What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Take that Tigers!!!

Breathingfire

Juniors
That would have to be the most satisfying win in the regular rounds I have seen in all my time as a Dragons supporter. As most of you know my favourite player is B Moz and didn't he carve up!!! I thought Kyle Stanley's defence in the centres was absolutely phenomenal. Merrin played the best game i've seen him play. Weyman was bending the line for the first time since early 2010. Bubby was marvelous. Latimore played brilliantly off the bench. Vidot pushed Moltzen after he scored. Benji got smashed in the head. Beau Ryan got smashed in the head. Farrah was bleeding. Fulton made a number of errors. Soward took the game by the balls. The script just couldn't be written any better. There is some character in this club!:D

They looked hungrier tonight then they did all last year. The line speed in defence was the best i've seen in a long long long time and I mean before Bennett. They offloaded and threw the ball around but still defended stoutly.

vookie

Juniors
You guys played awesome tonight, we were rubbish. Congratulations on your win, you guys deserved it.

The Nick

Bench
I think we dodged a bullet on the Tim Moltzen signing, he was rubbish!!! Catch and pass, run backwards, terrible stuff!!!

InThatNumber

Juniors
That kind of attitude each week is going to take this team far this season... forget 2013 and who we might or might not sign... there were enough good signs there tonight to show Saints are far from a spent force... now aim up against the premiers on Saturday night...

stg666

Juniors
what an absolutely fantastic show of how to turn things around. be VERY proud everyone involved...........looking forward to seeing tiger paul, the paper truck driver down on the far south coast.

Efresh

Coach
That would have to be the most satisfying win in the regular rounds I have seen in all my time as a Dragons supporter.

Lets not get carried away, late in 2009 we beat the Storm at jubilee and stamped ourselves as real contenders. For me, that was the best regular season win. Not only did we beat the premiers, (runners up?) but we beat them while they were cheating and still had GI.

Breathingfire

Juniors
Lets not get carried away, late in 2009 we beat the Storm at jubilee and stamped ourselves as real contenders. For me, that was the best regular season win. Not only did we beat the premiers, (runners up?) but we beat them while they were cheating and still had GI.

I didn't make a statement, I made a value judgement entirely of my own. We've played better before, but tonight came off the back of one of the ugliest losses in recent memory. I love the character we showed and this game tonight meant a lot to me as a supporter.

Dragoness

Juniors
haha Breathingfire, I feel the same about tonights game & effort by all the boys, they all put in 100%, they looked hungry!! & showed they do respect Price as a coach

Ok, can we now stop with the winging about all the negatives re Beau leaving or the BS about Cam King leaving... because tonight proved we have plenty of potential & they would have got a lot of confidence out of tonight

redvwhite

Juniors
:lol: You're hard to please.

anyway we dodged a bullet with him like one of the earlier posters said, tiny timid tim.

Correction. we may have well dodged a bullet. Just as the last two weeks have proven, a week, let alone the season is a long time in rugby league. Moltzen may well hit form and come back to haunt us and other teams. He may not. I am just saying.

But as for tonight, Tough tittles Tim.

Breathingfire

Juniors
He is soft c**k of the lowest class. To do what he did to St George, well he is pure scum. I would have liked to see one of the forwards take his f**king head off. I really like the dirty shit in tackles. I think Merrin's definitely had intention and I liked it. Every now and then you have to ruffle the feathers of the opposition. Manly do it really well, even better than Melbourne. Bring back the biff hahaha (I hate Matty Johns)

I wasn't born to see it but apparently Terry Lamb took Hanley out deliberately with a swinging arm and I rekon if we play the Tigers in the finals this year we should put Miller on the bench and send him onto to field with one intention. To take Benji's head off. I think its an effective tactic and one that is in the spirit of playing a scum bag team like the Tigers.

Last edited:

Minh

First Grade
Correction. we may have well dodged a bullet. Just as the last two weeks have proven, a week, let alone the season is a long time in rugby league. Moltzen may well hit form and come back to haunt us and other teams. He may not. I am just saying.

tiny timid can get stuffed, he should be allowed nowhere near a Red V and I don't care if he turns out to be Billy Slater he can get stuffed. I agree long season ahead can't get ahead of ourselves.

Go The Mighty Dragons!!!:)

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
He is soft c**k of the lowest class. To do what he did to St George, well he is pure scum. I would have liked to see one of the forwards take his f**king head off. I really like the dirty shit in tackles. I think Merrin's definitely had intention and I liked it. Every now and then you have to ruffle the feathers of the opposition. Manly do it really well, even better than Melbourne. Bring back the biff hahaha (I hate Matty Johns)

I wasn't born to see it but apparently Terry Lamb took Hanley out deliberately with a swinging arm and I rekon if we play the Tigers in the finals this year we should put Miller on the bench and send him onto to field with one intention. To take Benji's head off. I think its an effective tactic and one that is in the spirit of playing a scum bag team like the Tigers.

You're all class, supercoach. Gameplan: Play with a man down for 50 or 60 minutes. Genius!

hybrid_tiger

Coach

Correction. You dodged the bullet better than Neo did in The Matrix.

I said it at the time last year, I said it before the game, I say it after the game. Moltzen is a liability, a passenger. No idea why you wanted him in the first place. Unfortunately for us we still have him. He offers nothing.

Congrats on the win, you belted us. Just way too good.

moik

Bench
I wasn't born to see it but apparently Terry Lamb took Hanley out deliberately with a swinging arm
I remember it well and there's a funny story to go with it.

1988 grand final. Early in the game Ellery Hanley is smashed by Terry Lamb. He's taken to the sideline and the trainer is trying to realign his brain.
Bulldogs are well on top. Tigers need their star back on.
Trainer asks hanley, "What day is it?"
Hanley says, "Tuesday"
Trainer says "close enough, on you go"