What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team following rep games

saint frank

Juniors
Next week we play the Cowgirls and I have named a team that I think would be acceptable if the following players made Aus/NZ/City/Country teams (Aus- Morris, Gasiner, Creagh) (NZ- Nightingale, Fien) (Country - Weaman, Young, Scott, Soward). In order to prevent injuries I believe we should rest the rep players and play with this team below what do you think:
Injured Boyd, Emmett, Cronin.

1) Goodwin
2) Tagive
3) Cooper
4) Prior
5) Morris/Nightingale or Under 20's player
6) Stanley
7) Hornby
8) Merin
9) Rein
10) Hunt
11) Broden
12)Greenfield
13) Marketo

14) Green
15)Cuthberson
16) Gower
17) Penese

This would really test our depth

I dont think you need to rest all the rep players - only those who need the rest (Young/Weyman/Fein/Creagh). The rest will back up no problems.

I also think that Hunt and/or Merrin will play for Country too.

(ps, i'm sure you mean Bosden, not Broden)..

Jono1987

Juniors
^

Only need to potentially rest the forwards and anyone else that ends up carrying a niggle.

I'd go

1. Nightingale
2. Morris
3. Gasnier
4. Cooper
5. Tagive
6. Soward
7. Hornby
8. Merrin
9. Rein
10. Green
11. Emmett/Bosden
12. Cuthbertson
13. Prior

14. Gower
15. Greenfield
16. Bosden/Penese
17. Stanley

Above team is assuming the following players were selected for representative duties or are injured; Boyd, Fien, Hunt, Weyman, Scott, Creagh, Young and King.