you can clearly see Sutton being a distant last to jog back into the sheds.

Two really bad signs of his attitude in my opinion.

Zigwaa

Bench
The coach calls the shots as he is accountable for on-field performance. John Lang is in charge of team selections.

Guy's EVERY team in the NRL has to have a good performing Half Back and 5/8 to create and stear the team around the park. If you don't you are in the bottom of the ladder this is the key to a successfull Team, untill we have this we will never appear in the finals. If we suffer another loss on Sunday let's make the changes now not next season.

Stand And Be Counted !

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Sutton is an overated hack.

With the players on the sidelines, he needed to step up the last few weeks.
All he has done is add to the problem.

Sutton to the Bears, now.

Mr Fourex

Bench
If your specifically referring to me Rabbs then you are wrong.
Sutton is running out of chances, Souths are running out of excuses & us supporters are running out of patience.
However did you ever stop to think why Sutto is playing so poorly ?
There has to be a reason for it.

:lol: .......of course there is

HE'S SHIT !!!

inside_pass

Bench
John Sutton must have an attitude problem to play the way he does!
I honestly thought he'd eventually come good and he was still finding his feet in first grade but it's obvious he's not going to develop as a player anymore than where he's at!
He's been around for a while now and nothing's changing........he's actually going backwards.
It's a shame but maybe he needs to go to a different club to get a fresh start to revive his playing career.
He's played under a number of different coaches at Souths and nothing has changed with him which obviously shows that whatever they are telling him he can't do on a consistent basis.

One of those players that look so promising but just can't deliver!

doggie_4_life

Juniors
sutton has to go, not gonna happen. Didn't he just sign a new three year deal? and as far as i know maguire wants to coach him next year, i think he'll be alright if he's moved to lock and maguire puts a rocket up him

Galeforce

Bench
Sutton to Norths. He has always had the potential however at the moment there is a lack of any drive or real enthusiam. Sundays game was a time to step up and he of all players clearly was not there. Is this a bra boy dole mentality? Get him out of the top team and only put in back if shows by performance he wants it .

Spot On

Coach
He seems to be a protected species. His form is nearly extinct yet he is never under pressure from the boss it seems. And he gets a new contract (anyone know the dollar amount) for his lack of effort and results. Couldn't find a better gig than that. Not even on the board in clean six foot swell at the Bra!

BunnyManny

Juniors
There are no beaches in England for him to go there.

John Sutton is not a 5/8, he is a lock. He would be a great lock because he wouldn't have to get his hands on the ball as often. HE has a great offload but needs to run at the line a lot more. Very curious to see what Maguire does with him..

My Prediction is, He will be dropped.

GI will be named at five-eighth with Farrell & Corrigan in the centres but Nathan Peats will come off the bench into 6 and 18th man Ben Lowe will come into the team, Corrigan being the unlucky one.

Jubes

Juniors
I chuckle everytime I see that Coke Zero ad, not once have I ever see him doing anything close to that in a match. Souths resigned the wrong half.

smashedrabbit

Juniors
"Fair suck of the Sav" I didn't pay $300 a year for membership to be served this so-called football nearly every 2nd or 3rd week. In John Sutton's defence it's not his fault he is a member of a gang, which simply means he is a follower, not a leader.

Then there is the reality again that it's not his fault as it is clearly the fault of the past and present coaches we have had for the last couple of years who continue to put him in that 5/8 position. This actually means that all the fans can see what the so-called coaches clearly can't and that is he is not a 5/8. Instead of trying to help him they continue week in and out to put him in a position where he is clearly a liabilty and not an asset. I refuse to go to another game or rejoin next year if this crap is going to be served up by the coaching staff and so-called administration of Souths. I will finish by saying if Wayne Bennett was actually coaching where do you think he would have John Sutton? I'll take a wild guess and that is second row, lock and if he wasn't firing there every week he would be playing for Norths, first grade somewhere or out to pasture.

Latest posts