What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

T-rex should have a incentive based contract

I've brought this up in another thread, IMO the NRL grant/salary cap should be based on the final position on the premiership ladder. Every player should have a fixed wage (or every team an nrl grant/salary cap) based on getting the wooden spoon, and the rest as a bonus, depending on the team's final position.
In that case, not just t-rex, but every player would be motivated to do the best they can for their team.

The Eagle

Juniors
Ezo, Canterbury are paying She-Rex $650k, not just a measly $500k, he was on $400k at manly and we offered him $500k but mummy and daddy needed more money from their kid to pay for the rest of the family and that was that, i'm happy we "lost" the heartless kid

GeorgieRose

Juniors
Ezo, Canterbury are paying She-Rex $650k, not just a measly $500k, he was on $400k at manly and we offered him $500k but mummy and daddy needed more money from their kid to pay for the rest of the family and that was that, i'm happy we "lost" the heartless kid

:clap::clap::clap: Couldnt agree more The Eagle... Why would any one pay that much for such an inconsistent player.

God-King Dean

Immortal
He will prove a lot of people wrong.

No doubt he's not a footballer & naturally lazy - but he'll thrive under coaches like Hasler, Bellamy, & Bennett. They don't play that shit.

gunpk

Juniors
I dont think it's just manly fans critisizing him. He's actually good when he is on but most games it looks like he cant be bothered.
Look at the size of him. anytime he gets a decent run up to take the ball he always breaks tackles but instead, he catches the ball standing still than tries to push players away.
There are some fearless smaller players who would love a physique like his

StormHi

Juniors
Dogs signing TRex is on par with the titans signing Taylor both in the running for boneheaded purchase of the year.

betcats

Referee

I agree he is not worth what he is getting and is a pea heart waste of god given gifts but what is with the whole Mummy and Daddy bit? Typical butthurt imo, 150k is a lot of money for most, can't blame for taking the money to play with the coach who got the best out of him.

It is a good move financially and footballing wise from his perspective. How do you know these figures anyway?

The Eagle

Juniors
I agree he is not worth what he is getting and is a pea heart waste of god given gifts but what is with the whole Mummy and Daddy bit? Typical butthurt imo, 150k is a lot of money for most, can't blame for taking the money to play with the coach who got the best out of him.

It is a good move financially and footballing wise from his perspective. How do you know these figures anyway?

I'm glad he has gone, i'm annoyed with the fact that Dogsler made sure he was still paid by Manly when he knew both would be gone

The figures were well documented

betcats

Referee
I'm glad he has gone, i'm annoyed with the fact that Dogsler made sure he was still paid by Manly when he knew both would be gone

The figures were well documented

By who? the Telegraph? riight. I dont really care anyway, its just guys like doggiesbro and bunniesman get laughed out of threads for their supposed knowledge of contract sizes.

Dogsler lol wtf, lookout anyone who turns their back on Manly, you will be instantly hated by the scum fans. It was your stupid board that didnt re-sign him earlier in the year.

firechild

First Grade
Couldn't care less that he's gone and there's no point dwelling on it. T-Rex made the right decision financially and the Dogs seem happy to pay him top dollar to possibly be the laziest player in their squad. Fact is the bloke has massive potential so he's never going to get an incentive based contract. If every other club worked out that he's just a useless log for 90% of the season Parra would still be falling over themselves to offer him a massive contract so the bloke will never go hungry.

Latest posts