What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taulima TAUTAI -

parra pete

Referee
cardinal said:
Even if it is just speculation at this stage I would appreciate any info anyone has on young Lett. He did'nt seem to play much footy this year maybe an injury? What sort of syle a player is he?

I first saw Mick Lett play for NSW at Lang Park on SOO 1 in an Under 17 match in 2004. He put Jarryd Hayne in for FOUR tries that night- Greg Inglis was fullback for Qld..I thought to myself ...boy this kid can play.
I spoke with Jim Banaghan a couple of weeks ago, and asked him what had happened to Mick Lett..He told me he was going to the Warriors. I don't know if he (M Lett) is in Jim's stable or not.. but will find out.
Mick is a cousin of Ken and Kev McGuinness, similar build, similar style. Has played first grade (not many) games with the Roosters. He was brought to the Club by Arthur Beetson who has a huge wrap on him. I agree,in my opinion he is one talented player.
He hasn't played much this year ..I don't know why not.. (I do now, see below***)

Under 17s: QUEENSLAND v NEW SOUTH WALES (SOO 2004)

MAROONS: Greg Inglis; Anthony Perkins, Junior Sau, Steven Michaels, Richard Brewster; Michael Bond, Murray Emmerson; Paoa Faamita, Mark Offerdahl, Mark Offerdahl, Brendan Hoare, Kurtis Curry, Matt Francis, James PritchardRes: Greg Eastwood, Scott Boltan, Charlie Fetoai, Rodney Griffin.

BLUES: Shannon McDonnell; Ben Jeffrey, Geoff Daniela, Michael Lett, Jarryd Hayne; Jarrod Mullen, Dean Caldwell; Mitch Anthony, Jacob Ling, Rhys Lovegrove, Brendan Hlad, Craig Priestly, Justin Wood.Res: Chad Isles, Joel Barton, Dean Rysko, Yileen Gordon.

Teams to play at Darwin, Saturday, October 8 2005JUNIOR KANGAROOS: William Zillman, Leon Bott*, Yileen Gordon, Beau Champion, Michael Lett, Jarrod Mullen, Todd Carney, Luke Douglas, James Aubusson, Danny Williams, Mickey Paea, Scott Bolton*, Scott Anderson*. Interchange: Steven Michaels*, Col Wilkie*, Jeremy Latimore, Ryan Shortland*. Coach: Brian Johnson.

***Winger Michael Lett suffered a serious ankle injury twenty minutes into the first half which compounded the Jets' misadventures on a forgettable evening for the club. (April 3, 2006 V Manly)

Stagger eel

Staff member
at one stage Mick Lett was going to the Warriors but they dropped off and signed Michael Crocket instead.

1eyedeel

Juniors
Regarding Michael Lett, Arthur Beetson was asked to pick the one young player he thought would be a future star and he picked Lett. I think Artie's about as good a judge of footy talent as there is. Hayne + Inu + Lett = 1 Bloody Bright Future

cardinal

Juniors
Thanks for that detailed description Pete he sounds like a beauty, only problem now is I have really got my hopes up that he signs for the Eels.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Big Mick © said:
McConkie was a Penrith junior whose career spiralled as soon as he joined the Roosters.

He is still only 19-20 I think...so he should still have enough time to recover his career.

With all due respect, he hasn't had a career.. How does your career spiral when you have only played Flegg and Schoolboy football? :roll: He won a Flegg Grand Final at the Roosters and played a Premier League Grand Final.. He played pretty well in his time at the Roosters but never looked ready to make the step up..

Galeforce

Bench
interesting to hear definite news ,suppose this will occur after the grandfinal.I had heard Lett and Tautai were going to Souths.

The Eel

Juniors
Hi all

I have been out of the loop for 5 weeks due to a hip operation.

If this has been asked before, I am sorry, but what can you tell me about this guy? Where is he from, what position does he play? Weight etc?

Thanks

The Eel

Stagger eel

Staff member
Galeforce said:
interesting to hear definite news ,suppose this will occur after the grandfinal.I had heard Lett and Tautai were going to Souths.

are you looking for a media release?? I would say there wouldn't be one forthcoming for second tier signings and when you first raised this thread on Friday I asked someone close to the club about Tautai and they revealed he was signed and looking at extending his contract as well as the others that were mentioned..

I guess we'll know for certain early next year..when trial matches are played.

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Eel said:
Hi all

I have been out of the loop for 5 weeks due to a hip operation.

If this has been asked before, I am sorry, but what can you tell me about this guy? Where is he from, what position does he play? Weight etc?

Thanks

The Eel

Hi mate...hope you're feeling better.

which player are you refering too?? Tautai or the new signings??

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I thought he had a good game, and he's still pretty young

he made a lot of metres

The Eel

Juniors
Hi me again

You have all just helped me with my enquiry on Tautai. He was the bloke in number 4 with the head gear, right?

Actually, Marcus P came to visit me in rehab last week and was telling me about the kid. Apparently he was Man of the Match against the Sharks.

The eel.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The Eel said:
Hi me again

You have all just helped me with my enquiry on Tautai. He was the bloke in number 4 with the head gear, right?

Actually, Marcus P came to visit me in rehab last week and was telling me about the kid. Apparently he was Man of the Match against the Sharks.

The eel.

yeah, thats him

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
He did pretty good i thought, did alot of forward work, made an error or 2 but i think the commentators said hes only 18?

Latest posts