What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Symonds named in Test squad

lockyno1

Post Whore
you didnt answer the question there sir twizzle

imo I doubt very much Roy would have been dropped if Sunshine was still out injured and not been able to make indian tour, so i reckon he loves Sunshine moreso than Roy

Everyone loves Sunshine more!:D

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
you didnt answer the question there sir twizzle

imo I doubt very much Roy would have been dropped if Sunshine was still out injured and not been able to make indian tour, so i reckon he loves Sunshine moreso than Roy

I was referring to Roy being included in the test team going back about 3 years, not the recent Indian tour

I thought thats what TT was asking

TimmyB

Juniors
I'm skeptical as to whether or not it's the correct decision or not. I suppose time will tell.

What really frustrates me is this myth that Symonds is going to be the panacea for Australia's problems. Like his presence in India would have had a dramatic effect on the outcome of the series. Our issues are predominantly in the bowling department. Symonds sending down his benign off spinners or even worse his gentle medium pacers would have presented little problems for the Indians.

ozbash

Referee
Like his presence in India would have had a dramatic effect on the outcome of the series.

lol, would have started a few riots and made the effigy makers millionaires..

aussies1st

Staff member
I'm skeptical as to whether or not it's the correct decision or not. I suppose time will tell.

What really frustrates me is this myth that Symonds is going to be the panacea for Australia's problems. Like his presence in India would have had a dramatic effect on the outcome of the series. Our issues are predominantly in the bowling department. Symonds sending down his benign off spinners or even worse his gentle medium pacers would have presented little problems for the Indians.

Our batting was just as bad tbh. He is a good player of spin and was in good form so who knows what he could have done with the bat. Plus his spin would have been more handy than White.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

I agree, and I thinks its a sign of pure desperation and panic from the selectors to pick an out of form player, especially in an area where we don't need depth, being the all round department.

We are now reading that both all rounders could be picked. I dont think players that cant dominate with either bat or ball are going to strengthen our team too much.

Having said that, we need alot more from Lee and Clarke in this series.

ryanallen

Juniors
Roy has never done anything for Queensland. Its when he is playing for his country he steps up. Was he doing much before 2003 world cup? He still got picked and looked what happened.

Good luck Roy.. Kill em

OVP

Coach
I'm more worried that Siddle was picked over Bracken and Bollinger

Very true. Our team won't improve until we get rid of the selectors ... ALL OF THEM. It appears there is a very strong anti-NSW feeling amongst these clowns. New selection panel ... Steve Waugh, Doug Walters, Glenn McGrath ... that'll f**k the anti-NSW wankers :lol:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Very true. Our team won't improve until we get rid of the selectors ... ALL OF THEM. It appears there is a very strong anti-NSW feeling amongst these clowns. New selection panel ... Steve Waugh, Doug Walters, Glenn McGrath ... that'll f**k the anti-NSW wankers :lol:

I love it :lol:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Johnson is younger. Bracken is behind Hilfy, Tait, and Siddle at least, not to mention more in form 4 day bowlers like Maggoffin

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Who gives a f**k how young Johnson is, he is still sh*t. If thats the case Bollinger is younger than Johnson :eek: So Doug it is then :D

lockyno1

Post Whore
Fine, as I said I am happy to give all the younger options a go as I don't feel Johnson has made the most of his chances, but not Bracken- he is 30 and age will catch up with him and is only really a short term defensive fix.

I never bought into this "he's younger give him a go, he's one for the future." If he's one for the future, pick him then...in the future. Throwing someone in too early will set him back 5 years and they won't develop properly.

Latest posts