What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team 2016

Joker's Wild

Coach
Feeney is a running 5/8 or a fullback. Not enough space for him imo at centre

Holland is big and strong and has great foot work. He is seriously a better prospect imo than Sione as far as centre goes

Burwood

Bench
We also came 7th in the regular season with as many losses as wins- I'm not sure if the team of the year would have taken finals football into consideration.

K-Man

Bench
Holland was very good, and if he's good enough for first grade I don't necessarily think we'd have to choose between him and Sione at centre.

For mine they'd be the centres and Gagai would move to fullback where he belongs (and just importantly away from defending at centre, where he doesn't belong). Not saying Holland is definitely up to it, but if he is then I'd go this way:

1. Gagai
2. Mamo
3. Holland
4. S Mata'utia
5. Uate / McManus / Ross / Chanel / Tuha (it really depends on what happens with Aku and Jimmy).

K-Man

Bench
Feeney is a running 5/8 or a fullback. Not enough space for him imo at centre

I agree. He'd have his moments at centre for sure, but I think overall he's that running 5/8 or fullback kind of player. Kind of like a poor man's Michael Morgan. Not the same ability, but the type of role he would play in those positions.

I think there's just enough playmaking in him to go with the 5/8 option ahead of fullback. You'd want a strong organising halfback in the team though. You couldn't have a Feeney / Roberts kind of halves combination, but if Mullen was injured I'd be happy to see Feeney / Hodkinson in the halves together. Their games would complement each other.

aqua_duck

Coach
I agree. He'd have his moments at centre for sure, but I think overall he's that running 5/8 or fullback kind of player. Kind of like a poor man's Michael Morgan. Not the same ability, but the type of role he would play in those positions.

I think there's just enough playmaking in him to go with the 5/8 option ahead of fullback. You'd want a strong organising halfback in the team though. You couldn't have a Feeney / Roberts kind of halves combination, but if Mullen was injured I'd be happy to see Feeney / Hodkinson in the halves together. Their games would complement each other.

Agreed about Feeney, I made the Morgan comparison last week. He's got good pace about him and can playmake abit but will always be more of a ball runner.

Newton said in his post game interview after the NSW Cup GF win that the average age of that side is 21! Looking forward to seeing if the standouts make the step up.

slotmachine

First Grade
Big jump from NSW Cup to NRL.
Ross is a world beater at FB at that level and I wouldn't want him anywhere near FB in first grade.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
I don't see much in Holland at all. Actually I don't see much in any of the NSW CUP back line that could make an impact in FG. Bar Mamo who still is currently just a good winger. LOTS to learn at fullback.

Whats Doing

Bench
I don't see much in Holland at all. Actually I don't see much in any of the NSW CUP back line that could make an impact in FG. Bar Mamo who still is currently just a good winger. LOTS to learn at fullback.

Holland hasn't had any NRL standard pre season training. He has natural abilities in that he is very quick, has some decent size, has a good fend, can set up his winger, goal kicks and knows his way to the try line.

I think with a NRL pre season behind him, he will develop immensely and will be an asset for 1st grade.

The best thing about our NSW cup team is the depth they can add to the first grade team. I see a bit of potential in some of our forwards. I liked the look of cironen and another who's name escapes me.

I am still not that impressed with mataora though.

I would like to see Clint Newton stay on and captain that team. Say what you want about him but he has been a handy contributed to our FG team and adds a lot to our NSW cup team. Lowrie will not fill the void of Newton.

Mandalorian

Juniors

Jeez mate, hard to please

You'd not make a good talent scout

isaiah

Bench
Newton said in his post game interview after the NSW Cup GF win that the average age of that side is 21! Looking forward to seeing if the standouts make the step up.

Funny thing about the jets playing your reserve grade side next Sunday is that the jets coaches applied for the NRL job at your club. Jets by 16.

Funny thing about the jets playing your reserve grade side next Sunday is that the jets coaches applied for the NRL job at your club. Jets by 16.
Their coaching style would be torn to bits in First Grade. Imagine them trying it against the Storm or Roosters? The mistakes would be punished big time. It is a style of footy which is a glorified game of touch. I think it is bold but a great technician like Bellamy or Robinson would dismantle it

Sironen was impressive for the time he was on.
I agree that Holland is a prospect.
I'd also take Ndaira on as a bench utility just for a year in preference to having Randell there. I doubt he could be talked into it. Be a bonus to keep him on in NSW Cup.