What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tahu out for 4 weeks

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
OMG....arnt we gettting the injuries at the wrong end of the season....ahh well, life goes on and so does parra....im sure ashely would do just fine at right center lol

mickdo

Coach
Prodigal Eel said:
OMG....arnt we gettting the injuries at the wrong end of the season....ahh well, life goes on and so does parra....im sure ashely would do just fine at right center lol
True, but we are also getting players back from injury as well. Morro's injury looks like it won't keep him out, and Wade hopefully should be back next week along with Vella. Realistically the worst we have is Tahu, and big a loss as that is, at least he would be back in the finals when we need him most.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Petersen will also be returning against the Raiders.

also maybe Tahu's injury isn't that bad or at very least he can still play with it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Prodigal Eel said:

well! the good thing is, they're not long term injuries and it's a character building situation we're in and we need to rise above it not only as a team but as a club. We'll be fine.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Saints have Cooper out and we have TIT out, so I guess that pretty much evens it up

Depends who thier other centre is, whether its worth playing Delaney

What a game to make a debut.

Interresting that Cannings is 17 and Fumiester is 18, Cannings may have just snuck in.

The_Coach

Juniors
Wagon against Gasnier, Smith against Torrens.

We know what direction both teams will be attacking on sunday.

Hurriflatch

Referee
to be fair it was the same last weekend and look what happened

It could be a omen tho

This year in games Fui has played but was not named in the 17 on Tuesday (in games played in Australia)

50-12 v Cowboys
56-4 v Bulldogs

Stagger eel

Staff member
Twizzle said:
Saints have Cooper out and we have TIT out, so I guess that pretty much evens it up

Depends who thier other centre is, whether its worth playing Delaney

What a game to make a debut.

Interresting that Cannings is 17 and Fumiester is 18, Cannings may have just snuck in.

there's alot of uncertainty surrounding the last 2 bench spots, we definetly won't know until 2pm on sunday as to who's playing.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
I'd expect Benny to line up against Gasnier with Wags playing on the right with Grothe, ie. where they spent the first part of the season together. Left side is Benny's preferred side of the field anyway.

WA Eel

Juniors
I would not debut Delaney against Gasnier. He's likely to be torn to shreds and that would probably set his development back quite a bit. Wagon to the centres is the right move by Smith.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
all im hearing is gasnier this gasnier that....he is good but OMG its like his god!!!!
All we have do is stop the ball spreading wide...i.e.an up an in defence and gasnier will do sh*t all....get angry and have a sh*t game!

MarkInTheStands said:
Gamesmanship anyone ?

Im with you on this one Mark. Hopefully its a Smithy smokescreen.

After watching all of the interviews with Tahu on Friday, I never once heard him say "I have a problem with my hand".

Fingers crossed, Smithy is playing games. Only time will tell.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Tahu's not the type to have mentioned anything. I very much doubt that it is gamesmanship and it is a big loss... Big League had him as the player of the round in Rnd 22 and I'm expecting him to be named player of the round again for his effort last Friday.

Miss_Eels

Juniors
Dammit! He found some form and now this. I really hope NorthshoreEel is right thought because I would feel alot better with him on the side. If not, atleast we'll have him back for the finals

bartman

Immortal
Dilemma... I'd opt for Wags in the centres this week, and keep Robinson at lock.

Next week versus Raiders look at Delaney, Williams, Graham, Petersen options in the backline if this week doesn't work well?

Latest posts