What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for Raiders

Genius Freak

Juniors
Same 17.

Millington and Green 18 and 19.

Source: http://www.sharks.com.au/index.php?id=435&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=996&tx_ttnews[backPid]=432&cHash=f2b2bf1980

Excitement swept the Sutherland Shire ahead of Saturday night’s home final against the Raiders with Sharks fans quick to snap up tickets to the big game.

The reserved seating to the final, the Sharks first home semi since 2001, was selling fast, as were outer ground tickets, with more than 8,000 in total already sold before noon on Tuesday.
Although plenty of tickets remain, those hoping to attend the game on Saturday were being encouraged to pre-purchase tickets as soon as possible to avoid possible disappointment and/or queues on game day.
While fans were lining up for tickets outside Toyota Stadium, the Sharks trained strongly inside the ground, with all players excepting Fraser Anderson taking part in a skills and ball work session.
Despite the fact that Anderson watched on with an ice pack on a sore right knee, Sharks medical staff were quick to play down suggestions that the Kiwi back rower would be unavailable for the match on Saturday.
Anderson is expected to return to full training tomorrow.
There were no other injury concerns for the Sharks, with coach Ricky Stuart sticking with the 17 players who defeated the Cowboys last weekend, while also adding Grant Millington and Blake Green to a six-man interchange bench.
Stuart is expected to make a decision on the final make up of his team to take on the Raiders before Friday’s final training session, with those dropping out to play for the Cronulla Cobras in the NSW Cup semi final against Wentworthville on Saturday afternoon.
The Raiders named a side with few surprises, captain Alan Tongue going back to lock with regular hooker Glenn Buttriss selected in the half back position.
The Sharks v Raiders final is scheduled for a 6.30pm kickoff at Toyota Stadium on Saturday night.

Last edited:

evv

Juniors
I also notice there is no Mitch Brown or Paul Steppa in the cobra's lineup. i wonder whether they are training with first grade as backup or what??

imasharkie

Coach
glad norrie got a spot

just as long as he's still in the team when the final 17 are named.
After Snowden, Norrie was the next best forward on the field last weekend. Both these players are taking the ball up a lot harder than any of the other forwards. Snowden gets better every week and they're both a lot harder runners than Ross.
If we retain Ross after this current contract I reckon it will be less than half his current rate, say $180k per year with written into his contract that he plays every game or deductions will happen.

i think seu seu will be in there.

Mill and green drop out.

unless Anderson ruled out then Millon into the starting line up and seu stays benched.

cb4

First Grade
i would have milo over nuts, but with the other 4 as props, nuts usually goes back row

Special K

Coach
Last week we had a 3 prop bench.. I that may happen again, due to the fact the Raiders are a smaller team then us and they have the ability to leak points. Given the fact that some of their team will likely be playing with injuries I could see Sticky ramping up our pack and making our game plan to roll over them.

Keep in mind Manly belted us by having monster forwards coming out the wazoo so last week might of been a preview of how we plan to run our bench(without Seu Seu getting 40 minutes) this final series.

I think Millington misses out sadly. He has been solid but I think they are going to want the go forward of say a Norrie rather then poor Millington.

No way Green plays imo

cb4

First Grade
unlucky 4 milo
there will be a spot for him next year tho
good promising player

cb4

First Grade
i would like that, or fraser to play nuts to drop (hah) n williams in

Latest posts