What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taqele Naiyaravoro

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I'm just seeking any comments from people who have seen this guy play.

He is a big unit just looking at his stats but I have never seen him play so I was just wanting to know from those who have seen him what are his chances of breaking into the top grade this year.

He sounds like he could be another Tony Williams type player. He is described as a wide running second rower and with our small pack is there any chance for him this year?

Any thoughts.....

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I guess I wouldn't mind finding out opinions on Ava Seumanufagai as well, he is also a big unit, any chances of him getting a serious run this year or is he just likely to fill in for when Keith Galloway gets the inevitable injury?

I'm just seeking any comments from people who have seen this guy play.

He is a big unit just looking at his stats but I have never seen him play so I was just wanting to know from those who have seen him what are his chances of breaking into the top grade this year.

He sounds like he could be another Tony Williams type player. He is described as a wide running second rower and with our small pack is there any chance for him this year?

Any thoughts.....

Played in the final trial if im not mistaken and is massive...maybe 125kg...but looked way way way out of his depth.

innsaneink

Referee
People see a giant with speed and think thats all thats reqd.
He's got a way to go before he plays NRL imo....maybe a bit more work
Didnt see any ball on the wing v Parra, didnt go looking for it either

Vic Mackey

Referee
His 25 mins against the roosters was probably the worst 25 mins I've ever seen from an nrl player. I don't know if there are stats from the game but it would have read

* 6 handling errors
* 1 carry

Majere

Juniors
His 25 mins against the roosters was probably the worst 25 mins I've ever seen from an nrl player. I don't know if there are stats from the game but it would have read

* 6 handling errors
* 1 carry

Agreed Vic, looked like a drunk bear on rollerskates... it was awful to watch.

Has not got it.

gronkathon

First Grade
For mine he is most effective as a prop, was last years year.

This wing experiment failed last year and is likely to fail this year.

I would assume when Reddy drops back it will push Simona to the wing and T into the pack

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
Aahhh Mr. Naiyayavaro.

He played here at my local club Otahuhu Leopards in 2010 and starred on the wing, that season we won the top local competition Fox Memorial. It was understood he came to us from yawnion. I'll say what i guess you guys have already seen, he has very dodgy hands, I was surprised to hear that the Tigers picked him up the next year but we all thought with good coaching he could be a really good player.

macnaz

Staff member
I must say TNT had woeful hands when he first came on the scene. So perhaps we shouldnt give up on T just yet.

Vic Mackey

Referee
The TNT bad hands thing is a complete myth IMO. I watched a lot of lower grades back then and from the instant I saw him he looked like he had it. People were saying he had bad hands and was slow to turn and chase but I never saw it. They were just stereo typing him.

I hardly saw any nsw cup last year but from what I did taqele has never liked like he had it. In the 20s he killed it but many big islanders do. He is someone you need to work on for in the lower grades for a minimum 12 more months.

gronkathon

First Grade
He was always a 2 - 3 year project. It is just the way he is. He was slow on th transition to League and he still has theat moments hesitation.

TNT struggled when in the pack in NSW Cup but excelled in the backs. The same is opposite for Big T

Latest posts