What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swimming

Didgi

So we've got one gold already in the pool, can Magnussen and the boys keep it going?

I wonder wtf is going on with the 16y.o. Chinese girl that blitzed the World Record too.

i hope she did it legal.

anyyway, magnussen tonight. is phelps back in the pool tonight?

so many f**king channels. i dont know what to watch lol

Great swim for the C-bomb , new OR in the 100 back heats , almost a WR.

Australia may have a good shot in the 4 x 100 meadey for women as well.

skeepe

Immortal
If you're going to call the Olympics, you should be able to pronounce the names of the countries.

skeepe

Immortal
:lol: the Hadleyisms keep on coming...

"and there's a nice shot of the girls touching."

Danish

Referee
Came from nowhere to smash the world record and is 16 y.o. That's always going to be suss when it's a Chinese swimmer.

They've already won more medals in the pool than they have at the last 3 Olympics combined, including this kid improving her PB by like 6 seconds in 4 months.

Seems legit

Danish

Referee
:lol: the Hadleyisms keep on coming...

"and there's a nice shot of the girls touching."

:lol:

I noticed that one too.

Bothhadley and Wilson are also big on saying "according to my calculations" or "if I recall correctly" before reading out whatever stat they've clearly just been handed as though they actually know anything about the sport :lol:

skeepe

Immortal
He's basically given up saying the names of most of the swimmers after mangling that Thai girl's name.

To be fair Junkrajang looks quite challenging to say, although how he got Junkarangjank I'll never know.

Pretty good start for the Aussies this morning. Couts with a bronze in the 100 fly and sprenger with a surprise silver in the men's 100 m breaststroke.

Interestingly as Hackett mentioned , we may have a shot of becoming the first team of defeating the US in the 4 x 100 medley in olympic history after sprengers performance.

Sprenger
Magnussen
Stoeckel
Wright