What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for next week

strider

Post Whore
i wouldn't drop him - but i think feleti needs a gentle reminder during the week that he needs to work hard EVERY game to keep his spot

The Engineers Room

First Grade
The Colonel said:
1 Burt
2 Hayne
3 Smith B
4 Tahu
5 Grothe
6 Finch
7 Smith T
8 Caylo
9 PJ
10 Fui
11 Hindy
12 Hindy
13 Wags

14 Mateo
15 Paulo
16 Cordoba
17 Hauraki

So you would have PJ on for the full 80? or is something happening with Mateo?

The Colonel

Immortal
Natalie's Daddy said:
So you would have PJ on for the full 80? or is something happening with Mateo?

I don't understand why the need to carry an interchange hooker - it has been a Brian Smith ploy for so long that its just been adopted and carried on with Riddell and PJ. A utility player is more than adequate. Mateo can cover 5/8 and the backrow. Wagon covers centre and Finch can cover hooker. The backline can be easily reshuffled.

PJ can play 80 mins - not sure he was off the field yesterday for that long, if at all. PJ, Tim, Blake and Finch were on the field at the same time yesterday and that left the team vulnerable around the ruck - particularly when you had Wagon and the two Nathans off the field.

The need for more impact from the bench was more than obvious yesterday - Blake didn't get on the field for 50 minutes, so really there was no point IMO. Keep the forwards rotating.

Paulo, Fa'aoso, Taia or Hauraki need to be considered until Riddell or Robinson return. Riddell than needs to be used as a running forward rather than hooker.

Bigfella

Coach
Colonel, looks good.

I would think about starting Mateo to have I Hindy on the bench so that we have a bit more experience to bring into the game off the bench.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
IMO

1. Burt
2. Hayne
3. Inu
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Green
7. Smith
8. Cayless
9. PJ
10. FFMM
11. N Hindy
12. I Hindy
13. B Smith

14. Finch
15. Cordoba
16. Wagon
17. Feleti

only arguement could be the smallish pack

The team wont change. The forwards went well especially the Starters. If anyone is on notice it would Be T Smith who had a poor game, Cannings.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
The Colonel said:
I don't understand why the need to carry an interchange hooker - it has been a Brian Smith ploy for so long that its just been adopted and carried on with Riddell and PJ. A utility player is more than adequate. Mateo can cover 5/8 and the backrow. Wagon covers centre and Finch can cover hooker. The backline can be easily reshuffled.

PJ can play 80 mins - not sure he was off the field yesterday for that long, if at all. PJ, Tim, Blake and Finch were on the field at the same time yesterday and that left the team vulnerable around the ruck - particularly when you had Wagon and the two Nathans off the field.

The need for more impact from the bench was more than obvious yesterday - Blake didn't get on the field for 50 minutes, so really there was no point IMO. Keep the forwards rotating.

Paulo, Fa'aoso, Taia or Hauraki need to be considered until Riddell or Robinson return. Riddell than needs to be used as a running forward rather than hooker.

I don't disagree, just wanted to know whether this was the case. I still think PJ shouldn't play 80 minutes. He is not as effective.

The Colonel

Immortal
Bigfella said:
I would think about starting Mateo to have I Hindy on the bench so that we have a bit more experience to bring into the game off the bench.

More effective against a tiring side IMO, that and the fact he doesn't work hard enough in defense. If you started with Hauraki or Fa'aoso then yeah thate would work better.

Only guys I'd consider changing would be Green and Mateo. Both showed yesterday that despite talent, sometimes first grade gets the better of young players. Having said that, I'd be bringing in Hauraki and Keating, both young players as well but would have that enthusiasm from being called up.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Green Needs to be brought on alot earlier then he was against the dogs and in a tight game he should have been pulled for Marsh...In saying that he isnt a Hooker he's a 5/8 half back, finch should slot into hooker if they need to give Marsh a rest and bring Green on...

xr62nv

Juniors
1 Burt
2 Hayne
3 smith
4 Tahu
5 Grothe
6 Finch
7 Smith
8 Cayless
9 marsh
10 Fui fui
11 Hindmarsh
12 hauraki (if ian cant play)
13 Wagon

14 Inu
15 Mateo
16 Cordoba
17 Cannings

ben smith can move to lock when we bring inu on, green/marsh done that this week for a considerable amount of time, im sure benny would be a better option playing lock in that period of time.

bartman

Immortal
Just my opinion of what will be announced... Hages won't give too much away thi8s early in the week, even if he is planning a change.

1 Burt
2 Hayne
3 Smith B
4 Tahu
5 Grothe
6 Finch
7 Smith T
8 Caylo
9 PJ
10 Fui
11 Hindy
12 Hindy
13 Wags

14 Green (I don't think Hages will change things until Riddell is back in the mix)
15 Cannings
16 Cordoba
17 Mateo (or maybe his current spell will be up)
18 Inu (named out of respect/encouragement)
19 ? (named as possible cover for Ian, apparently Lowrie is having scans - if we are ever going to see the Ben Smith swap to the forwards, this week is it)

There's probably some people knocking on the door for Cannings/Cordoba spots, but Hages will stick with them at the moment. On match day I wouldn't be surprised to Inu start somewhere 2-5 , and someone else have a week off... And I wouldn't be surprised if Hages uses Green a bit differently, and even considers Finch from dummy half for a small section of the game, to give PJ a rest.

We're three and three, travelling kind of OK but with room to improve. Touch wood we have no injuries, that's where a lot of other guys might step up and get their chance as the season wears on, but already Reddy, Mateo and Green have had a fair taste, Inu should be next. Must keep in touch though from here and not lose two or more on the trot.

Pazza

First Grade
1 Burt
2 Hayne
3 smith
4 Tahu
5 Grothe
6 Finch
7 Smith
8 Cayless
9 marsh
10 Fui
11 Hindmarsh
12 Ian/Taia
13 Wagon

14 Inu
15 Mateo
16 Cordoba
17 Cannings (needs a big match)

emjaycee

Coach
1. Burt
2. Hayne
3. Tahu
4. B Smith
5. Grothe
6. Finch
7. T Smith
8. Cayless
9. PJ Marsh
10. Cannings
11. N Hindmarsh
12. I Hindmarsh (he wont play but will be named to give cover for Zeb/Weller/Paulo)
13. Wagon

14. Green
15. Cordoba
16. Moi Moi
17. Mateo
18. Inu

Inu will be named in 18 but I cant see Hages dropping anyone 1-5 at this stage. Each brings something to the team and while all are not in the best of form (excluding Burt), we need them out there in case they fire. On their day each of them is a world beater and what if "their day" is the day we drop them?