What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taylan May charged

Wizardman

First Grade
Exactly…. There no proof of anything in the video, but lots of tell tale signs that something isn’t quite right. So, forget punishments and sanctions, but if I were a Rooster fan (or staff member), I’d have my suspicions, and I’d be pretty disappointed, and similarly, I’d be questioning if this is why some performances are not up to scratch.
You nailed it.

Brandon Smith has always been a bloke that sails close to the wind. But, when you look at his Syd Roosters performances, he has been way down from the man that played for Melbourne. Im sure the Roosters would have regrets signing him.

perverse

Referee
I think anyone who has been in a room like that, and seen blokes sniff and fiddle with their noses for you know... whatever reason... knows what was likely going on in there. There's no proof though. We've had players get a slap on the wrist for actually being spotted with "unidentified white power" in videos before, so this is a nothingburger.

They'll get a stern talking to internally and everyone will forget about this in a few weeks. I suppose for a few naive souls the curtain drops a little and they realise what most 20-somethings with a pocketful of cash get up to in Australian culture.

Chimp

Bench
I think anyone who has been in a room like that, and seen blokes sniff and fiddle with their noses for you know... whatever reason... knows what was likely going on in there. There's no proof though. We've had players get a slap on the wrist for actually being spotted with "unidentified white power" in videos before, so this is a nothingburger.

They'll get a stern talking to internally and everyone will forget about this in a few weeks. I suppose for a few naive souls the curtain drops a little and they realise what most 20-somethings with a pocketful of cash get up to in Australian culture.
Exactly.

The mental thing about this for me is that it is supposedly the night before the Sharks game.

Maybe that adds credibility to the fact they weren’t up to no good - as if those sniffles were indeed as a result of something more sinister, they’re taking a real risk with their career, as I’m pretty sure coke in system on a game day is classed as ‘in competition’ and then falls into the whole performance enhancing remit.

Valheru

Coach
Exactly.

The mental thing about this for me is that it is supposedly the night before the Sharks game.

Maybe that adds credibility to the fact they weren’t up to no good - as if those sniffles were indeed as a result of something more sinister, they’re taking a real risk with their career, as I’m pretty sure coke in system on a game day is classed as ‘in competition’ and then falls into the whole performance enhancing remit.
Have you watched the full video?

DJDL

Bench
Exactly…. There no proof of anything in the video, but lots of tell tale signs that something isn’t quite right. So, forget punishments and sanctions, but if I were a Rooster fan (or staff member), I’d have my suspicions, and I’d be pretty disappointed, and similarly, I’d be questioning if this is why some performances are not up to scratch.

Precisely.

Guys constantly disappearing off screen, then coming back wiping their noses and sniffing constantly.
Taylan May dropping his head down out of sight for a couple of seconds before standing up, letting out an almighty "aaaah", then back to wiping his nose and sniffing.

It's pretty bloody obvious what is going on, and just beggars belief they were stupid enough to film it.

Tiger Shark

Bench
You nailed it.

Brandon Smith has always been a bloke that sails close to the wind. But, when you look at his Syd Roosters performances, he has been way down from the man that played for Melbourne. Im sure the Roosters would have regrets signing him.
For me it was an odd signing to begin with. He's not a very good hooker imo, atleast not service wise. His passing is pretty rubbish. Yes he's dynamic when he decides to scoot but that will only get you so far.

Roosters recruitment just goes for the shiniest toy available with not much though of how it fits the team sometimes. This is a good example of that.

Connor Watson has saved their bacon this year, he's been excellent

perverse

Referee
Precisely.

Guys constantly disappearing off screen, then coming back wiping their noses and sniffing constantly.
Taylan May dropping his head down out of sight for a couple of seconds before standing up, letting out an almighty "aaaah", then back to wiping his nose and sniffing.

It's pretty bloody obvious what is going on, and just beggars belief they were stupid enough to film it.
If it's not what they were doing, they did an incredible job of faking it.

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade
it was probably just cold..

tony-montana-whip-cream-on-nose-un1lhe8rkde5amlj.gif

Valheru

Coach
Be out of a persons system in four days.

Today is magically day 4 and now they are testing.

Rug. Swept.
The full video which is available in this thread was live streamed and since that time has been and still is readily available on the internet.

It just took a couple of days for someone to cherry pick 30 seconds of the 62 minutes to get people like you outraged

Also, the testing was done yesterday according to the article.

Fangs

Coach
The full video which is available in this thread was live streamed and since that time has been and still is readily available on the internet.

It just took a couple of days for someone to cherry pick 30 seconds of the 62 minutes to get people like you outraged

Also, the testing was done yesterday according to the article.

Cmon end the PR train, you aren't that gullible. Its obvious what was going on.

They won't be receiving a ban, nothing on camera. So thats the end of the matter.

Valheru

Coach
Cmon end the PR train, you aren't that gullible. Its obvious what was going on.

They won't be receiving a ban, nothing on camera. So thats the end of the matter.
I'm just giving you the facts

Have you watched the full video?

I watched the video and thought that they were just taking the piss, and acting.

If it was good gear they all would've been gagging, and there was none of that.