What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swing Low....

greeneyed

First Grade
I agree, this is an awful English rugby song. We shouldn't have anything to do with it. We have had enough of this rugby union rubbish, without bringing it into our game..... sorry to all those who disagree... but that's how I feel.

Raider_69 said:
YAY!
IM JOINED BY ANOTHER

THAT MAKES 2 NOW!
wheres MitchSGB?!
he was a solid drew believer

I am everywhere, still a drew believer...

How could one not be after playing him in the video game, the nugget can break a tackle I tells ya! And there is no sign of kangaroo like arms :D

mono_mal

Juniors
sorry stu mate but i dont think i'll be joining you in singing this one.
whilst i congratulate you on your creativity the song stinks of the twickehnham mob and i dont want to even come close to being associated with that crowd.
have a go at getting some more together though.
i'm currently thinking of producing a song book for next year so the more songs the better.

thickos

First Grade
mono_mal said:
whilst i congratulate you on your creativity the song stinks of the twickehnham mob and i dont want to even come close to being associated with that crowd.
i'm currently thinking of producing a song book for next year so the more songs the better.
Hehe yeah I hate the union crowd too it just all came together with the lyrics fitting quite nicely. If I have offended anyone I apologise - I hate union too people! 8)
A song book is a top idea, I'm not gonna be offended if 'green chariot' doesnt make it ;-) Get 'Too Good to be Drew' in there though, that's straight from the top shelf lol

Phoenix_Raider

Juniors
mono_mal said:
I don't know if it was you or someone that rejected my idea of a song book saying there was really no need for it or something :p
But yeah, get onto that book!

mono_mal

Juniors
a song book of sorts can currently be found on the SGB section on rleague.com
though i am actually thinking of producing a song book in paper format that fans can bring to games to familiarise themselves with the various songs and chants.
the problem though is funding.
though if we are to implemement a $5 membership fee to become an OFFICIAL member of the SGB this would surely cover the costs and also provide funding for new banners and flags.
we could possibly look in to advertising within the book also.
could any SGB'ers please reply to this post so i can work out who is who?
cheers

Raider_69

Post Whore
im not a reggie at the games but i would definatly cough up a bit of dosh to help fund the SGB

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
we should do these banners

"Dont Cross the Boss"
"Getta outta his Waymen"

They probably will end up being made...but i was talking about the actual Sydney Green Brigade Banner...as the one we previously had was stolen at the Bulldogs vs Raiders clash at the showground... :roll:

mono_mal

Juniors
i think a new SGB banner is currently being made.
Ben (aka You've Been Raided) said he would have a go of making one after the break.
and ultra whilst it may sound stupid we now have too many songs and too many new members to continue as we do with only certain people knowing the songs.
even if the song books are kept at home then thats fine. but the point is for the whole group to be familiar with the songs so we can sound the best possible on the day to offer the best support possible to the raiders.
a grounds guide could also be included and also a sgb history article.

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
Raider Ultra said:
Yeah, as long as theyre not present at the match. You'll look like a bunch of altar boys as opposed to footy fans!

:lol: :lol: i can just picture that... other teams would nickname us the SGC instead "Sydney Green Choir" :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
lol
yea, i can see it now
just a bunch of people in green singing from a book!!

would be good to have a book, just might be an idea to keep em at home or in the bad ;-)