What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sydney District Junior League 2024

rightleftin

Juniors
Posting team numbers and comparing to last year. A boring task but I’m resilient. 2023 teams in ()

so far

Cronulla 428 (391)

St George 108 (90)
A good result - A Grade & Under 18's is up by 7 teams, which is the number in the "emerging cup". This competition was played for several years in the past but lapsed in recent times. This comp is open to players with very little experience in club footy. Last year the Under 18's ran a 4 team in the Gold Division but this year there are only 3 in Gold and 4 in Silver, so perhaps another district might join say South Sydney.

Vlad59

Juniors
A good result - A Grade & Under 18's is up by 7 teams, which is the number in the "emerging cup". This competition was played for several years in the past but lapsed in recent times. This comp is open to players with very little experience in club footy. Last year the Under 18's ran a 4 team in the Gold Division but this year there are only 3 in Gold and 4 in Silver, so perhaps another district might join say South Sydney.
Yeah I don’t think they are final numbers.

Vlad59

Juniors
Group 6 300 (300)

total 1695 so far (last years total was 2795). Potential to reach 3000

Last edited:

Vlad59

Juniors
Manly 187 (175)
North’s 117 (118)
Souths 192 (196)
Balmain 170 (157)

Last edited:

RedVee

First Grade
That seems to be what the tigers are doing these days. Do we then add Balmain?
I guess yes if talking about WT, but no if talking about regions.
At the senior level the old Campbelltown clubs became Wests and have now effectively merged with Group 6. So Campbelltown City Kangaroos would play against G6 clubs now.
the junior / kids level is I think still seperate - but my son (he is 30 now) isn’t involved anymore so I don’t watch it now.

Be interesting to see the Illawarra & Sth Coast numbers when they become available.

Vlad59

Juniors
I guess yes if talking about WT, but no if talking about regions.
At the senior level the old Campbelltown clubs became Wests and have now effectively merged with Group 6. So Campbelltown City Kangaroos would play against G6 clubs now.
the junior / kids level is I think still seperate - but my son (he is 30 now) isn’t involved anymore so I don’t watch it now.

Be interesting to see the Illawarra & Sth Coast numbers when they become available.
The Illawarra south coast numbers are available. I’ll look at later. Agree re west’s: group 6

Latest posts