What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tackling from behind

maccattack

Juniors
Any tips on tackling from behind?

If the oposition breaks yr line it seems to be impossible to catch them.

This is happenning whether im playing the computer or a human player.

i have xbox version.

This is my one gripe with the game.

umosay

Juniors
just get control of the fullback and hang back about 10-20m, and then when the player breaks the line start running backwards with him, if he has no support tackle him, if he does have support keep drifting across to the side hes passing until your Defence line has time to get back

NPK

Bench
It's still difficult to do try saving tackles as the fullback because just as you've lined him up, he does a sidestep and the fullback always falls for it.

Monkey

Juniors
from what i've played, get in distance then use aggresive tackle. it tends to pull em down more often

maccattack

Juniors
none of that works.

you cant get control of the FB. he should sit further back but doesnt.

if the opposition break yr line and get a run on. there is nothing you can do to catch them.

any player you select slows down.

bartman

Immortal
The secret is not to select a player, and let the AI autorun your chasers. When one of them gets close, press the tackle button, maybe aggressive tackle if you think you need to/want to?

If it's a fast opposition player making the break (wing, centre, fullback) you're unlikely to catch them if they had start (like real league). But if it's your fast players, chasing one of their not so fast players, you can pull 'em down quite often.

That's on PC, but I assume it's the same for all platforms....

NPK

Bench
I have seen that teleporting too. At least you stop a try from being scored though :)

One of the coolest things I have seen in this game is when a player offloads when being flung to the ground in an aggressive tackle. I think that looks pretty nice.

ive had guys teleport as well as slide - whats with the slide?, my penrith wingers couldn't chase down a sliding richard villisanti who side 80m to the try line :?

MadEaglesFan

Juniors
yeh i gotta agree with the speed of the AI. on legend its near-impossible to catch the AI or even score a long distance try. i broke the line wif scott donald 60meters out and i got caught by o'meley 20meters out.

NPK

Bench
Yea that's quite silly. There should be other ways of making the game more difficult on the higher levels without making the AI players superhuman.