What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taylan May charged

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
10k to hire a box for magic round

what a rip off
Really, for all 8 games or a one-off? That seems like a wonderful deal for all eight.

'Magic Round cocaine bust rocks NRL'.

Haha, whatever media. It has nothing to do with the NRL, and no one gives a f**k. Try harder.

simmo05

Bench
But they should have. Anyone convicted of domestic violence should be deregistered for life. No matter who they play for.

I'm all for second chances in life, but they can have that second chance fixing broken roof tiles (apologies to any roofers), not playing professional sport.
I have seen a few sacked players scaffolding over the years, seems to be fairly popular. Ben barba was the last one, scaffolding up in Mackay

Vee

First Grade
What do Smug fans think of this shitfight?

From the outside, he's the shittest of a shit family and my default would be with the club but there's usually at least two sides.

Munky

Coach
What do Smug fans think of this shitfight?

From the outside, he's the shittest of a shit family and my default would be with the club but there's usually at least two sides.

He's a dumb f**k that should never have been offered a new contract if he had enough skeletons the club knew about to sack him (not including his upcoming criminal hearing).

We've been told that legal settlements don't count against the cap so I think this 'sacking' is to get him off the roster.

His case doesn't get heard until during the 2025 season.

If he remains on the roster we can't sign anyone with his cap space this November window for the 2026 season. If he is found guilty then he'll be sacked straight away but his cap money will have to wait for free agents available to play 2027.

Reactions: Vee

Bazal

Post Whore
The injunction is interesting. Usually pretty difficult to get. Although the court seems to have considered the issue based on whether he should be required to address an ongoing legal proceeding with his employer, which he may not be able to do.

I have to laugh at a deadshit like this bloke arguing sacking him would lead to reputational damage though. Like his own deadshit actions (prior to the currently unproven allegations) haven't done that enough.