What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taupo game. Toyota Park. Financials etc

Theres alot of talk in the NRL forum about relocation, adelaide, death, how sh*t at life bunniesman is etc.

So weve got a home game in En Zed.

straight up we get 200,000. which is nice.

does anyone know what percentage we get from ticket sales etc, gameday catering etc.

if say the sharks got 13k at shark park (hypothetical) would we make the same money given ground costs, lighting, staffing etc?

at the same time, the leagues club dosnt get the game day boost that it would on a home game.

people in here have said (reefy for one) that the ground and club is a dog and we should be in sutherland. how feasible this is remains to be seen but i kind of agree that location wise our stadium isnt exactly greatly accessible, traffic friendly, public transport friendly and what not.

Would the club be better off moving up to 4 games out of the shire (say CC, Taupo, 2 at the sfs) as a revenue increase?

what do ya reckon?

hypothetically we could do say play as an example

Shark Park

Dragons
Eagles
Wests
Penrith
Canterbury
Canberra
Brisbane
Eels

Taupo
Warriors

CC
Newcastle

SFS
Melbourne
NQ

would like to guage peoples thoughts etc.

sharks8601

Juniors
we get a flat fee no matter if there are 1 shagger there or 10,000 of them
hopefully the locals flock the the leagues club to watch it as one since it's across the tasman

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
You may think im joking, but im not.
Develop the entire ground & club own as much as possible.
Move all games to SFS.
Buy an old Pub in the city & transfer the club license to the pub. Open up a small pub with machines in Cronulla, in the Mall, using the spare pub license or sutherland.
Build the new ground over 10 years in Sutherland, with a station inside the stand.

azzah72

Bench
That's not what i'd want but that might be a path if it means keeping us afloat and the money's ok

All sydney games at cronulla

nz in nz $200,000

newwy in cc $100,000 ?*

melb in adelaide $200,000 ?*

move qld games to double headers in lang park. poss $3-600,000?*

sign a 3 yr contract with payment at the begining of each footy season.

Could be a mill a year plus to move 6 home games.

if it is financially better than having the home games at home for a few years till the developent hopefully gets going it might be the way.

I suppose the best games at shark park are the sydney ones anyway.

* I obviously don't know the financials of what we would/could get.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
apparently we have a 300 mil development using less than half of the land.
If we cant get a pub in the city in the current give away pub climate, then there is a problem.
Can anobody really see the Sharks playing at Woolaware still in 10 years?

honestly no

i believe that youre onto something here reefy. its a crap location. if we knocked the whole thing down and build over the top it creates more development value.

make the deal to play at the SFS. all games. better facilities. easier for out of town people. crap for the shire folk though.

it would be hard to sell to the members. but i think that playing out of the SFS would be a smart move.

as for the buying of pubs...would work. pokie palaces are on the way out. however pubs...if we had ownership of a pub in the city. wouldnt be sh*t at all.

then again would the NRL allow us to

Move,
play for a few years in the centre of sydney
move back to a new stadium.

certainly an idea for a new stadium in th south of sydney in a better location would be good. say 30k...

3 way funded between the sharks, fed gvt and say the FFA wanted to chcuk in if they had a second a league team.

but yeah. woolooware isnt good.

fizman

Bench
You may think im joking, but im not.
Develop the entire ground & club own as much as possible.
Move all games to SFS.
Buy an old Pub in the city & transfer the club license to the pub. Open up a small pub with machines in Cronulla, in the Mall, using the spare pub license or sutherland.
Build the new ground over 10 years in Sutherland, with a station inside the stand.

That is a brilliant idea and and I love it.

Reefer,
you took a good idea and turned it into a great idea, and i see since that great idea you've adjusted it into a brilliant one.

The Annandale is up for sale (with a DA approval for major redevelopments), seeing as we are THE Rock'n'Roll club of the League, it'd be a perfect fit.
one can dream...

spider

Coach
No you cant, the license is for the premise

corporations act binds the registered premise

hotels are different, and with a club the business is the licensee

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
hmm I remember a certain club that used new premises whilst a new one was being built I am sure it was one that Panthers bought.

cheese

Bench
Sutho is a pipe dream

1. Council would not give up the playing fields. Ever. ....even with greenhills parklands going in, per capita, the shire doesn't have enough recreational space ...council is aware of this ....hence greenhills parklands

2. The traffic would be at least twice as f**ked as it is now at toyota. One lane in ...+ a sh*t load of constraints that would make widening the road my worst nightmare...... Imagine sutho rail bridge on match day ...FML

3. Parking would have to be catered for .....More rec space would need to be taken ..No chance

4. Sutho is farked

Australand is about to pump some life in to the immediate surrounds of Wooly ... It's on the up & the outlook for that area is not nearly as bad as it was a couple of years ago. Transport is still majorly fugged.

azzah72

Bench
Sutho is a pipe dream

1. Council would not give up the playing fields. Ever. ....even with greenhills parklands going in, per capita, the shire doesn't have enough recreational space ...council is aware of this ....hence greenhills parklands

2. The traffic would be at least twice as f**ked as it is now at toyota. One lane in ...+ a sh*t load of constraints that would make widening the road my worst nightmare...... Imagine sutho rail bridge on match day ...FML

3. Parking would have to be catered for .....More rec space would need to be taken ..No chance

4. Sutho is farked

Australand is about to pump some life in to the immediate surrounds of Wooly ... It's on the up & the outlook for that area is not nearly as bad as it was a couple of years ago. Transport is still majorly fugged.

Yeah i just can't see suth being any better than wooloware. The roads around it would be a nightmare. I agree with everything that cheese said.

My understanding is that there are going to be a bunch of developments in the south cronulla/wooloware & kurnell areas and i reckon our supposed development is the perfect jigsaw piece to the whole puzzle.

The only relocation place I could think off that they could put a new sharks stadium anywhere in the shire is the site of port hacking high school or kareela oval!

Last edited:

spider

Coach
Tweed Heads Rowing & aquatic club, now defunct, moved to a new location.
would have been the appropriate submissions made to do so

club retaining its club license would be ok - through the correct submissions

but defiantely cant convert / transfer a club license to a hotel license - apples and oranges in terms of legislation and licensing