What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sydney is Red, White and Blue

siv

First Grade
No interest - not even with free tickets

It's a TV product

Game might as well be in Adelaide. Port Adelaide Rooster fans could then attend

myrrh ken

First Grade
When I went to watch the Roosters Souths game I could not believe how new and crisp the jerseys were on the "die hard" Rooters fans.

King hit

Coach
Having lived in both, I don't miss Sydney one bit.

I went to Canberra for a couple of days this year and used to go a bit as a kid. Seeing with an older perspective I found it pretty dead with nothing really happening. Besides going to the Raiders, seeing the war memorial and visiting the parliament houses i found it pretty dull. Very cold to and it wasn’t winter yet.

There is a possibility I might have to live in Sydney but who knows what might happen.

Sydney neutrals, fans of Rugby League, should get to the SCG on Saturday for the Grand Final replay.

Sure, you hate both teams. Scum and villainy, sombreros, etc.
BUT

You get to see 1 of them crash and burn. One of these dirtbag teams won't be playing on Grand Final day.
Will it be Cam Smith going out as a loser, or Roosters choking on yet another failed premiership run.
This is one for schadenfreude fans.

The quality of footy should be, will be excellent.
These are undoubtedly the best 2 teams of the last 3 years. 1st and 2nd place on the ladder, 3 years in a row, a Grand Final win each. Melbourne going for 4 Grand Finals running. Both teams defying the idea that boring footy wins with brilliant attacking pieces all year.
If you appreciate quality football, this should be the peak.

Tickets are only $25.
Very reasonably priced GA, $65 for a family pass. Or for a few $ more the elevated Cat 3 seats will have a fine view, even for the SCG.

Weather predicted to be fine and the pub crawl from Central up Foveaux St is 5 star
With the KB down for renos and the Captain Cook shut down recently, the best route goes
Aurora -> El Loco -> Forresters -> White Horse OR The Clock -> Carrington -> PG Gallaghers EQ. Good luck.
Or the the family oriented, hit up one of the Eastern suburbs many fine beaches before taking the kids to the footy.

Flame away! :cool: :D

Great post. We deserve more than 2k when we take the field. Meet you out the back of the MA Noble stand for a pre game Pimms mate?

horrie hastings

First Grade
It would be difficult if you're relying on roosters crowds for business.

Had a few there before the Souffs Chooks game. More Souffs fans than chooks fans there.

Well South's playing at the SFS( or SCG now )once or twice a year wouldn't be enough to support the Captain Cook, lol. Most of the Roosters supporters I know who have a drink before the game drink up at the pubs at Paddington or do the pub crawl up from Central. Thought the Swans crowd may have had packed out the Captain Cook. The pub that surprised me is the Olympic Hotel on Moore Park Rd, used to be packed before any game in the precinct but now an absolute ghost town when I walk past.

Last edited:

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
When I went to watch the Roosters Souths game I could not believe how new and crisp the jerseys were on the "die hard" Rooters fans.

You do realise that we can afford to buy new jerseys every year because we have money, as opposed to Souths fans who can only afford to buy a new jersey every 20 years.

A mate of mine was talking to Peter Wynn after the 2014 Grand Final. He told him how the Grand Final result was a disaster for him, they had rows and rows of Souths jerseys and merchandise to sell and couldn't move them for love nor money. If any other Sydney team won the comp, it would sell out in no time. Souths fans just don't have the cash to spend.

wazdog

Juniors
You do realise that we can afford to buy new jerseys every year because we have money, as opposed to Souths fans who can only afford to buy a new jersey every 20 years.

A mate of mine was talking to Peter Wynn after the 2014 Grand Final. He told him how the Grand Final result was a disaster for him, they had rows and rows of Souths jerseys and merchandise to sell and couldn't move them for love nor money. If any other Sydney team won the comp, it would sell out in no time. Souths fans just don't have the cash to spend.

The facts tell a different story. The Rabbitohs 2014 financial statements show that merchandise sales were $4.9m (up 34% compared to 2013).

It was also reported that we were the most profitable sporting club in Australia for merchandise sales.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/rabbitohs-show-why-you-should-try-this-at-home-20140425-zqzf1.html

The club heavily promotes using their online store / buying direct from their merchandise shop as it results in more money going to the club.

Latest posts