What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swap The Emblems

Jeffles

Bench
HPH, the "JETS" emblem has been worn on the breast, in the 1970s and 1980s. It's not a Superleague thing.

Jeffles

Bench
We must fight these friends of Super League, like Jeffles and his mate Izzo from taking away what is, as you describe, "Working Class Heritage".

Superleague? are you serious? I certainly was not a fan of that concept. You have no right judging me. As for izzo, I doubt a Souths fan would've enjoyed the saga.

I am suggesting a minor change in line with a past Newtown practice, whilst maintaining a strong link to the older days. It is hardly depriving of Heritage.

Unfortunately the inner west is being invaded by yuppies who want to take away what we hold dear to us. It seems that Izzo wants to sell "Salsa" on the hill, where will it all end?

The "N" will never go away

Of course it won't. I never said I wanted it to.

Now you're really deluded. izzo posts a picture of the Jets logo that happens to be on salsa bottle and you make this conclusion. I refer you to your GP to update your medication.

Newtown Ear, you are obvously some geriatric with an irrational sense of logic. You probably still worship Terry Lamb in his "heydays" for Western Suburbs, (a time during which Newtown had the Jets emblem on the breast). God help us if people such as you end up on the Newtown Board of Directors. I wouldn't want to be part of those back door shenanigans.

izzo

Juniors
Jeffles said:
We must fight these friends of Super League, like Jeffles and his mate Izzo from taking away what is, as you describe, "Working Class Heritage".

Superleague? are you serious? I certainly was not a fan of that concept. You have no right judging me. As for izzo, I doubt a Souths fan would've enjoyed the saga.

I am suggesting a minor change in line with a past Newtown practice, whilst maintaining a strong link to the older days. It is hardly depriving of Heritage.

Unfortunately the inner west is being invaded by yuppies who want to take away what we hold dear to us. It seems that Izzo wants to sell "Salsa" on the hill, where will it all end?

The "N" will never go away

Of course it won't. I never said I wanted it to.

Now you're really deluded. izzo posts a picture of the Jets logo that happens to be on salsa bottle and you make this conclusion. I refer you to your GP to update your medication.

Newtown Ear, you are obvously some geriatric with an irrational sense of logic. You probably still worship Terry Lamb in his "heydays" for Western Suburbs, (a time during which Newtown had the Jets emblem on the breast). God help us if people such as you end up on the Newtown Board of Directors. I wouldn't want to be part of those back door shenanigans.

Thats the only logo i found of the NY Jets so I posted it u

Blubagz

Juniors
The only one that is deluded around here is you Jeffles and this Izzo, who seems to be one of yor associates or maybe another one of your forum profiles. Never the less, both your and his reply dribble shit and seem to go around in circles rather then getting straight to the point. It is obvious no one on here wants a bar of your outrageous suggestion. So take your boyfriend Izzo's hand and go for a walk in the park cos your arent contributing anything here!

izzo

Juniors
Blubagz said:
The only one that is deluded around here is you Jeffles and this Izzo, who seems to be one of yor associates or maybe another one of your forum profiles. Never the less, both your and his reply dribble sh*t and seem to go around in circles rather then getting straight to the point. It is obvious no one on here wants a bar of your outrageous suggestion. So take your boyfriend Izzo's hand and go for a walk in the park cos your arent contributing anything here!

You fans can all have a little cry if we just suggested something different to do to the jersey. But at the end of the day we are the ones laughing because this realy dosent bother us. You must to 15-16? by your comments on 'you and your boyfriend'.

Has anyone ever heard of 'Free Speech; been able to share your opinion??

Diego

Juniors
Hi all,

this is my first post and my first visit to the jets forum. Good to see passion for the jets run thick and fast.

The jets logo should be changed ASAP. I have never liked the jets logo as it was derived from NY Jets at a time when the club was exercising their marketing strategy, lead by none other that John Singleton. He really tried to Americanise the club and aim at attracting the then generation of TV kids. He even brought out a gridiron player. The club was dying, the area changing and the demographics were tuned into other things.

Well that's how I see it.

I think it's really time to move forward and a whole new branding strategy put in place. Most clubs in both the NRL and AFL have adopted this and so have the organisations that run these comps. It's signals progress and change.

I say dump the current jets logo and incorporate the old N one with maybe a simple outline of a jet behind the N with jets written under it. I will do some mock ups later to give you an idea.

I actually bought myself a Jets trucker hat and have been amazed at how many people actually thought it was an authentic 1981 hat. People see the logo and remember the jets, but for the wrong reasons.

Time to move on and what better than a new logo!

Hope I havent offended anyone.

Peace. :)

Diego, you make some good points. However as a fan of a team that had it's soul ripped out during the Stupid League war (I was a Balmain fan) I was drawn to the Newtown club because of the history and tradition that surrounds the club. I understand that the club does need to move forward into the 21st century, but they also need to keep hold of the traditions that have kept them going for the past 97 years. If the RL supporters of the Inner West want "Razza-Matz" then they can pop down to Leichhardt Oval to see the latest Stupid League game.

I'm all for moving the Newtown club forward, BUT they must maintain the history of this great club. I feel that by moving the "N" again off the left breast they are taking a little piece of history away.

Bluebag

Juniors
Diego,

I prefer them as the bluebags and the N as a stand alone. Singo did not create the name or logo Frank Farrington did. Singo came in later in the 70's to promote the game and it is amazing how many people still remember Manfred Moore. It was also Farro who got Jack Gibson in touch with the US coaches as well. The Jets logo can stay as it is on the sleeve but the N must always be where it currently is.

Jeffles

Bench
I am pleased to have started a lively debate on this forum. The offensive statements of Newtown Ear and Blubagz do not add anything to this topic. They rely on flase accusations and cheap taunts. If anything, that is not acceptable on this forum. What I admire about Newtown fans is that we have been able to engage in debates full of spirit over the two forums. I hope that continues.

I accept that people may disagree with me and for the most part, Bluebag, HPH and 2 True Blues have come up with sensible comments and criticisms against my stance. That is welcome.

The support of Mono mal, izzo in providing reasonable support for my argument. I'll reiterate my argument. I am not arguing for a change in the emblem or the removal of the emblem. I am arguing for a consistency that stilll recognises heritage. It is an academic argument and thank Christ these are the little things we worry about unlike other clubs that have greater turmoil.

Go the Jets!